Colchester (a) - Match thread

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do you really need an explanation right now. Id be distributed if anyone can't see why their is a disconnect right now. Id say that they don't follow the club or have an understanding whats going on.

That’s not what I was talking about. 

Jorvik said that he wasn’t going. BigDog indicated that he disagreed with that stance. Both are entitled to their own opinion- and shouldn’t be outraged if someone disagrees with it. I felt “f off for judging people” was ott. 

Some of us will boycott, some of us will continue attending. 

2 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Jorvik said that he wasn’t going. BigDog indicated that he disagreed with that stance. Both are entitled to their own opinion- and shouldn’t be outraged if someone disagrees with it. I felt “f off for judging people” was ott. 

Bigdog didn’t even respond to me. I felt it was a proportionate response to the passive aggressiveness that was in response to @Dave_Og

Just like your passive aggressive sub quoting by not directly responding to me. 

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I think ‘fuck off for judging people’ is about right, given ‘some of us will boycott and some of us will continue attending’. We’re not judging those who are continuing to attend, even though we disagree with their stance. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Even without the family commitments, why is it odd? I have such a disconnect with the club at the moment that I can’t be bothered going the 2 miles to matches we’ve already paid for. People can choose not to pay to go to an away match, regardless of distance. 

Indeed. And it may be one of my closest games but it's still an hour's drive away.  I've probably been to more games this season than since Johnson's first season but this won't be added to the list. 

It's not a stance or a boycott, I'm just not going

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Bigdog didn’t even respond to me. I felt it was a proportionate response to the passive aggressiveness that was in response to @Dave_Og

Just like your passive aggressive sub quoting by not directly responding to me. 

Oh dear. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Why's it odd. My son loves it and it was his birthday during the week. 

What an odd comment. 

Well you’ve added context which wasn’t remotely implied in your first statement. Your implication was very different.  Have fun. Hope your lad has a good day. 

People can do what the fuck they like about going or not going. I really don’t care. 

But if you are going to state it here then other people can ask questions about it. 

People can then ignore those questions if they want. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

People can do what the fuck they like about going or not going. I really don’t care. 

But if you are going to state it here then other people can ask questions about it. 

It may not be entirely rational but I've goy you pegged as being no taller than about five foot eight

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well your reaction smacks of short man syndrome. You seem incapable of posting anything that isn't aggressive. Passive or otherwise. 

You an ex teacher? You are incapable of posting anything that isn’t pompous or condescending. 

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

What Dave_Og v Kowenicki, or the match? 

My money is on the locals in both cases. 

Preferably the match. Although it is funny following two (I presume) grown men argue repeatedly on a football forum, and they even support the same football team.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

How about you fuck off judging people for not going? 

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

But if you proclaim (probably a bit strong) that you are not going, and give your reasons ( “a disconnect with the club”), then you have to expect a critique of them surely? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Sort of where I was coming from.

Edited by TheBigDog

I’m not going, normally attend all southern games....frankly I just decided to save myself the £60 it would have cost for the day and spend it on something else.......I don’t think it’s the beginning of the end after nearly 50 years supporting Latics, just a bit tired of everything this season

I’ll be back at Cheltenham though