Radio Manc tonight. 6pm. 9th April

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Wont be discussing ours as AL hasn't released them yet!!

It’s a general discussion about finances, not a forensic exam of statutory accounts.  Bolton’s aren’t available either, but I’m pretty sure there will be a discussion around them too. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’s a general discussion about finances, not a forensic exam of statutory accounts.  Bolton’s aren’t available either, but I’m pretty sure there will be a discussion around them too. 

If it's on Radio Manchester it'll be 90% about them.

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Blimey. Almost certainly some contagion there. Horrendous. 

25 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Frightening. I feel really sorry for their supporters. I'd be devastated if Latics went under.

You'd imagine he's shipped a load of debt onto Bury from his other companies along the way.

So in summary Bolton is done unless a hugely wealthy investor turns up. Expected. They only did well because of stupid amounts of cash and a good manager (for the time).  They just threw £200m at it over the years. 

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....all the region’s clubs were invited to nominate someone to contribute to the programme. Only Wigan accepted.... their Chief Exec, Jonathan Jackson? is on.

Wigan. £8m loss first year after parachute payments finished. Don’t see a big future for them. New owners don’t seem the type to throw cash at it forever. Parent company share price is in free fall too, which is interesting.

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Wigan guy essentially said they will now cut their cloth.  League 1 / Champ yo-yo for them then. 

....or punch above their weight by staying in the Champ and hoping they get lucky every now and again with a crop of players at the top end / flirting with promotion....

As per his tweet, Kieran McGuire giving us & Marco stick for moving the accounting period by a day to delay publication by 3 months. I hadn’t considered this, but - Kieran McGuire suggested - it could also be true that we haven’t paid the accountants and they’ve downed tools too.... unsurprisingly nothing else to add about us it would appear.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Rochdale ‘model club’.  Very true so far, although recent accounts showed they slipped to a loss.  I’d say hang fire on that anyway. Next years published accounts will be very different. Guaranteed.   

Oldham. Suspicious and it probably isn’t good, but no more than that said so far. 

Rochdale ‘model club’.  Very true so far, although recent accounts showed they slipped to a loss.  I’d say hang fire on that anyway. Next years published accounts will be very different. Guaranteed.   

Oldham. Suspicious and it probably isn’t good, but no more than that said so far. 

And still posted a loss...

£1.3m profit the year before on the back of Hogan’s sell on though.....

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

£1.3m profit the year before on the back of Hogan’s sell on though.....

Yes. £300k loss in last accounts with a 60% wage bill... 1.6m swing.  They desperately need to sell for decent fees to sustain their model. 

Next year will be poor. There is something going on there that isn’t quite right at the minute.