Swindon (h) Sat 13th April

57 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You going simply ? I like u decided not to return, more down to season being over than anything else. I’m tempted now...

Nah don’t think so. Can’t see us getting in the playoffs anyway. This season has killed something in me tbh. I’ll be back next season though. Revitalised and ready to go again. Hopefully anyway. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Nah don’t think so. Can’t see us getting in the playoffs anyway. This season has killed something in me tbh. I’ll be back next season though. Revitalised and ready to go again. Hopefully anyway. 

I've given up on this season, given my St away, next season is away games only. 

Think I’ll skip Saturday , don’t think I can handle defeat! I’d like to go, but too used to the heart heartache. I say used to it, not able to take it again!  even if we reach the play offs, all o can recall is miserly qpr and Blackpool! I prey to god, we can do it and then turn  a corner! But I literally can’t handle it !

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Think I’ll skip Saturday , don’t think I can handle defeat! I’d like to go, but too used to the heart heartache. I say used to it, not able to take it again!  even if we reach the play offs, all o can recall is miserly qpr and Blackpool! I prey to god, we can do it and then turn  a corner! But I literally can’t handle it !

🤦🏻‍♂️ Get a grip and get to the game! 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

I don't get this. Endure years and years of shite only to not go when we have a flicker of hope. 

Imagine the buzz at quarter to five if we win and results fall our way

Perhaps the Clown is the straw that broke the camels back. 

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

It will be a bigger disappointment after if you aren't there to see the wins over Swindon and the play off final at Wembley. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

I don't get this. Endure years and years of shite only to not go when we have a flicker of hope. 

Imagine the buzz at quarter to five if we win and results fall our way

It's not really hope with this idiot owning the club though is it? He's destroying the club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It's not really hope with this idiot owning the club though is it? He's destroying the club.

Fans should still still support the team IMO, despite him.

Season ticket renewed.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Fans should still still support the team IMO, despite him.

Season ticket renewed.

Don’t we say that no one individual is bigger than the club? 

I’m in s group of 10 Main Standers , ages 35 to late 60s, all been going for donkeys years, dislike much of what AL seems to be doing, or not doing, but will be there Saturday supporting the team. 

And any protest or boycott needs convincing people like us that it’s needed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

You'll be there....but what is heart heartache? Not being particularly well up on the body but does the heart have a heart to get heartache....perhaps RudeMedic could advise here unless you are a freak of nature...….that's it....you are a freak of nature, question answered!!!☺️

18 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You'll be there....but what is heart heartache? Not being particularly well up on the body but does the heart have a heart to get heartache....perhaps RudeMedic could advise here unless you are a freak of nature...….that's it....you are a freak of nature, question answered!!!☺️

Heart heartache is a physical pain in a vital organ. Latics heartache is a metaphorical malaise that affects your psyche. Symptoms can be: making many irrational choices in the pursuit of Oldham Athletic; false optimism during summer months followed by sudden bouts of realism and despondency. And finally, chatting shit on message boards. 

• Like 8

Have a mate who is a Swindon fan. Says they are playing magnificent football at the moment. Swift movement, sliock passing and defensively sound. Ominously sounds like the purple patch football Wellens managed for us for a few games.

He says they've recently hammered Morecambe, played Bury off the park at their place before all Bury's woes started (won there 3-1) and were by far the better side at Newport last game in a 0-0 draw.

Tough game, this - I need to decide whether to go after boycotting last 2 home games.

35 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Have a mate who is a Swindon fan. Says they are playing magnificent football at the moment. Swift movement, sliock passing and defensively sound. Ominously sounds like the purple patch football Wellens managed for us for a few games.

He says they've recently hammered Morecambe, played Bury off the park at their place before all Bury's woes started (won there 3-1) and were by far the better side at Newport last game in a 0-0 draw.

Tough game, this - I need to decide whether to go after boycotting last 2 home games.

But on our pitch...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Don’t we say that no one individual is bigger than the club? 

I’m in s group of 10 Main Standers , ages 35 to late 60s, all been going for donkeys years, dislike much of what AL seems to be doing, or not doing, but will be there Saturday supporting the team. 

And any protest or boycott needs convincing people like us that it’s needed. 

What we have seen so far from Abdallah is that we are not far away from the next shitstorm. It won't be long before another bad story emerges from the club.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Purple patch? Does it sound like the same purple patch Tranmere were having when they pitched up last week with the L2 highest goal scorer?

Swindon have failed to win 26 of their 41 league games and football results are random. 

I refuse to be negative until absolutely necessary on a game of football. 

Edited by mikeroyboy
  • Like 2