Swindon (h) Sat 13th April

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Have a mate who is a Swindon fan. Says they are playing magnificent football at the moment. Swift movement, sliock passing and defensively sound. Ominously sounds like the purple patch football Wellens managed for us for a few games.

He says they've recently hammered Morecambe, played Bury off the park at their place before all Bury's woes started (won there 3-1) and were by far the better side at Newport last game in a 0-0 draw.

Tough game, this - I need to decide whether to go after boycotting last 2 home games.

Picking and choosing is not boycotting. I’m picking and choosing..

i won’t be picking anything that isn’t titled playoff I don’t think 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Heart heartache is a physical pain in a vital organ. Latics heartache is a metaphorical malaise that affects your psyche. Symptoms can be: making many irrational choices in the pursuit of Oldham Athletic; false optimism during summer months followed by sudden bouts of realism and despondency. And finally, chatting shit on message boards. 

Talking of sh*t:

Definition of heartache as stated in Oxford Dictionaries - 

Emotional anguish or grief, typically caused by the loss or absence of someone loved.

But I still don't know what "Heart heartache" is and by the look of your response, neither do you! But as for Latics heartache....you are bang on the mark.

5 hours ago, philliggi said:

I don't get this. Endure years and years of shite only to not go when we have a flicker of hope. 

Imagine the buzz at quarter to five if we win and results fall our way

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps the Clown is the straw that broke the camels back. 

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

It's not really hope with this idiot owning the club though is it? He's destroying the club.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fans should still still support the team IMO, despite him.

Season ticket renewed.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Like it or not the two things are linked.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that things are so bad off the pitch that flukeing promotion might be our only hope of still having a club next season? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that things are so bad off the pitch that flukeing promotion might be our only hope of still having a club next season? 

I think you're on to something, enitrely possible. Or at least a squad not entirely made up of French 12th division players.

Edited by singe

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Have a mate who is a Swindon fan. Says they are playing magnificent football at the moment. Swift movement, sliock passing and defensively sound. Ominously sounds like the purple patch football Wellens managed for us for a few games.

He says they've recently hammered Morecambe, played Bury off the park at their place before all Bury's woes started (won there 3-1) and were by far the better side at Newport last game in a 0-0 draw.

Tough game, this - I need to decide whether to go after boycotting last 2 home games.

Last five games

Swindon: LLWDD
Oldham: DLWWW

Purple patch?
Some fans are making unnecessary excuses already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

You'll be there....but what is heart heartache? Not being particularly well up on the body but does the heart have a heart to get heartache....perhaps RudeMedic could advise here unless you are a freak of nature...….that's it....you are a freak of nature, question answered!!!☺️

It’s was winesday , so I talk shit ! Ignore my dramatic statement. 

53 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Talking of sh*t:

Definition of heartache as stated in Oxford Dictionaries - 

Emotional anguish or grief, typically caused by the loss or absence of someone loved.

But I still don't know what "Heart heartache" is and by the look of your response, neither do you! But as for Latics heartache....you are bang on the mark.

Are you really getting that wound up and invested in an obvious mistake in a post? :dntknw:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Should be a good game and plenty riding on it for both teams. Expect them to knock it about and not be a direct team like most league 2 as wellens team do try and play. expect goals at both ends, hopefully 2-1 latics but draw isnt the worst result for us. with them playing mid week we have a slight edge so hopefully will be fresher and that will count. has to be same team starting, i think we are better without baxter in team anyway so no probs him missing from me. 

4 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Should be a good game and plenty riding on it for both teams. Expect them to knock it about and not be a direct team like most league 2 as wellens team do try and play. expect goals at both ends, hopefully 2-1 latics but draw isnt the worst result for us. with them playing mid week we have a slight edge so hopefully will be fresher and that will count. has to be same team starting, i think we are better without baxter in team anyway so no probs him missing from me. 

Or will he stay true to his relegation excuse and play hoofball for this game because it's impossible to play passing football on our dreadful pitch ?

2 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Purple patch? Does it sound like the same purple patch Tranmere were having when they pitched up last week with the L2 highest goal scorer?

Swindon have failed to win 26 of their 41 league games and football results are random. 

I refuse to be negative until absolutely necessary on a game of football. 

Tranmere and Colchester are far better sides than Swindon and were going into this game on the back of three wins, six goals scored and three clean sheets

I can only see another win for us 

11 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Tranmere and Colchester are far better sides than Swindon and were going into this game on the back of three wins, six goals scored and three clean sheets

That's not how it works!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Wellens has won both games against those 2 sides, including a very impressive win at Prenton Park where Rovers lose rarely.

Edited by Ryan
Autocorrect