Swindon (h) Sat 13th April

13 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

2 points dropped, but........with 7 games to go I thought we needed 71/72 points to have a chance of the play-offs, so 5 wins and 2 draws or 6 wins and 1 defeat. So it's still a huge challenge, but 4 wins and a draw from the last 5 will get us to 71.

Unlikely but here's hoping!

It's not gonna happen. A mountain ask. Just applaud the efforts of Wild. Hope he gets a deal for next year

• Like 1

Needed to win today but in all honesty fortunate to get a draw.

We’re a striker short and have been since Surridge left.

I think the top 7 tonight will be top seven come May.

Edited by oafc1955

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Edmondson probably should have walked for that. probably about fair on the balance of play. I'd like to see both our wingers get in the game more.

I don't think Robinson was going to get the ball, otherwise I think he may have done. 

On the balance of play a draw was the fair result. Some of our decision making was bizarre at times - Maouche being a particular culprit. 

I thought our subs swing the game in our favour particularly Baxter and the excellent Sylla. 

I'm absolutely shocked that a Richie Wellens side struggled to defend set-pieces. 

Anyone know what happened in the Main Stand paddock at HT? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Needed to win today but in all honesty fortunate to get a draw.

I think the top 7 tonight will be top seven come May.

Strange game. On 75 mins fortunate to get a draw. On 90 mins unlucky not to win.  For all their control and possession, they had 4 shots on target to our 9. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I don't think Robinson was going to get the ball, otherwise I think he may have done. 

On the balance of play a draw was the fair result. Some of our decision making was bizarre at times - Maouche being a particular culprit. 

I thought our subs swing the game in our favour particularly Baxter and the excellent Sylla. 

I'm absolutely shocked that a Richie Wellens side struggled to defend set-pieces. 

Anyone know what happened in the Main Stand paddock at HT? 

Couple of blokes were abusing George as he was coming off - clarkey and wild told them to fk  off!

But one of them decided to front up another fan and it got ugly with stewards involved..

Should have made the changes earlier, Maouche didn't look interested and Sylla was a vast improvement in closing down their midfield, while Baxter moved the ball far quicker than O'Grady.

Swindon probably the best footballing team seen this season, but in this division does that count for anything?

Cog needs dropping to the bench. Even we he does win the ball hes so ponderous he looses it and he struggled to close down allowing them to play out with freedom.

Though pen was soft..there player initiated contact and and the uses george as a pivot then goes over. He did it a few times 2nd half and got nothing.

Subs all looked decent when they came on. 

Sp typicall of this division that at the back Swindon were no great shakes. A decebt battling point. 

Better recruitment in jan and who knows...

38 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

Couple of blokes were abusing George as he was coming off - clarkey and wild told them to fk  off!

But one of them decided to front up another fan and it got ugly with stewards involved..

Some of our fans are terrific aren't they very knowledgeable about the game too abusing probably our best player this season.

On a more positive note we showed character to come back and dig out a point from where we were on 60-70 mins. Credit where it's due Sylla played well when he came on.

We really needed a win from that to really keep the play off charge going. But it would be harsh to criticise the team too much after the way we finished the game.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

As disappointed as I am with today's game I was more disappointed with Wild. 

As great a job as he's done I don't want him to be our manager next season.

Far too negative again and for the 1st hour we just sat back and let them have the ball upto the edge of our box.

We haven't got the players to play that game as we cant catch teams on the break.

Wild makes us difficult to beat but boring to watch.

Only when we went 2-1 did we have a go and looked like winning,  had we started the match like that I'm sure we would have got a better result. 

Winning 3 games on the trot gave us  an unexpected tilt at the play offs and consequently should have gone out today all guns blazing as we had nothing to lose.

The chance has gone now so time to be looking now for next season's manager so he can start as soon as this season ends.

Edited by losesome
  • Like 1