Swindon (h) Sat 13th April

19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nothing wrong with it. He’s a dick. 

He was a dick throughout...lacked any kind of class and respect! 

Went mad at his own player for being sporting and giving us the ball back after our player received treatment! 

Did I miss some of todays game? I ask because Nepo was given MOM when you hardly knew he was there and Missilou and Lang ran themselves ragged and had a great game.

5 minutes ago, losesome said:

As disappointed as I am with today's game I was more disappointed with Wild. 

As great a job as he's done I don't want him to be our manager next season.

Far too negative again and for the 1st hour we just sat back and let them have the ball upto the edge of our box.

We haven't got the players to play that game as we cant catch teams on the break.

Wild makes us difficult to beat but boring to watch.

Only when we went 2-1 did we have a go and looked like winning,  had we started the match like that I'm sure we would have got a better result. 

Winning 3 games on the trot gave us  an unexpected tilt at the play offs and consequently should have gone out today all guns blazing as we had nothing to lose.

The chance has gone now so time to be looking now for next season's manager do he can start as soon as this season ends.

Got to disagree with this. Would you have changed a team that had just won 3 on the bounce?

Admittedly he does seem to want to get to 60 mins before he lets the team open up a bit more but with the players we have he does seem to be able to get a performance from them. After this seasons shenanigans I would like to see him given a chance. He did say on the radio we gave them far too much space first half.

Thought the weather played an important part too-Iverson couldn't get past the half way line first half with his kicks.

Pitch was fine.

Fair play today Kowenicki your lad was terrible and you have called him out for it. :chubb:

3 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He was a dick throughout...lacked any kind of class and respect! 

Went mad at his own player for being sporting and giving us the ball back after our player received treatment! 

Bloke has had nowt but abuse since he left, don't blame him.

12 minutes ago, losesome said:

Far too negative again and for the 1st hour we just sat back and let them have the ball upto the edge of our box.

We haven't got the players to play that game as we cant catch teams on the break.

Only when we went 2-1 did we have a go and looked like winning,  had we started the match like that I'm sure we would have got a better result. 

Winning 3 games on the trot gave us  an unexpected tilt at the play offs and consequently should have gone out today all guns blazing as we had nothing to lose.

The chance has gone now so time to be looking now for next season's manager so he can start as soon as this season ends.

According to Wellens we couldn't handle his system at all...

Bit surprised by your comment TBH as we'd won 3-0, 2-0, 2-0 in PW's last 3 games. Same squad as Scholes, and both were shafted signings wise. PW can change a game quickly, we haven't had many managers that can do that in the last 20 years.  It was such a vital game, and at 1-0 the win was the most important thing, and defensively we've been good.

Who would you suggest we get in?

16 minutes ago, losesome said:

The chance has gone now so time to be looking now for next season's manager so he can start as soon as this season ends.

Downvote

I’ll hold my hands up, I was pretty vocal about Sylla, but I think he changed the game today and was just what we needed when he came on. 

Nep is an unbelievable crosser of the ball. 

I think we should have played with an extra midfielder today to combat there passing game, but I guess we couldn’t change a team that had won 3 on the bounce. 

I was surprised Nepo was man of the match today I thought he was fairly ordinary infact I think I might prefer him at LB.

Branger took his goal well I thought, but he gives the ball away to often and too cheaply.

Infact we were dominated in midfield today until Sylla came on and started breaking things up abit.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Do you ALWAYS have to be a contrarian? 

What were people expecting him to do? A pre match walkabout applauding all four stands? Our fans very rarely show any class to ex players or managers so shouldn't expect any back.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 7:28 PM, wiseowl said:

I wasn't making excuses - just passing on the info from a dyed in the wool Swindon fan. He says they are playing very well - best they've seen under Wellens.

I spoke with him again an hour ago (he's the reason I may break my boycott i.e. to catch up with him) and he's says, incidentally, that they are unbeaten in last 5 games? Just checked their last 5 results on their site, Wardie, and it reads DWWDD ?

Well - amazingly, I managed to maintain self-discipline and keep up my boycott. I met my mate from Swindon for a pint or two before the game - and then I went home (yes it was hard). I can't speak with him for a while as he's driving back and no "hands free" method available.

Those that went - did Swindon look a good side please? (he reckons they are going up via playoffs!).

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bloke has had nowt but abuse since he left, don't blame him.

Really? I was in the paddock just behind him and I was surprised how no one really acknowledged him at the start of the game today let alone gave him abuse. He attracted abuse with his touch line behaviour throughout the game. 

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Well - amazingly, I managed to maintain self-discipline and keep up my boycott. I met my mate from Swindon for a pint or two before the game - and then I went home (yes it was hard). I can't speak with him for a while as he's driving back and no "hands free" method available.

Those that went - did Swindon look a good side please? (he reckons they are going up via playoffs!).

They aren’t going up. Their defence was clumsy to say the least. Decent up top though. If we win our game in hand we would be above them, that says a lot. 

1 minute ago, super_blue said:

Really? I was in the paddock just behind him and I was surprised how no one really acknowledged him at the start of the game today let alone gave him abuse. He attracted abuse with his touch line behaviour throughout the game. 

According to a vocal minority it was him and him alone responsible for relegation.

I'm sure Oldham as a club still has a place in his heart but he'd have been desperate to get one over on Lemsagam today.

4 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Exactly. Eyres won’t know that... he doesn’t go. 

Just now, deyres42 said:

According to a vocal minority it was him and him alone responsible for relegation.

I'm sure Oldham as a club still has a place in his heart but he'd have been desperate to get one over on Lemsagam today.

Yeah cos he reads OWTB daily... 🙄

Guest Stanley30
42 minutes ago, losesome said:

Nah ur right let’s change mangers agin. Always works

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They aren’t going up. Their defence was clumsy to say the least. Decent up top though. If we win our game in hand we would be above them, that says a lot. 

Thank you.

Jeez - I`ve just studied the table - shows what a pivotal game this was. Had we won, we'd be sat nicely in 8th, with a game in hand on the 7 above us and on the next 4 below us.

Sounds like we didn't really "bust a gut" today when that was what was needed?