Protest 22/4/19 against Mansfield.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Mike - fully understand and respect your decision. One of the issues regarding Latics is that Oldham is not a rich town and I`m sure many fans purchase a season ticket simply because it offers them an adult entrance fee of around £12 for each match (early bird offer). A substantial saving as against POTD.

I will not renew until sanity returns in some way, shape or form under the present owner or a new one. I`d rather POTD to be honest, even if it does cost me far more eventually (i.e. if sanity returns and I end up attending every home game).

Presently, in the absence of a united front amongst supporters, it's the best way I can think of to send a message to the Chairman. I`m getting the feeling, though, that people taking my stance are becoming somewhat of a minority (we won't know until final season ticket sales are published).

I respect your stance and for me it’s the most logical decision - to impact on LA’s income flow. That is most peoples response to a poor product. They just buy it elsewhere. That is the rub with following your local Professional Football Club, it’s more than a product, it’s in your blood, there is no alternative. 

There are are a few on here who wanted Corney out at any cost. Well here we are for the time being. 

11 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Well, after much doubt and debate 5 of us agreed to renew our season ticket on Saturday, even addressing at the risk of losing our cash and long held seats. 

In in my experience people who question others for lack of conviction are generally on the light side of solving a problem themselves. 

At this moment in time I am not using the same butcher, baker, corner shop, newsagent or service station as 50yrs ago. You get my drift? But as a Latics supporter I am ‘exactly’ in the same boat as any other long term supporter - there is no other club for me. 

Now please tell me: how do ‘you’ propose to jettison an uncomunitive and uninspiring (up to now) owner while introducing a new benefactor at the same time?

P. S. I noticed Portsmouth and Sunderland had quite a cash bonanza in the Checkatrade. Never mind, something else may turn up. 

It is not up to me or you or any other supporters to come up with a business plan for the football club. We are the customers. 

If I go to a restaurant and I receive bad service it's not upto me to then train the chef to cook, the waiter in customer service, or redecorate the the place so it looks nicer. I can however give my feedback and it's upto the restraunter what he does with it if he ignores it I don't go again.

Now let's say as much as 500 people were to protest at the owners running of the club at the Mansfield game (effectively giving their feedback) Those 500 cannot force him to change none of us can really. But if he doesn't listen to them then he potentially loses their custom if those 500 are season ticket holders paying £300 a time then that £150,000 He's throwing away at a time when he can't pay very basic overheads such as gas and travel bills. Now when I say listen to the fans I don't mean pander theirs a big difference. But if your customers are complaining and you don't listen or take any action you only have yourself to blame if your business suffers.

So in short I don't have a cunning plan to oust the owner as a supporter I don't have the financial leverage to do that none of us do. I do however 2 options 1 I can protest stamp my feet and make my feelings clear or secondly if that doesn't work I can walk away. I'd rather do neither but its rapidly becoming that binary choice for many of us.

Not sure why you are trying to drag up the old Checkatrade argument particularly if you remember rightly I said that we would be far better off going for it in the FA cup. Remind me what happened in those completions this year which one brought us the most satisfaction and financial windfall? I take it like me thoroughly enjoyed Fulham away?

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Out of interest have you joined the Trust? I think it would be ideal that someone like you gets actively involved in driving/formulating the Trust/Fans agenda forward.

I’m being careful here? Are you taking the piss? 😂

My only problem is I’m very opinionated (I know... hard to believe 😉) so I tend to tell people what they don’t want to hear and I have a severe aversion to management by committee. I do sit on a board of directors though, so do have some relevant insight. 

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m being careful here? Are you taking the piss? 😂

My only problem is I’m very opinionated (I know... hard to believe 😉) so I tend to tell people what they don’t want to hear and I have a severe aversion to management by committee. I do sit on a board of directors though, so do have some relevant insight. 

I sit on several boards of directors and like to think that when I have forthright views ,and the time to contribute voluntarily, that I do so. I would suggest that you could well be an asset to the Trust and its' positioning against the current regime running OAFC.I am not taking the piss we all need to pull together and use our skills against this clown running our club. We may all not agree at every point along the way,but there is no doubt we have a current focus on what needs to be done.

• Like 1

The way I see it this prick of a chairman doesn’t give two f*cks what the fans think, but you will always get fans renewing ST even if he plays Mo up front next season(which might happen)   it’s a bit like a couple of years ago with them spuds who got the corney appreciation tee shirts printed 🤦🏻‍♂️But at the end of day it’s the fans choice!!! As for myself and my son after being a ST holder since 1985 we  will definitely not be renewing after the silence and the big f*ck you to the trust/fans, deep down I was hoping for a positive response to the trust/fans but this clown couldn’t care less, I can see a big dip in ST sales for next hopeless campaign ☹️

9 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

I sit on several boards of directors and like to think that when I have forthright views ,and the time to contribute voluntarily, that I do so. I would suggest that you could well be an asset to the Trust and its' positioning against the current regime running OAFC.I am not taking the piss we all need to pull together and use our skills against this clown running our club. We may all not agree at every point along the way,but there is no doubt we have a current focus on what needs to be done.

Alright, Alan Sugar

• Like 2

On another thread I posted that a boycott of the game would be my preferred choice of action, but next season is probably the time when that can be organised effectively if things continue as they are.

However a protest in some clear form is a must.  If nothing memorable and specific to Marco can be thought up, then something generic like tennis balls or red cards or similar needs to be done.  I don't think we'll get a better chance of national coverage than this.

12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

On another thread I posted that a boycott of the game would be my preferred choice of action, but next season is probably the time when that can be organised effectively if things continue as they are.

However a protest in some clear form is a must.  If nothing memorable and specific to Marco can be thought up, then something generic like tennis balls or red cards or similar needs to be done.  I don't think we'll get a better chance of national coverage than this.

What basis is there for national coverage though? There's nothing clear and obvious to the outsider a la Blackpool/Coventry.

33 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It might be technically national coverage but doubt the audience figures will break any records, in a good way. 

15 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I reckon if you went for a prison visit you’d come out saying “you know what that Peter Sutcliffe is nothing like I expected. He’s actually a really nice fella and he single handedly brought prostitution levels to an all time low in Yorkshire ya know”

#fickleowl

You know they convicted the wrong man in Peter Sutcliffe don't you 😀

You may say fickle, simply, but I view it as tactical - I`m just fed up of all the in-fighting amongst fans - it's preventing us addressing the real aim.

• Like 1

I remember the emotion (and publicity) generated when the fans paid for the electronic scoreboard message, "PLEASE JOE - DON'T GO" (Joe Royle had been approached by City from memory - he stayed at us for a while longer).

Now, we have the LED perimeter advertising hoardings and some tech savvy fans I`m sure. We just need someone to put a virus into the system controlling the advertising hoardings such that "PLEASE MARCO - JUST GO" features in lights non-stop throughout the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I remember the emotion (and publicity) generated when the fans paid for the electronic scoreboard message, "PLEASE JOE - DON'T GO" (Joe Royle had been approached by City from memory - he stayed at us for a while longer).

Now, we have the LED perimeter advertising hoardings and some tech savvy fans I`m sure. We just need someone to put a virus into the system controlling the advertising hoardings such that "PLEASE MARCO - JUST GO" features in lights non-stop throughout the game.

Given it's latics and how much they pay for things I would think it is very likely one or two of the computer geeks who support latics could pull that off.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Given it's latics and how much they pay for things I would think it is very likely one or two of the computer geeks who support latics could pull that off.

Jesus wept. 🤦‍♂️