Protest 22/4/19 against Mansfield.

54 minutes ago, Clifford said:

It could be great. Not the marco shite but more random messages.

Dancing dildos in full HD would be quite the message live on sky. 

Ha. In theory, but you know those on/off switches next to the plug sockets at home...

• Like 1

I don't know what can be done, but in general protests don't seem to work. How long have Blackburn fans been protesting and got nowhere. The Oystons would still be at Blackpool if he co-owner hadn't taken them to court.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, mikeroyboy said:

You are mistaken if you think AL is unaware of our dissatisfaction. 

You are are also mistaken if you think a televised protest will address or provide a solution to our problems. 

You can’t force the guy or his backers to invest money they haven’t got. 

Nor or do you mention an alternative plan and funding. 

Who wants him to invest, as opposed to buggering off?

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Where have you seen anybody saying that’s what they want? 

It’s what everyone saw in January, even after a little Cup run and a high profile managerial appointment, an appointment unlikely to have been made out of the blue but sadly without any investment in players plan. 

How many many people showed their dissapointment in that little beauty. I’m not inclined to check it out but if you can’t remember I’ll accept your memory of it. 

AL is not behaving like any other new owner I’m aware of. Nor is it just investment. I personally don’t think he is driving the bus, he’s just the conductor. There are so many things not stacking up and one of them is buying a club on it’s arse without adiquate due diligence. Another is apparently signing players solely on his personal contacts and/or knowledge of them which have overall turned out poorly. 

Many fans for many reasons are very unhappy with AL and I can’t disagree with any of them. But forcing him out and attracting someone else sounds reckless if not not extremely unlikely. 

AL is uncommunicative and possibly answerable to someone else and I repeat: for the life of me I can’t fathom why he is here. 

I may be wrong. 

On 4/15/2019 at 4:52 PM, deyres42 said:

Personal view is that throwing stuff on pitch is puerile and not really fair on players or stewards.

If you must attend then I think it would be good to see the North Stand completely empty.

Protests cant rely on people to not do something when they have for the past 40 years or more. 

They rely on active demonstration. To drown out the apathy.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Who wants him to invest, as opposed to buggering off?

Well, the first one seems unlikely after a season and a half to get to where we are. 

The second one one would leave a hole, which under present circumstances, no one is able to fill. 

Many wished Corney to dissapear under any circumstances. That went well. 

13 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Careful mike.. you risk the wrath of the usual protagonists.

For what it's worth though, completely agree - talk about "out of the frying pan and into the fire"!

You couldn't make it up.

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I assume any protest is now cancelled now that the Trust have had their hair ruffled by Abdallah...?

Most fans tore their own hair out at the goings on at this club long ago.

That's an explanation for my baldness anyway.

16 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Well, the first one seems unlikely after a season and a half to get to where we are. 

The second one one would leave a hole, which under present circumstances, no one is able to fill. 

15 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Careful mike.. you risk the wrath of the usual protagonists.

For what it's worth though, completely agree - talk about "out of the frying pan and into the fire"!

You couldn't make it up.

You two can cut that shit out. Gets us nowhere. And had Corney still be here, I'm fairly convinced (given the amount of debts - in full view and hidden - and dates in court) we would most certainly be closing the gates for the last time after Northampton in 3 weeks time. I don't believe some of what AL comes out with but I do believe he has put a substantial amount in which had he not, we would be ahead of Bury and Bolton in the race for Liquidation. 

Alas...that isn't to say that won't happen with Abdallah. Although, currently (not sure how long for) we don't have the Tax Man chasing us. Which is usually the biggest indication of where the club sits in terms of the wolf at the door. I wouldn't surprised if he is back again shortly tho.

We actually have no idea where this is heading. I'm greatly concerned at how most are acting. From AL to the fans walking away. Protest by all means but do it from within, not silently walking away. Many did that under Corney and it doesn't help one bit. I'm not going to ask someone to put money into the club and treat us right and neglect to do the same myself.

No matter how we, as fans, have got here...we are all wanting the same thing. To be run as a professional club with reason for hope, some ambition and for fans to feel connected. The response to the Trusts letter offers nothing of the sort. A plan B is required which I trust (pun not intended) is being worked on.

• Like 3

People asking why would anyone invest in OAFC when a group of business people / fans is about to purchase the ground. 

May I suggest they may want to invest in OAFC? Just a guess like. IF IF IF that group got hold of OAFC no reason with the North Stand earning extra money we couldn't be self sustaining. 

AL is not the answer and needs chasing out IMO.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Bit of trolling by Sean Jarvis.

I can understand boycotting, but switching alliegances..urgh.

OL debate is a very tired one. It's a huge area that covers a number of places that were historically in the West Riding. 

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, singe said:

Bit of trolling by Sean Jarvis.

I can understand boycotting, but switching alliegances..urgh.

The OL postcode covers Yorkshire, and I'm not just talking about Saddleworth either. Any defectors could be from Dale too. 

My dad lived in Uppermill as a youth. Very common to go to Huddersfield one week and United the next, he did that. Odd it's risen the season they are going down but still not rare. Lets face it if your kid wanted to start watching footy and you were not arsed about a team, why would you go OAFC over Town? £250 an adult. Great value for a side you'd think would be in the top 10 of the championship next season in a decent ground.

May be my team of choice once we finally get put out of our misery. 

38 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

OL debate is a very tired one. It's a huge area that covers a number of places that were historically in the West Riding. 

Indeed. i grew up in Diggle, then Uppermill. Both OL3 5 & OL3 6 respectively..
And is likely to be 5% of a tiny proportion.

32 minutes ago, singe said:

Indeed. i grew up in Diggle, then Uppermill. Both OL3 5 & OL3 6 respectively..
And is likely to be 5% of a tiny proportion.

The OL postcode goes as far as Todmorden.  We should bulid a new ground there.  Altenatively it also includes Rochdale; we should build and share a new stadium there....

44 minutes ago, Clifford said:

My dad lived in Uppermill as a youth. Very common to go to Huddersfield one week and United the next, he did that. Odd it's risen the season they are going down but still not rare. Lets face it if your kid wanted to start watching footy and you were not arsed about a team, why would you go OAFC over Town? £250 an adult. Great value for a side you'd think would be in the top 10 of the championship next season in a decent ground.

May be my team of choice once we finally get put out of our misery. 

I grew up in Greenfield and went to football with my Dad (born and bred Oldhamer) and a neighbour who was Huddersfield through and through.  Enjoyed both but I knew where my allegiance was.

Inflatables on the pitch on 60min.  Beach balls, rings, lie lows, paddling pools, alligators, dinghy's, light aircraft.  Pitch needs to look like it's been carpet bombed by Toys'r'us …….. may not achieve anything but would be quite amusing and get lots of TV replay.  Small items easy to smuggle in, may need a ninja squad to throw larger items over the wall from outside.  Diversion tactics required to keep security occupied.  Shhhhh, keep it to yourselves, and what ever you do don't put on social media, I tried once and made a total arse of myself.  Most important don't tell my wife, she's shit at secets.

• Like 1