Protest 22/4/19 against Mansfield.

1 minute ago, joe_lead said:

Inflatables on the pitch on 60min.  Beach balls, rings, lie lows, paddling pools, alligators, dinghy's, light aircraft.  Pitch needs to look like it's been carpet bombed by Toys'r'us …….. may not achieve anything but would be quite amusing and get lots of TV replay.  Small items easy to smuggle in, may need a ninja squad to throw larger items over the wall from outside.  Diversion tactics required to keep security occupied.  Shhhhh, keep it to yourselves, and what ever you do don't put on social media, I tried once and made a total arse of myself.  Most important don't tell my wife, she's shit at secets.

Toys R Us went bust...

3 hours ago, singe said:

Bit of trolling by Sean Jarvis.

I can understand boycotting, but switching alliegances..urgh.

From 100 to 105 because a family moved from Marsden to Uppermill....  that could be how silly this tweet is. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You two can cut that shit out. Gets us nowhere. And had Corney still be here, I'm fairly convinced (given the amount of debts - in full view and hidden - and dates in court) we would most certainly be closing the gates for the last time after Northampton in 3 weeks time. I don't believe some of what AL comes out with but I do believe he has put a substantial amount in which had he not, we would be ahead of Bury and Bolton in the race for Liquidation. 

Alas...that isn't to say that won't happen with Abdallah. Although, currently (not sure how long for) we don't have the Tax Man chasing us. Which is usually the biggest indication of where the club sits in terms of the wolf at the door. I wouldn't surprised if he is back again shortly tho.

We actually have no idea where this is heading. I'm greatly concerned at how most are acting. From AL to the fans walking away. Protest by all means but do it from within, not silently walking away. Many did that under Corney and it doesn't help one bit. I'm not going to ask someone to put money into the club and treat us right and neglect to do the same myself.

No matter how we, as fans, have got here...we are all wanting the same thing. To be run as a professional club with reason for hope, some ambition and for fans to feel connected. The response to the Trusts letter offers nothing of the sort. A plan B is required which I trust (pun not intended) is being worked on.

I think you are confusing my responce to people quoting me. Which as you are aware is a personal response. 

If you read ‘my posts’ you would see that I am anti-protest and my group of five have renewed our Season Tickets this week. 

I don’t however understand how AL and maybe any, I suspect, backers have stumbled into our club so ill informed and ill equipped to start out on the front foot. 

I am judging what has happened - not what is going to happen, which of course is impossible. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, singe said:

Bit of trolling by Sean Jarvis.

I can understand boycotting, but switching alliegances..urgh.

I do know of two (from same family) very long-standing Latics fans who switched to Huddersfield - and are actually season ticket holders there. They have been for a number of years, so they won't be amongst these stats - but it does happen - how anyone can support Huddersfield after being an ardent Oldham fan is simply beyond my comprehension.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I do know of two (from same family) very long-standing Latics fans who switched to Huddersfield - and are actually season ticket holders there. They have been for a number of years, so they won't be amongst these stats - but it does happen - how anyone can support Huddersfield after being an ardent Oldham fan is simply beyond my comprehension.

You simply can’t switch teams. How is that even a thing? Fair enough if you move hundreds of miles away and just want to watch a game or your club vanishes, but actually and actively switching to another local team!? I’d argue they aren’t proper football fans... just “glory seekers”

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You simply can’t switch teams. How is that even a thing? Fair enough if you move hundreds of miles away and just want to watch a game or your club vanishes, but actually and actively switching to another local team!? I’d argue they aren’t proper football fans... just “glory seekers”

I agree, I watch plenty of local football but invest nothing more than polite applause during the game, do have 'friends' I travelled home and away with years ago following Oldham who are now season ticket holders at the Emptihad - find that just plain weird.

• Like 1

I think if the time comes to stop going to Latics I will go down the ground hopper route. I will probably watch Glossop North End the most though due to geography.

It is possible to have a 2nd team believe it or not their was a time in my younger days when I used to go watch Bolton Wanderers due to a friend having a spare season ticket, it worked out beautifully that Oldham were at Home when Bolton were away and vice versa so I effectively had 2 season tickets for 2 different clubs for 3 years.

Latics will always be my first love though. But as I love watching football at all levels. I went to the ethiad a couple of weeks ago when they played Schalke in the CL. Seeing the stadium the set up and the team you start to be worried about the future for clubs like us. Watching Sergio Aguero in flesh was a joy to behold his movement was incredible and a lesson to any aspiring striker. That said their isn't the same sense of community there that I get at Oldham or at other clubs you get. The people sat around me at Latics all seem to know each you didn't get that at City. It's abit of cliche but it felt plastic and abit manufactured.

It's something that a club like us should try and exploit really, there is an authenticity about Boundary Park that even fans of other clubs recognise.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I agree, I watch plenty of local football but invest nothing more than polite applause during the game, do have 'friends' I travelled home and away with years ago following Oldham who are now season ticket holders at the Emptihad - find that just plain weird.

They’re still your friends? 

I watched a non league team in the town I lived in down south for a few years, it was brilliant, 2 promotions, 2 cups and an FA Cup 1st round day out but I could never follow another league or conference level team

if Latics disappeared I think I’d become an England regular plus watch some non league again

My second club is Fethiyespor which is near my house in Turkey (I know - don't start!!) They are Turkish league 2 although its almost as good as some schoolboy teams.

Like us they get about 4000 per game watching - many ex Pats. 

There's no pies but you can get meatballs.

They have two main stands, the one with shade is double the price as the open stand in the sun.

There is scaffolding for the leader of the "singers" to stand to conduct them as required.

There is wire to stop the idiots invading the pitch and giving the away team a piece of their mind - or a good kicking!

3 Weeks ago we played a team from "up north" - 11 hours drive away - they brought 3 fans!

Oh and to increase the crowd for the last 4 games admission has been reduced to 1 lira (£ 0.13)|| from 10 lira.

And we think Oldham has it tough!:comeon:.

Edited by Millibob
Spelling
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, kowenicki said:

20 hours ago, latics22 said:

I’d be done if we folded! It would almost be a relief! I’d still watch football but I couldn’t change. Prob go and watch chadderton always fancied it. No way I’d change to city or Utd!

3 hours ago, Millibob said:

My second club is Fethiyespor which is near my house in Turkey (I know - don't start!!) They are Turkish league 2 although its almost as good as some schoolboy teams.

Like us they get about 4000 per game watching - many ex Pats. 

There's no pies but you can get meatballs.

They have two main stands, the one with shade is double the price as the open stand in the sun.

There is scaffolding for the leader of the "singers" to stand to conduct them as required.

There is wire to stop the idiots invading the pitch and giving the away team a piece of their mind - or a good kicking!

3 Weeks ago we played a team from "up north" - 11 hours drive away - they brought 3 fans!

Oh and to increase the crowd for the last 4 games admission has been reduced to 1 lira (£ 0.13)|| from 10 lira.

And we thing Oldham has it tough!:comeon:.

If there’s a match on when I’m abroad I’ll usually go but I don’t get groundhopping or watching other teams over here. On the rare occasions I’ve done it, whether it be non league or Premier League, I’ve always felt out of place, like I don’t belong/shouldn’t be there. 

Dont get me wrong, I’ll always lap up a bit of corporate if it’s available but, otherwise, nah.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

I wonder whether the ability for kids to “follow”’foreign teams now rather than have a soft spot for United/City/Liverpool or worse consider them a second team (or even claim to “support” both us and them) like a lot of Millennials do will change anything over the next few years.

My lad has more interest in and watches the big Champions League games, Classico’s etc way more than he does Premier League which has kept him away from the dark

side so far.... 

i intend to move to Spain one day and I imagine I’ll properly support the local team wherever it is I live but I could never support another English team if we ever went bump. 

• Like 1

Back on topic I can't help but think we have missed a trick today with Sky being around and not openly showing our dissatisfaction in the way AL is running the club. 

Granted any protest needs a coordinator and full backing from supporters which I'm not sure we have, but surely there is enough local supporters to have sorted something out and at least get the Sky pundits talking about it. 

Could have been anything really at some point during the game.... Even during HT so not to affect the players too much. 

Prob won't get such an opportunity again 😔