Protest 22/4/19 against Mansfield.

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Christ lads. We’re on a good run but this does not excuse the Chairman’s behaviour. Don’t forget it.

So what 'facts' do you know about the chairman's behaviour? I suspect most of it is hearsay or crap made up about people who have some kinda grind against the club.Sure mistakes have been made and the powers that be accept that.We are playing well at the moment and that is what matters.s

1 minute ago, alwaysblue said:

So what 'facts' do you know about the chairman's behaviour? I suspect most of it is hearsay or crap made up about people who have some kinda grind against the club.Sure mistakes have been made and the powers that be accept that.We are playing well at the moment and that is what matters.s

Myopic. You should apply to be a NED. 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

You're right, he's running the club so well. Sorry for doubting him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

Morning Chuckle

• Like 4

All it takes is for AL to come out with a positive statement regarding his intentions for next season.

Just an honest statement of where we are and where we’re heading could make all the difference.

His late answer to the trust letter was just lip service and didn’t really tell us anything.

He needs to voluntarily meet and engage with the trust ASAP.  

He is in a foreign country trying to run a football club virtually on his own, he needs to assemble an experienced U.K. based board of directors who can advise and help run things efficiently when he’s not there.

We are at a critical point as regards planning for next season. In Pete Wild we have a manager fans can relate with and as yesterday shows, a team that is finally playing for the shirt!

An extension to the ST offer would be a good start along with a rallying call to the fans.

I haven’t renewed as yet but that’s all it would take for me to change my mind.

Edited by oafc1955

41 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

If you don't want to put money into the football club then that is up to you but don't come on here acting as though you are some kind of hero because you are not.When the going get s tough the weak f*** off.Either back the club or leave it too the proper fans.

alwaysblue - you are entitled to your opinion, as others are to theirs.

I`ve been boycotting despite having paid for my season ticket, because I think there are genuine concerns. For what it's worth, I don't actually think it's going to get me/us anywhere now because our fan base is quite apathetic.

With regards to "leave it to the proper fans", I`m sure there are many of us boycotting who might be classed as proper fans. Now.... let me think..... decades of support.... trips to the south coast, Barrow on a freezing Tuesday night.... driving back from Swansea midweek in the pissing rain having had my windscreen put through by the Jacks (!)... tens of thousands of pounds spent............. bucket shaking when the chips were really down..... holidaying in the Isle of Man just to watch my team in a pre-season tournament..... please could you consider my application to be a "proper fan"  😉

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

All it takes is for AL to come out with a positive statement regarding his intentions for next season.

Just honest an statement of where we are and where we’re heading could make all the difference.

His late answer to the trust letter was just lip service and didn’t really tell us anything.

He needs to voluntarily meet and engage with the trust ASAP.  

He is in a foreign country trying to run a football club virtually on his own, he needs to assemble an experienced U.K. based board of directors who can advise and help run things efficiently when he’s not there.

We are at a critical point as regards planning for next season. In Pete Wild we have a manager fans can relate with and as yesterday shows, a team that is finally playing for the shirt!

An extension to the ST offer would be a good start along with a rallying call to the fans.

I haven’t renewed as yet but that’s all it would take for me to change my mind.

Spot on.  

Commitment early on in pre-season; secure Clarke & Maouche on contracts and get Lang back for a second season.  Surridge back too would be great.  

Engage with the Trust so we get some guarantees that off-field is improving.

Extend the ST discount for a further month or so and really engage with the fans in respect of weekly updates.

Despite the position being irrecoverable a few weeks ago, Lemsagam now has an opportunity to change fans opinion off the back of a promising end to this season 

5 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Spot on.  

Commitment early on in pre-season; secure Clarke & Maouche on contracts and get Lang back for a second season.  Surridge back too would be great.  

Engage with the Trust so we get some guarantees that off-field is improving.

Extend the ST discount for a further month or so and really engage with the fans in respect of weekly updates.

Despite the position being irrecoverable a few weeks ago, Lemsagam now has an opportunity to change fans opinion off the back of a promising end to this season 

This is what I don't get. He's losing thousands of pounds in lost ST sales yet he's doing nothing to try and change it (yet)!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

This is what I don't get. He's losing thousands of pounds in lost ST sales yet he's doing nothing to try and change it (yet)!

Spot on.

The Scholes saga publicly damaged him. The Wellens, Rhodes & Bunn saga's merely add weight to Scholes' public proclamations.

He's [AL] attempted to refute Scholes' claims.... the Trust have openly written to him..... he replied [late] and offered to meet only after the season has finished. Season ticket sales are reportedly down. He appears to be gambling everything on the long shot of promotion to solve his problems..... as opposed to addressing the governance issues raised in the Trust's letter, which could solve his problems, regardless of on-field performance.

I thought the attendance yesterday was actually not that good infact it was quite poor really when you consider it was a bank holiday, the weather was blooming marvelous, and ticket prices were vastly reduced. Not to have over 5000 home supporters must be considered disappointing.

The recent run of results have probably staved off the need for many to protest. Fans generally react to whats going on, on the pitch first and foremost so at the moment their isn't the will amongst the fanbase to form or do anykind of serious protest or boycott. however the volatility surrounding the club over the last 2 years now suggests the next shitstorm is only just around the corner.

33 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Perhaps he’s unaware of what route to take. Like I said, he needs an experienced boardroom to advise and support his ambitions.

I would like to think that Barry Owen

( being a fan ) could have some influence here. Just exactly what is his position at the club?

1 hour ago, alwaysblue said:

If you don't want to put money into the football club then that is up to you but don't come on here acting as though you are some kind of hero because you are not.When the going get s tough the weak f*** off.Either back the club or leave it too the proper fans.

😲

1 hour ago, alwaysblue said:

You seem very selective who you choose to believe.

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I thought the attendance yesterday was actually not that good infact it was quite poor really when you consider it was a bank holiday, the weather was blooming marvelous, and ticket prices were vastly reduced. Not to have over 5000 home supporters must be considered disappointing.

The recent run of results have probably staved off the need for many to protest. Fans generally react to whats going on, on the pitch first and foremost so at the moment their isn't the will amongst the fanbase to form or do anykind of serious protest or boycott. however the volatility surrounding the club over the last 2 years now suggests the next shitstorm is only just around the corner.

We had 6,782 home fans in midweek when it was free to get in v Peterborough in 2016/17

There were 8,564 in total [dunno Home?] for another midweek v Carlisle in 2010/11 when is was £2 to get in.

Edited by lookersstandandy

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Finish 9th, Clarke released and the mood will change again.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Finish 9th, Clarke released and the mood will change again.

Inevitably the mood will change at some stage, let the apologists have their day - getting all giddy cos we might finish about tenth in League 2 isn't really for me given that AL has somehow managed to fuck another season up under his stewardship. Let's hope he can keep his conk out next season but I won't hold my breath.

11 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

7,934, 630 away

👍

The official club Twitter account only joined Twitter on 22nd Feb 2011, which was exactly 1 week after this game.

Interesting to note that there were c1,200 more home fans in for a game that cost £2 vs one that was Free.

We were 7th in League One in Dickov's fist season in Feb 2011 compared to 2nd bottom v Peterborough during Shezurrection II in Jan 2017.

Just shows you what could happen with on-field success. Imagine if that was coupled with good governance?

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Inevitably the mood will change at some stage, let the apologists have their day - getting all giddy cos we might finish about tenth in League 2 isn't really for me given that AL has somehow managed to fuck another season up under his stewardship. Let's hope he can keep his conk out next season but I won't hold my breath.

Why must you constantly abuse fans that don’t ride your wave of abusive rhetoric toward the current ownership regime.  Surely we can disagree without abusing the other ‘side’.  

You don’t have the moral, or any other, high ground here. 

Not everything is as black or white as you want to make out. 

“Apologists getting giddy”.  No... fans praying we win 3 games to get a shot at the play-offs. What’s wrong with that?  I assume you want us to get to the play-offs too? 

Edited by kowenicki

3 hours ago, alwaysblue said:

😂😂😂

#anywhereintenminutes. 

You sound like a proper beefcake the way you talk. Are you massive in real life as well?