Protest 22/4/19 against Mansfield.

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s been suggested that Al wanted him dropped by Scholes if that’s true, why is wild allowed to play him ?

It was more than suggested.... Scholes practically said so in his BT Sport interview. Do you not think it would be a little more difficult - without attracting more negative attention for himself - for AL to insist on it following Scholes’ departure.... and subsequently impossible given the run we’ve been on. We’ll know where they both stand/their relationship stands after the Northampton game.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It was more than suggested.... Scholes practically said so in his BT Sport interview. Do you not think it would be a little more difficult - without attracting more negative attention for himself - for AL to insist on it following Scholes’ departure.... and subsequently impossible given the run we’ve been on. We’ll know where they both stand/their relationship stands after the Northampton game.

Can I be so bold as saying that if the last thing Peter Clarke does for us is lift the league 2 playoff trophy then it would be a fitting end to his Latics career. 

He has certainly proved his worth off the pitch this season, but I was one of those who preferred Gerrard on the pitch last season. I doubt with another season in his legs Clarke would be up to League one next season. He may struggle in League 2 as well, especially after Xmas. 

Although he's been excellent on the pitch there is a reason why opposition managers try and target him. 

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’d like someone to tell me what happened to Sohny Sefil’s loan spell at Ashton United? One assumes this is who Marco wanted to play in place of Clarke.....!?!

Sefil was a one month loan.

Not 100% sure Clarke is the player in question. Hunt is apparently not the most popular figure with the foreign brigade.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

That was weeks after, doesn’t make sense! What I can say, is what a pro Clarke is! If this is all going on behind the scenes, what a guy absolute professional!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 12:58 PM, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps he’s unaware of what route to take. Like I said, he needs an experienced boardroom to advise and support his ambitions.

I would like to think that Barry Owen

( being a fan ) could have some influence here. Just exactly what is his position at the club?

You want Barry Owen to have more influence? Lololololololololololo.

🙄.

• Like 1

If people haven't got the appetite to protest, how about a minutes applause on 26 mins for Peter Clarke in his last game on Saturday? 

I do think a sustained rendition of "You don't know what you're doing" is also required at some point. 

3 hours ago, singe said:

If people haven't got the appetite to protest, how about a minutes applause on 26 mins for Peter Clarke in his last game on Saturday? 

I do think a sustained rendition of "You don't know what you're doing" is also required at some point. 

Everyone vote for him as player of the month.

• Like 1