Cheltenham Town (A) - Match Thread

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Reckon we might see some fringe players in for this game, especially with Monday's game in mind - Average Andy, Benteke etc...

Don't say that now I've pledged on here £25 if Vera starts a game.

Edited by BP1960

57 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It'll be a back four of Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke and Iocovatti. Mauoche and Missilou holding. Lang on the right, Nepo on the left and Baxter in behind the West Ham lad, I reckon...

Good shout

if Maouche is not performing, Sylla will come on again at 55 or 60 minutes 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It'll be a back four of Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke and Iocovatti. Mauoche and Missilou holding. Lang on the right, Nepo on the left and Baxter in behind the West Ham lad, I reckon...

PW is a brave boy if he drops Branger to the bench.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Branger has been struggling with a knock. Abdallah won't want him risked tomorrow when he can put him in front of a live TV audience for Monday's game...

Now that could be embarrassing, given how some of his performances have been.

Despite his "worldy" last Saturday, I just think it's a shame the knock won't keep him out for the season.

55 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Now that could be embarrassing, given how some of his performances have been.

Despite his "worldy" last Saturday, I just think it's a shame the knock won't keep him out for the season.

Just because he has to be played sometimes doesn’t mean he’s shit. He’s alright. We’ve had far worse... 

#ComeAtMe 😐😂

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Just because he has to be played sometimes doesn’t mean he’s shit. He’s alright. We’ve had far worse... 

#ComeAtMe 😐😂

In the top 20 in the league for assists and has scored 4 goals.  Can think of plenty in recent years who wouldn't have got close to that.

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

The Johan Branger has skills. Saturdays goal and Crawley, fulham, port vale performances show that.

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

#ComeAtMe 😐😂

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

In the top 20 in the league for assists and has scored 4 goals.  Can think of plenty in recent years who wouldn't have got close to that.

Yes, he has skills, but for me he's far too inconsistent to be a regular starter. When he's not on his game, he tries to do too much, loses the ball too easily and gives possession away.

Some weeks he's a 8/10, other weeks he's a 3 or 4/10. I'd rather have someone who is a 6 or 7/10 every week. Is that too much to ask, even at this level?

Opinions, eh?

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Yes, he has skills, but for me he's far too inconsistent to be a regular starter. When he's not on his game, he tries to do too much, loses the ball too easily and gives possession away.

Some weeks he's a 8/10, other weeks he's a 3 or 4/10. I'd rather have someone who is a 6 or 7/10 every week. Is that too much to ask, even at this level?

Opinions, eh?

At this level in general, no. As a genuine winger, not a midfielder who can play, or is best, out wide, or even a converted full back, no. 

Genuine wingers at this level, who will always get 6 or 7 out of 10 as a minimum, are very much at a premium, they usually get snapped up too. 

In many ways he offers us balance too, so we can play a solid 4-4-2 with no square pegs in round holes. 

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Joe Colbeck?

Absolutely!!

Branger has done a lot of good stuff, hence the stats, but is too inconsistent to make a real difference.  Too many of the squad are and that's why we are where we are.  Add to that the turmoil behind the scenes.  The club is desperate for more consistency (and quality) from top to bottom.