Cheltenham Town (A) - Match Thread

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

At this level in general, no. As a genuine winger, not a midfielder who can play, or is best, out wide, or even a converted full back, no. 

Genuine wingers at this level, who will always get 6 or 7 out of 10 as a minimum, are very much at a premium, they usually get snapped up too. 

In many ways he offers us balance too, so we can play a solid 4-4-2 with no square pegs in round holes. 

Nepo is a quality winger best we’ve had for a while 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Does a bit too much twisting & turning ( not as much as Branger admittedly ) for me. Give the forwards an early cross consistently, a la Tricky Ricky, and they'll make a run knowing the ball is coming across first time. 

Will agree however he's the best we've currently got.

I remember when this message board was in its infancy. People were highly critical of Andy Liddell who was bagging double figure goals and 15 plus assists going into his mid thirties in league 1.

Branger is probably at the peak of his career, and in 32 league 2 games has scored 4 and got 7 assists. Yes we've had worse but like alot of the clowns foreign legion we could get a better player and at better value for money.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

He was the sort of player I was thinking of. Although I'd be more inclined to say he's a wide midfielder rather than a winger- he struggles to beat a man but his crossing is good. 

In my view Nepomuceno would start for around 90% of the sides I've seen in this division, minimum. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Nepo

Branger

15th in league 2

amazing how many people are so accepting of mediocrity.

Does the owner have the means to pay the bigger wages to secure the better players needed to improve the league position? Seems pretty unlikely.

57 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Nepo

Branger

15th in league 2

amazing how many people are so accepting of mediocrity.

Bragner and the rest apart from maybe missile! But I’m sorry nepo is a quality player! Back and forward, tackling, getting stuck in and o find it hard to believe anyone doesn’t think he’s a quality  crosser of the ball????

Will the match pass be available tomorrow? 1st time i’ve brought my works laptop home, using my work VPN and i’ve just logged in and it says the match pass is not available for this match. Just my luck that. Will that change when its the day of the game?

Doesn't appear the match is streamed for viewing on ifollow, perhaps bank holidays are treated the same as Saturdays?

EFL

Any games played outside of blocked hours (not between 14:45 – 17:15 on a Saturday) and not shown by Sky Sports will be available to watch for domestic fans.

Latics

Next match 19 Apr 2019 15:00 (UK)
Cheltenham Town v Oldham Athletic

There is not a match pass available for this match.

£10.00

Edited by BP1960

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Anyone know what time the team bus sets off ? What colour  is it ? One or two toilets ? Drivers name? Engine size ? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Photos even better. Thanks 

Sorry I’ve been busy checking that the gas mains are working and the coffee machines are fully topped up. I will get back to you about the bus!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

Is there no stream available for this game then? Never used ifollow before, and cannot figure out how to order the live game

Not for this game. If you click on the Live Match Centre on the OS, you are usually given a choice between commentary only or live streaming but for today's game you are stuck with Roy.