Club response to Trust letter

The life savings comment is a very odd (and slightly alarming) one.

Why would an individual with no affinity to the club or area, chose to invest ALL their personal wealth into a failing lower league club. That would be, quite frankly, financial suicide and certainly not one any right minded business man would make.

If he has used his life savings and we have encountered the off field financial issues we have to date, then there has to be question marks as to the ability of this individual takes us forward.

1 minute ago, ncookie9 said:

The life savings comment is a very odd (and slightly alarming) one.

Why would an individual with no affinity to the club or area, chose to invest ALL their personal wealth into a failing lower league club. That would be, quite frankly, financial suicide and certainly not one any right minded business man would make.

If he has used his life savings and we have encountered the off field financial issues we have to date, then there has to be question marks as to the ability of this individual takes us forward.

I would take that with an enormous pinch of salt

7 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yes, proper corporate speak which is ambiguous to say the least. Doesn't mean anything

Far from it.....I worry it says a lot especially given the context of 'using all life savings'', Managers coming and going. Running out of money....strip it bare, cut your losses and let the Business expire....

As I have said in previous Posts, he bought a Business - made basic errors during due diligence I would not expect from an experienced/successful Business Man.

But the whole thing doesn't make sense - why Oldham of all the Clubs/Businesses in the UK he could have invested in...smells

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

My view is that he wants out and is looking to cut costs to the bone before finding some other poor sap to take it on.

Aslong as its not a long drawn out affair and the sale is fine quickly to someone with the right intentions and with someone with any kind of coherent plan for the football club then so be it.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think you should choose your words more carefully, sunshine. Just because you disagree with someone's actions or their perception of a situation, you have no right to be abusive.

Show a little respect, there's a good lad.

Agreed I feel frustrated that their isn't more appetite for somekind of protest against the owner, however I think you need to respect the differences of opinions here KIG.

2 minutes ago, OAFC1958 South said:

Far from it.....I worry it says a lot especially given the context of 'using all life savings'', Managers coming and going. Running out of money....strip it bare, cut your losses and let the Business expire....

As I have said in previous Posts, he bought a Business - made basic errors during due diligence I would not expect from an experienced/successful Business Man.

But the whole thing doesn't make sense - why Oldham of all the Clubs/Businesses in the UK he could have invested in...smells

Perhaps that's what lies behind the words, who knows, and that's my point

That response is nothing more than lip service in an attempt to placate the Trust. And it fails. Miserably. 

There is no doubt whatsoever that he has great difficulty separating truth from fiction. Life savings, my arse. Would anyone in their right mind blow every penny they had with no way to recoup it? 

Never interfered? Pull the other one, Abdallah. We all know that's not true. Want to work with the fans? Bloody funny way of showing it. 

Nothing has changed. He is turning the club into a toxic environment that no right minded individual would want to join unless absolutely desperate.

Simply message to Abdallah. Find someone reputable (if there is anyone in your circle of associates), sell them the club and then ride off into the sunset. As soon as possible.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OAFC1958 South said:

Strip it bare of what?

26 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I think you should choose your words more carefully, sunshine. Just because you disagree with someone's actions or their perception of a situation, you have no right to be abusive.

Show a little respect, there's a good lad.

I’m a fan of your posts but I don’t see how mine was abusive. Maybe provoking but I stand by it.

The letter is vague on how he intends to improve the relationship with fans, how he intends to improve the club.

He mentions about bringing people in onto the board but there’s no mention of The Trust getting a position despite it being required.

If you tell a manager not to play someone as seems the case with Clarke or ban someone from playing like what happened with Fane at the end of last season then you are interfering with team selection.

There is nothing in this letter that shows how he’s going to change things which would have been a start. Without that I cannot change my view that he is unfit to own this club. 

6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Can the trust reveal the full letter please? 

I think you know they can't at the moment, I am disappointed at the clowns response, but I think we should let the trust run with this one. 

As for me it saddens me to say that I will not be spending anymore money at BP until something drastic changes. 

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Strip it bare of what?

Our best players - turn us into a feeder team for some French League sides to make profit maybe - meanwhile we become uncompetitive with greater debt and watch the business fold.

Hope I am wrong and this is all about setting the Club up for sale … but we need a Plan from the Trust me thinks.. pdq

1 hour ago, losesome said:

Most people wanted Corney out and look what we got, now most want AL out !!!!!!!!

Alternatives on a postcard please.

I'd say the good news for anyone wanting to come in to the football club is that those 2 have set the bar pretty low.

Anyone who can make payroll, keep the club out of court, while improving the worst squad in quality in anyone under 50's lifetime will be considered a hero.

I watched a documentary about Chester City on YouTube last night (rock and roll innit). It's called 'An American dream' and well worth a watch. It's from their '99 relegation season and there are similarities in the apparent egomaniacal of their then owner and ours. Scary.