Club response to Trust letter

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Thanks Andy.

As it was an "open letter" from the fans (via the Trust) that was sent to AL, it's strange that it's not an "open letter" in reply.

Is it AL who has specifically requested that the full reply is not published please or was that a Trust decision?

13 hours ago, Andy b said:

Hi WO,

I take your point but the letter is addressed to the Trust and whilst not marked P&C I and other Trust Directors have taken the view that the letter should not be placed in the public domain without the sender’s express authorisation. We will seek this.

The salient points of relevance are outlined.

Thanks 

It would appear I`ve inadvertently opened a can of worms here - sorry to Andy b. My original question was a quite innocent one before I

Don't know what happened there! (typo above).

Apologies to Andy b as it appears my original question has opened a can of worms. I posted it (and saw Andy's answer) before dashing off somewhere (and I don't have a smartphone so only just seen the subsequent comments).

I am quite happy with Andy b's reply - I`ve met him personally and he's a very level headed and committed fella. I know we all feel passionate about Latics, and messages on these boards can be miscontrued, but I`m sure the vast majority all have the same ultimate goal.

Keep up the good work Andy b !

58 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Your thoughts on his appointment?

On Mohamed Lemsagam's appointment as Sporting Director? .....from what I hear, he's close to completing his coaching badges and could very well end up being Head Coach before too long.

To be fair, I know none of his other relevant life experience / qualifications to pass much judgement on him. Merely a loose rumour - that I've largely disregarded - that he was a failed former footballer - possibly in Germany - himself?

In a role as Sporting Director, one assumes he has a big say in who we sign. I've discussed on here plenty of times previously that I think the Lemsagam brother's forays into the foreign player market have been less successful than domestic recruitment over the same time series. Missilou and Gevaro apart, to date I don't think any of them have cut it. In this regard, the Sporting Director and his brother are failing.

Having said that, I have less of an issue with him being appointed Sporting Director in the first place. If this is a model the owner wishes to pursue - whether I like it or not - that's his right as 97% shareholder of the limited company. They'll be judged by the on field success in that regard.

What I do take issue with however, is the insistence they don't try to interfere in team selection when they patently do.... and they are not only lying to us about it, but also the Manager's/Head Coaches that they recruit. That they reportedly pay some of their dross signings well above what we pay our domestic players. That there is suspicion they are signing players that somehow benefit their former Agency - owned by the 3rd brother, Omar. Take Urko Vera as an example. How on earth did he get signed, and on the money he is reportedly on? It smells.

Then there is the rumour that appears to have more grounds, that the youth set up is to be disbanded and replaced by a reserve team made up primarily of foreign imports. Makes me go cold.

....but all of this is less of a concern to me than whether we are going to be able to meet the next Tax bill. The obvious growing list of creditors. The 'poisonous' - to quote Scholes - environment in which the club's employees work. Unpaid Pensions. Because of unpaid rent, the very real chance we could become homeless if the Fan Led Group fail to purchase the land from Blitz/Gazal - because Marco & his brother most certainly can't. Reports that we were the only EFL club not to have a representative at a recent meeting. The lack of a clear vision/Plan that we can all unite behind. The general poor governance of the club.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 7

Marco's response says a lot, in a way...

It confirms to me that he hasn't a clue what he's doing, is a spoofer, and a liar.

He talks a lot but says nothing of substance. Anyone who'd be reassured by his meaningless ramblings would need their heads examined.

If there was any genuine hope for us under his ownership, he'd have let us know about it by now.

He's a scourge - and I'll be happy the day he's gone regardless of where that leaves the club. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Can someone enlighten me, why/how has he acquired the name Marco?

Your kids keeping you busy Stevie.....?..... this article.....

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Abdallah-lemsagam-une-ombre-tempetueuse-entre-nantes-et-oldham/1005358

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Your kids keeping you busy Stevie.....?..... this article.....

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Abdallah-lemsagam-une-ombre-tempetueuse-entre-nantes-et-oldham/1005358

They always do but it's more the fact that I can't really be arsed getting too involved in anything Latics at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevie_J said:

They always do but it's more the fact that I can't really be arsed getting too involved in anything Latics at the moment.

.....it's sage advice.... I'm looking forward to the cricket season for this very reason.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

On Mohamed Lemsagam's appointment as Sporting Director? .....from what I hear, he's close to completing his coaching badges and could very well end up being Head Coach before too long.

To be fair, I know none of his other relevant life experience / qualifications to pass much judgement on him. Merely a loose rumour - that I've largely disregarded - that he was a failed former footballer - possibly in Germany - himself?

In a role as Sporting Director, one assumes he has a big say in who we sign. I've discussed on here plenty of times previously that I think the Lemsagam brother's forays into the foreign player market have been less successful than domestic recruitment over the same time series. Missilou and Gevaro apart, to date I don't think any of them have cut it. In this regard, the Sporting Director and his brother are failing.

Having said that, I have less of an issue with him being appointed Sporting Director in the first place. If this is a model the owner wishes to pursue - whether I like it or not - that's his right as 97% shareholder of the limited company. They'll be judged by the on field success in that regard.

What I do take issue with however, is the insistence they don't try to interfere in team selection when they patently do.... and they are not only lying to us about it, but also the Manager's/Head Coaches that they recruit. That they reportedly pay some of their dross signings well above what we pay our domestic players. That there is suspicion they are signing players that somehow benefit their former Agency - owned by the 3rd brother, Omar. Take Urko Vera as an example. How on earth did he get signed, and on the money he is reportedly on? It smells.

Then there is the rumour that appears to have more grounds, that the youth set up is to be disbanded and replaced by a reserve team made up primarily of foreign imports. Makes me go cold.

....but all of this is less of a concern to me than whether we are going to be able to meet the next Tax bill. The obvious growing list of creditors. The 'poisonous' - to quote Scholes - environment in which the club's employees work. Unpaid Pensions. Because of unpaid rent, the very real chance we could become homeless if the Fan Led Group fail to purchase the land from Blitz/Gazal - because Marco & his brother most certainly can't. Reports that we were the only EFL club not to have a representative at a recent meeting. The general poor governance of the club.

You bring up a lot of good points.

The one area I am unsure about is the youth setup.

I don't recall it being a financial success for a few years but having said that was more to do with Corney taking any offer that landed on his desk which included a near useless sell on clause. I would like to think that AL with his past agent experience would drive a harder bargain than his predecessor should someone come in with an offer for Hamer or Edmundson.

I'm guessing Premiership clubs trawl the junior leagues and clubs like ours for talent to join their massive academies which leaves us with enthusiastic kids who may or may not be a late bloomer.

Should we go down the route of looking at academy cast-offs before they get on a decent wedge...….Gradi and Crewe did that successfully for many years and could work with the right coaching staff which, in itself, is another problem.

The downside of shutting our academy down would be another link to the community severed,

3 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You bring up a lot of good points.

The one area I am unsure about is the youth setup.

I don't recall it being a financial success for a few years but having said that was more to do with Corney taking any offer that landed on his desk which included a near useless sell on clause. I would like to think that AL with his past agent experience would drive a harder bargain than his predecessor should someone come in with an offer for Hamer or Edmundson.

I'm guessing Premiership clubs trawl the junior leagues and clubs like ours for talent to join their massive academies which leaves us with enthusiastic kids who may or may not be a late bloomer.

Should we go down the route of looking at academy cast-offs before they get on a decent wedge...….Gradi and Crewe did that successfully for many years and could work with the right coaching staff which, in itself, is another problem.

The downside of shutting our academy down would be another link to the community severed,

I believe Huddersfield disbanded many of their age groups/youth teams a year or two ago for similar reasons to the ones you muse about above.

If it was part of a - dare I say it - a Plan or Strategy, to do as you describe and pick up all the Premier League Academy cast offs, then - regardless of whether I like it or not - I could at least understand it.

However, if it's a vehicle to have a team full of Urko Vera's..... then they can fook right off.

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I believe Huddersfield disbanded many of their age groups/youth teams a year or two ago for similar reasons to the ones you muse about above.

If it was part of a - dare I say it - a Plan or Strategy, to do as you describe and pick up all the Premier League Academy cast offs, then - regardless of whether I like it or not - I could at least understand it.

However, if it's a vehicle to have a team full of Urko Vera's..... then they can fook right off.

If it's an opportunity to bring in late teen talent rather players at the end of their career then it's a "guarded" consideration. The only problem I can see is that of work permits. If free movement ends with Brexit then we may not be able to tap into the French market. 

We've struggled in the distant past when obscure internationals have rocked up for trials as per Keith Gumbs of St. Kitts. 

I've never quite worked out how big clubs circumvent the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Do people actually believe this clown has spent his life savings on £11k a week of Queensy or the wages on the lesser spotted Vera?

I'd imagine the OAFC credit faciailities is taking more of a pounding than AL's current account

I dont

10 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Do people actually believe this clown has spent his life savings on £11k a week of Queensy or the wages on the lesser spotted Vera?

I'd imagine the OAFC credit faciailities is taking more of a pounding than AL's current account

Our credit rating is abysmal (I've seen it). Knowone would do any work for us on things such as a new pitch unless they were paid upfront.

10 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Nope.

Given everyone else signed, if Menig was being paid by him anywhere near the 11k a week, then that was literally his savings gone on one player. He's an agent, no one could be that niave and Nantes would be signing Abdallah's praises!!!

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Be worth googling Belgium football scandal. Clearly not related to our owner and his agent connections for any lawyers reading this.

I think they were alleged to have over paid players and creamed it back off. Makes you think.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Our credit rating is abysmal (I've seen it). Knowone would do any work for us on things such as a new pitch unless they were paid upfront.

Gas company, pensions, tax, coach company, coffee machines (random I know), pay offs from all sackings, rent..............

Won't be coming out of his current account by standing order will it? All will be monies owed by Oldham Athletic if owed. The FA cup money must have saved us, for now.

Corney found someone to loan OAFC money, no reason to think that same company or similar wouldn't do it again. The accounts, if they come out, will tell the tale.

No way he spent his personal wealth on that centre half we signed and then loaned to Ashton United the very next day. 

Edited by Clifford

Just now, Clifford said:

Gas company, pensions, tax, coach company, coffee machines (random I know), pay offs from all sackings..............

Won't be coming out of his current account by standing order will it? All will be monies owed by Oldham Athletic if owed. The FA cup money must have saved us, for now.

Corney found someone to loan OAFC money, no reason to think that same company or similar wouldn't do it again. The accounts, if they come out, will tell the tale.

No way he spent his personal wealth on that centre half we signed and then loaned to Ashton United the very next day. 

Oh absolutely I'm not disputing that. My point is i think we are in alot more trouble than some people realise and I don't think it will be long before we hear about players being paid late again and winding up petitions.

14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Be worth googling Belgium football scandal......

Interesting....

"The year-long inquiry focussed on suspect financial operations by sports agents on transfers, including tax evasion, money laundering and private corruption. It was only during the inquiry that investigators said they also found indications of match-fixing during last season’s relegation battle."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/10/belgian-football-clubs-raided-fraud-match-fixing-inquiry

2 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

This further enforces many views on the incompetence around the EFLs Fit and Proper Test.How can a man who passed that test drain his life savings in 18 months ? 

What does AL do for a living now he's not an agent?