15 hours ago, Fyldelatic said:

Just in case: Play-off dates

Semi-final 1st leg: Either Thursday 9th May 7.45 pm (A) or Friday 10th May 7.45 pm (B). Whether the tie is A or B is determined after consultation with police.

Semi-final 2nd leg: Either Sunday 12th May 6 pm (A) or Monday 13th May 7.45 pm (B).

Final: Saturday 25th May 3 pm.

I've bought tickets for the Warrington Weekender festival the weekend of the final. George Ezra or the tics at Wembley 🤔.

Sorry George , no contest. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, losesome said:

If its just staffing levels then surely that would be easy to increase for a big cup match! !

9528 more than enough for league 2.

But if it was done as cost saving, why not announce it, even give it as an example as part of the "Plan".

14 minutes ago, singe said:

But if it was done as cost saving, why not announce it, even give it as an example as part of the "Plan".

Makes you look a bit tin pot, they have enough difficulties in that department without adding to the fire.

I am told (again, may or may not be right) that it’s because he has paid no attention to ground safety and health and safety as he didn’t pay the last lad doing it. So the council summoned him to a meeting and he was forced to put a plan in place and is paying someone to qualify to and become ground manager. All his own doing...

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

This will help the ‘boycott’... 

Seriously, if it’s part of the cost cutting then it’s a sensible thing to do isn’t it?  Why pay for staff you simply don’t need.

It wouldn't be sensible to pay staff we dont need you are right and we aint selling out Boundary park anytime soon so this cost cutting is actually understandable.

However when you go and offer Jonathan Benteke a new contract you are then spectacularly shooting yourself in the foot.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

It wouldn't be sensible to pay staff we dont need you are right and we ait selling out Boundary park anytime soon so this cost cutting is actually understandable.

However when you go and offer Jonathan Benteke a new contract you are then spectacularly shooting yourself in the foot.

Controversial view coming. I actually think there is a player there in Benteke. There was a match in the checkatrade (I know) where he played on the wing and looked a threat. And another match he came on as sub striker, hit the post. Where again I thought he was a threat. 

Obviously there is something amiss as he doesn’t get picked even when we’re short on options. I’m not saying he should have been offered a deal but maybe he’s not a total dead duck ? Will he even want to sign it anyway ? 

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Controversial view coming. I actually think there is a player there in Benteke. There was a match in the checkatrade (I know) where he played on the wing and looked a threat. And another match he came on as sub striker, hit the post. Where again I thought he was a threat. 

Obviously there is something amiss as he doesn’t get picked even when we’re short on options. I’m not saying he should have been offered a deal but maybe he’s not a total dead duck ? Will he even want to sign it anyway ? 

Maybe he is paid peanuts. As his brother used to play 'locally' he may not need accommodation expenses too. 

I think he has struggled with niggly injuries too. So he might not have been available when we were short, but he isn't good enough to force Surridge +/- Lang out of the side. 

Offering him a new deal still seems strange despite the above. 

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He's 24 and has done nothing of note, even at this level.  It doesn't look too promising.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I'd say if money is so tight, we shouldn't be taking such risks.

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If the aim is to get promoted within 3 years (the owners very own words) Then we need to stop signing players who we describe as "can do a job" or is "ok" or "there is a player in there somewhere" The standard needs to be raised in recruitment.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2