2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: GK, Strikers & Loanees

2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to Sign: GK, Loanees & Strikers  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Iversen

• Try to Sign -He's done well.
    • Let return to parent club -Dont rate him.
  2. 2. Zues de la Paz

3. 3. Alex Iacovitti

• Try to sign
    • Let return to parent club
  4. 4. Zak Dearnley

• Try to sign
  5. 5. Oladapo Afolayan

• Try to sign
  6. 6. Callum Lang

• Try to sign -rate him.
    • Let return to parent club -don't rate him
  7. 7. Chris O'Grady

8. 8. Urko Vera

9. 9. Jonathan Benteke

Now we know hat division we are in lets do the annual see who we would keep.

A few assumptions.

1) AL has no significiant funds.

2)  Loanees like Daniel Iversen we are unlikely to be able to afford, and probably wouldn't re-sign for us, but the sign or release is based on performance not likelihood.  Can I  ask you not to put let return to parent club just because you think we can't afford them, that is a given. This poll is to address performanace for us, not likelihood of signing.

3) I've left Youths out, as most we won't have seen enough to make a judgment and we'd likely all vote to keep to see how they develop.

4) Limit of 10 options, so I've grouped slightly oddly to mninmise number of posts.

Edit

5) Assume we can only afford a broadly similar player (and the chance you take in that) rather than asssume we  can get a miles better player.

2018 ratings:

Zeus la Paz.   76% wanted to sell.

Peter Clarke.  57% wanted to keep.

Tom Hamer.  97% wanted to keep.

Rob Hunt.      78% wanted to keep.

George Edmundson. 99% wanted to keep.

Jamie Stott. 73% wanted to keep

Jonathan Beneteke. 88% wanted to release.

Gevaro Nepomuceno 70% wanted to keep by taking up option

Edited by singe

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Let return to parent club for Iverson & Lang, means we have no choice for me. We ain’t signing either of them.

That's why I stipulated " but the sign or release is based on performance not likelihood " because it's to guage how good we think they have been not the likelihood. If we did how likely are they to sign it would be 0%.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, daniel said:

4 Latics fans would give O’Grady a new contract. Please god no.

Harsh. He’s never a lone forward (don’t get why he’s still played like this in some games) but he’s been a consistently good performer in a front 2 imo barring a few stinkers. I would personally keep as a rotation option as we could do a lot worse based on some of the donkeys we’ve lined up against this season.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Iacovitti is never a left-back. Controversial I know but I really don’t ‘get’ it with him...

He’s truly dreadful at left back. He doesn’t get forward, he’s always beaten by his man. I’m convinced he’s a centre half surely ?

• Like 2

To lose someone like Clarke would be a huge blow....he may be getting past his sell by date but he has to be close to being player of the season for me.

As a motivator, mentor, and captain there is no one better!!

He could easily play another season at our level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

To lose someone like Clarke would be a huge blow....he may be getting past his sell by date but he has to be close to being player of the season for me.

As a motivator, mentor, and captain there is no one better!!

He could easily play another season at our level.

Agree, he'd still be a huge asset if he played half the games and did coaching the team. I'm sure LS has said he's crossed swords with Marco though, and we know what that means..

• Like 1

His sword crossing was probably fully justified but if he’s unhappy here as I think most players are who can blame him!

I know Wild has said definitely wants him next season if he gets the job full time so we’ll see.