2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: Defenders

2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: Defenders  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Andy Taylor

2. 2. George Edmundson (Contract till 2020)

• Keep -rate him.
    • Sell -don't rate him.
  3. 3. Sonhy Sefil (Contract till 2020)

4. 4. Jamie Stott (Contract till 2020)

5. 5. Rob Hunt (Contract till 2020)

6. 6. Peter Clarke

7. 7. Tom Hamer (Contract till 2020)

Am I alone in thinking that our defence would be fine if Iacovitti were to sign? Replace Iversen, replace Branger and get 2 forwards who are actually good. We were very nearly good enough this season (shockingly) so no need to replace the team wholesale. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

Am I alone in thinking that our defence would be fine if Iacovitti were to sign? Replace Iversen, replace Branger and get 2 forwards who are actually good. We were very nearly good enough this season (shockingly) so no need to replace the team wholesale. 

Bit of a radical idea for this forum.....no wholesale changes ??

p.s. Where are all the Sylla bashers now they've actually seen him play ?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jimbooth said:

I’m not so sure that the league can possibly be as poor next season ? Surely not ? I get the feeling we missed our chance. And I mean auto not playoffs. 

Lets say say the league will be as crap, then I think 5 good players get you out of it. 

Ps: to the posters debating if we are a step up from Macclesfield. In my eyes (regardless of league position) we are still a step up from Burton tinpot fucking Albion.

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tell me one thing Hunt has done to deserve a new contract. One excellent performance. Anything 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-reportedly-eyeing-oldham-1610610

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/29/do-reports-suggest-leeds-united-are-plotting-move-for-oldhams-ro/

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Doesn't answer my question. Plus, why is he still here then?

He played 47 games for us as League One club as a 21-22yo boy. He didn’t look at all out of place. He looked very assured. Solid defensively and reasonable going forward. As a result he was linked with championship clubs, who - like some of us - could clearly see the potential.

This season, he started off ok, but was dropped after the 4-1 away win at Port Vale, missed Fulham and only got back in the side when’s Scholes arrived, his form in tatters? Why? Because he’s not good enough? Nah. Because he’s a 23yo boy who’s lost his way with the circus ownership of our club. Banished to train with the kids because Marco fell out with him over his agent trying to get him out / Lincoln reportedly interested. He needs an arm round him from a manager that believes in him and the owner to keep his fkin beak out.

Perversely, I think it would better for him if he leaves. When he’s playing above us in the football league pyramid. Like Eardley, Matt Smith, Kieran Lee, I’ll remind you of this little exchange.

• Like 7

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

He played 47 games for us as League One club as a 21-22yo boy. He didn’t look at all out of place. He looked very assured. Solid defensively and reasonable going forward. As a result he was linked with championship clubs, who - like some of us - could clearly see the potential.

This season, he started off ok, but was dropped after the 4-1 away win at Port Vale, missed Fulham and only got back in the side when’s Scholes arrived, his form in tatters? Why? Because he’s not good enough? Nah. Because he’s a 23yo boy who’s lost his way with the circus ownership of our club. Banished to train with the kids because Marco fell out with him over his agent trying to get him out / Lincoln reportedly interested. He needs an arm round him from a manager that believes in him and the owner to keep his fkin beak out.

Perversely, I think it would better for him if he leaves. When he’s playing above us in the football league pyramid. Like Eardley, Matt Smith, Kieran Lee, I’ll remind you of this little exchange.

Downvote 

21-22 is a man not a boy ffs 😳

22 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Never shown anything going forward and not even average defensively. Nepo better in both respects.

Not good enough

11 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But he's been poor there as well

....in this last 6 months, yes. Prior to that, no....

....if we cash in on Edmundson (which I think inevitable - and he’s been far from perfect too, gives the ball away too often - but then he’s a young boy as well)....

....A back 4 of Hunt-Hamer (he’ll make a centre half one day - great in the air)-Clarke-Iacovitti/Nepo (although I prefer him further forward) would do for me.

Sadly, I expect Clarke to be released & Sefil to be forced in.... and Hamer could be sold as well. Hope I’m wrong.

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There is more chance of me playing for us next season than there is of Rob Hunt playing for us...

The problem with this and Clarke is AL is still interfering if true. The worst part is the two reasons given are, Hunt agent was touting him about! AL is a ex agent and should know that’s normal, plus if he is worth something and we’re going to get rid anyway, why not cash in? As for Clarke he upset one of the foreign lot? One it’s his job to speak up, two what the fuck does it matter ? Are they little girls that need Mr chairman to fight their corner? You couldn’t make this shit up 

38 minutes ago, latics22 said:

The problem with this and Clarke is AL is still interfering if true. The worst part is the two reasons given are, Hunt agent was touting him about! AL is a ex agent and should know that’s normal, plus if he is worth something and we’re going to get rid anyway, why not cash in? As for Clarke he upset one of the foreign lot? One it’s his job to speak up, two what the fuck does it matter ? Are they little girls that need Mr chairman to fight their corner? You couldn’t make this shit up 

I doubt that, unless it is someone specific being an arse who happens to be foreign becasue PW has speone about how Peter Clarke has been instrumental in settling the foreign players in.

11 minutes ago, singe said:

I doubt that, unless it is someone specific being an arse who happens to be foreign becasue PW has speone about how Peter Clarke has been instrumental in settling the foreign players in.

singe.... watch Part Two of Scholes' BT Sport interview below.... Scholes says, Clarke had a go a Missilou [after Stevenage], someone [unnamed] grassed him up to Marco, Marco told Scholes to leave Peter Clarke out..... unless you're calling  Scholes a liar, it's unequivocal.

Edited by lookersstandandy

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

singe.... watch Part Two of Scholes' BT Sport interview below.... Scholes says, Clarke had a go a Missilou [after Stevenage], someone [unnamed] grassed him up to Marco, Marco told Scholes to leave Peter Clarke out..... unless you're calling  Scholes a liar, it's unequivocal.

Well that  falls directly into " someone specific being an arse who happens to be foreign " Only being more than an arse, obviously.
Not sure that is so common knowledge, and would the number of wanting to keep Missilou be so high if more people knew he was a grass and Andy Capp & Marco's little play thing.