2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: Defenders

2019 Sell, Release, Keep or Try to sign: Defenders  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Andy Taylor

2. 2. George Edmundson (Contract till 2020)

• Keep -rate him.
    • Sell -don't rate him.
  3. 3. Sonhy Sefil (Contract till 2020)

4. 4. Jamie Stott (Contract till 2020)

5. 5. Rob Hunt (Contract till 2020)

6. 6. Peter Clarke

7. 7. Tom Hamer (Contract till 2020)

31 minutes ago, singe said:

Well that  falls directly into " someone specific being an arse who happens to be foreign " Only being more than an arse, obviously.
Not sure that is so common knowledge, and would the number of wanting to keep Missilou be so high if more people knew he was a grass and Andy Capp & Marco's little play thing.

Probably me being thick but who’s the coach that was referred to ? 

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Clarke and Lemmy had a fallout at a photoshoot few months ago, relations not been great since.

His wage is a big barrier also.

Photoshoot? sound like a couple of models.

We will really miss Clarke next season, but I doubt very much at his age any excessive wage demands will be met by other clubs

35 minutes ago, singe said:

Well that  falls directly into " someone specific being an arse who happens to be foreign " Only being more than an arse, obviously.
Not sure that is so common knowledge, and would the number of wanting to keep Missilou be so high if more people knew he was a grass and Andy Capp & Marco's little play thing.

Scholes says missilou was the one shouted at, maybe some other little girl told on Clarke. Missilou may have took it like a man ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The coach can only be Pete Wild, Chris Millington or Steve Hale......

Or Mick Priest.

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Scholes says missilou was the one shouted at, maybe some other little girl told on Clarke. Missilou may have took it like a man ?

Or he didn't, and he did go running to AL. There's something that's true in the middle of all that lot.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Or Mick Priest.

Or he didn't, and he did go running to AL. There's something that's true in the middle of all that lot.

Have this lot played pro football (scrap that) have they played football. It’s a emotional game, people say things in the heat of the moment. It’s ridiculous if anyone has gone running to Al and even more so if he got involved !

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Why?

I was under the impression that PW and Clarke had a very good working relationship?

Pure guesswork on mine and most peoples part but I thought the captain/manager dynamic with those two was driving the rest of the squad

9 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I was under the impression that PW and Clarke had a very good working relationship?

Yep..... so it could be that Marco was wispering in Scholes' ear to be careful of Pete Wild's relationship with Peter Clarke.....!?!

If true, imagine how duplicitous and insidious this would present Marco as being....?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can we stop calling him Marco? All a bit too 'Boris' for my liking.

I got the impression it's the opposite according to the article, of being far from a term of endearent. Happy to change if I got it wrong.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

Good question.

We don't (didn't) have that many do we. Mick Priest or Steve Hale. Mick Priest?

It can't be Priest can it? Scholes brought him in. Marco wouldn't be telling Scholes to watch out for someone he knows nothing about.... unless he thinks he's mystic meg? [which I guess we can't entirely rule out].

It could be Steve Hale..... but then, Steve Hale should be close to Iverson and Zeus..... and one assumes the GK's are less likely to be causing Marco's ego any harm.

So, it's more likely to be another coach.....  take your pick between Pete Wild and Chris Millington?!?

Either way, it's insidious. If it's Pete Wild, it's insidious and duplicitous.

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It can't be Priest can it? Scholes brought him in. Marco wouldn't be telling Scholes to watch out for someone he knows nothing about.... unless he thinks he's mystic meg? [which I guess we can't entirely rule out].

It could be Steve Hale..... but then, Steve Hale should be close to Iverson and Zeus..... and one assumes the GK's are less likely to be causing Marco's ego any harm.

So, it's more likely to be another coach.....  take your pick between Pete Wild and Chris Millington?!?

Either way, it's insidious. If it's Pete Wild, it's insidious and duplicitous.

Ah yes my logic went out the window for a minute then.

Marco seems to have this thing that naive and new managers have wherre they expect to be respcted because of their  postion or staus, a bit like Trump too, not what they have earned over time.

Edited by singe
  • Like 1

Can’t gelieve we’re all still going on about this whinge session by an ex manager who was a real wimp and lost us the chance of the play offs. He sounds pathetic to listen to as he admits himself when he mentioned the things that Morecambe’ manager deals with. Also what happened to the what happens in desiring room stays in the dressing room? He was dumping big time on Missilou, Clarke and the owner on Sky of all places! None of the other pundits had the nous to tell him welcome to the real world of lower league and amateur football. 

Compare this with PW, who has to live in the real world. COYB!

16 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Can’t gelieve we’re all still going on about this whinge session by an ex manager who was a real wimp and lost us the chance of the play offs. He sounds pathetic to listen to as he admits himself when he mentioned the things that Morecambe’ manager deals with. Also what happened to the what happens in desiring room stays in the dressing room? He was dumping big time on Missilou, Clarke and the owner on Sky of all places! None of the other pundits had the nous to tell him welcome to the real world of lower league and amateur football. 

Compare this with PW, who has to live in the real world. COYB!

Oh dear.