1. 1. Dan Gardner

2. 2. Giles Coke (Contract till 2020)

3. 3. Jose Baxter Option to extend almost certain in our favour

4. 4. Christopher Missilou

5. 5. Johan Branger-Engone

6. 6. Gevaro Nepomuceno

7. 7. Mohamed Maouche

8. 8. Mohamad Sylla

Now we know hat division we are in lets do the annual see who we would keep.

A few assumptions.

1) AL has no significiant funds.

2)  Loanees like Daniel Iversen we are unlikely to be able to afford, and probably wouldn't re-sign for us, but the sign or release is based on performance not likelihood

3) I've left Youths out, as most we won't have seen enough to make a judgment and we'd likely all vote to keep to see how they develop.

4) Limit of 10 options, so I've grouped slightly oddly to mninmise number of posts.

Edit

5) Most contracts are ending in 2019, so a new contact might be on reduced terms, or better terms, the answer to keep the answer is simply whether they are worthy of keeping.

6) Assume we would be getting a broadly similar calibre of player if we release, and the chance you take on that,  rather than money to get a much better player.

2018 ratings:

Zeus la Paz.   76% wanted to sell.

Peter Clarke.  57% wanted to keep.

Tom Hamer.  97% wanted to keep.

Rob Hunt.      78% wanted to keep.

George Edmundson. 99% wanted to keep.

Jamie Stott. 73% wanted to keep

Jonathan Beneteke. 88% wanted to release.

Gevaro Nepomuceno 70% wanted to keep by taking up option

Edited by singe

Gardner and Branger are the ones that appear to divide opinion. Ive gone with keeping Gardner and releasing Branger.

Id keep Maouche just aslong as hes on no more than a third of his reported £4k per week. I doubt we will get too many offers for him certainly not from anyone who has done some serious research on him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

You think Maouche’s performances for a mid table division 4 side will mean he’s in demand?

Bigger sides buy players from lower than we're at, he'll be snapped up on that Mansfield performance alone 

30 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Bigger sides buy players from lower than we're at, he'll be snapped up on that Mansfield performance alone 

Yes but they tend to be players like Iverson, Edmondson and Lang who have potential to get better.

Maouche is 26 he's at his peak and he is an ok league 2 midfielder he isnt likely to get much better than that. Id be happy for him to stay but I wouldn't fight too hard to keep him same with Missilou and Nepo. 

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if people from League 1 were looking at Maouche, Nepo and Missile

44 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

They'd be mad not to 

Nepo, possibly. I’d like to keep him.

Missile, unlikely. I’d like to keep him.

Maouche, definitely not. Get rid.

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nepo, possibly. I’d like to keep him.

Missile, unlikely. I’d like to keep him.

Maouche, definitely not. Get rid.

Now I see a place for all three.

But Maouche needs BOTH the Missile and Scylla  behind him as he has a problem knowing when to carry or when to hoof the ball. Outside the opposition box, I think he's quality. Would he get in ahead of a fully fit Baxter...highly unlikely but the fitness of Baxter is a separate issue and an argument of it's own.

24 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Gardner is a better player than Maouche.

John Sheridan, Richie Wellens, and Frankie Bunn all agree with me.

One is managing non-league these days and out of stubbornness refused to play Placide, a far better keeper than the other 2 at his disposal, one is managing a team that's below us in the league (must be because of all the shit pitches) and the other played some of the most negative football we've seen in a long time. 

Gardner was awful this season. Maouche is easily better at all the things Gardner should be good at but never was.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

One is managing non-league these days and out of stubbornness refused to play Placide, a far better keeper than the other 2 at his disposal, one is managing a team that's below us in the league (must be because of all the shit pitches) and the other played some of the most negative football we've seen in a long time. 

Gardner was awful this season. Maouche is easily better at all the things Gardner should be good at but never was.

Shez is there by choice, he was going back to league 1 with carlise if he’d stayed !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

And you as an apologist for the owner say maouche is better.

The fact is that when it has been a straight choice between the 2 players , 3 different managers who all see both train every day have unanimously said Gardner is the better player. 

It doesn't mean Gardner is faultless and Id like to keep Maouche but at the start of next if its a straight choice Id expect Gardner to start ahead of maouche.

Would be up for keeping Maouche if he’d take a big pay-cut. I don’t see why he would though so he may well end up back in France. If Abdallah offers him anything close to 4k a week again it’s a joke...