Should Pete Wild get the Manager/Head Coach job permanently

Pete Wild as Full time Manager/Head Coach  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should the owner offer the Manager/Head Coach job permanently?

• Yes
    • Don't know
    • No. Becase he is inexperienced
    • No. Because caretaker mangers struggle when appointed full time eg Wellens & Solskjaer
    • No. Other
  2. 2. Is he likely to offer him the position permanently though?

3. 3. How do you rate Pete Wild's performance as Manager/Head Choice this season overall?

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Being told that your captain is being released at the end of the season isn't gonna get Wild foaming at the mouth at the prospect of taking the job full time...

Just for a point of reference here, 130 out of 136 votes cast [thus far] would offer him an extension.

Edited by lookersstandandy

3 hours ago, singe said:

Over to the BDSM expert... ( 😉 ) what's it called if you want to watch two guys put their balls on the table and cause each other significant pain to within an inch of their lives?

illegal even between consenting adults.....

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

He's shown he can put a training session on and get the team ready, managers live and die on recruitment though, has he got the contact book to improve the current squad?

I think that's short changing him a tad, he's pulled some pretty good performances out of what I think is overall an average squad.

Each of the three - I thinks its three - managers this season has had pretty much the same or similar squad and on balance Wild has got the best out of them.

As for contacts, well who knows? I think Wild has done his reputation no harm whatsoever this season in difficult circumstances to say the least.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Recruitment would be the big worry for me especially given the likelihood of further budget cuts.

I think PW knows his way round the lower leagues, so that aspect would be less of a worry for me, but it's the fact he wouldn't be able to sign even half a team of his preferred players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He's shown he can put a training session on and get the team ready, managers live and die on recruitment though, has he got the contact book to improve the current squad?

Nice trolling, If it's so easy (and anyone who is manager  knows the difficulties) how come Scholes, Bunn, Wellens, Robinson, Dunn, Kelly, Holden, Sickov, Penney, Talbot, Sharp et al all struggled or made very little headway.?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Nice trolling, If it's so easy (and anyone who is manager  knows the difficulties) how come Scholes, Bunn, Wellens, Robinson, Dunn, Kelly, Holden, Sickov, Penney, Talbot, Sharp et al all struggled or made very little headway.?

Well, plenty of them had never done it before...

I'm not knocking the job he's done but he's done it under very little pressure really.

Pete has been excellent and is fully deserving of the job but I'd guard against it if I were him, as he's already mentioned previous, he's a family man with responsibilities and by stepping in now and again doesn't carry the same consequences others have found.

He always has a fall back position 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Well, plenty of them had never done it before...

I'm not knocking the job he's done but he's done it under very little pressure really.

I'd say expectation, rather than pressure. 

Twice he has been dropped in the shit, whilst still doing all the Youth team work. 

A mere mortal would have crumbled, just a step too far. But he galvanised a split and divided team. 

He was on Match of The Day within a very short time and no training. 

He got wins, and defended well where others could not. 

The pressure was huge, the expectation was low. 

Nonetheless, very few people, even ex players could achieve what he did.

It takes a lot more than putting a few cones out, especially at our disfunctional club. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Pete has been excellent and is fully deserving of the job but I'd guard against it if I were him, as he's already mentioned previous, he's a family man with responsibilities and by stepping in now and again doesn't carry the same consequences others have found.

He always has a fall back position 

If rumours are true, we won't have his fall back option.

He's a football manager now, he's earned the right to be considered that.

He'd do a decent job at L1, but likely no one will take the risk. He'd get a shot at L2 and have a chance. He could easily succed at most Conference clubs. Or the Academies of a Champ/L1 team easily. He's skillfully jumped 2 or 3 levels based on his ability.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

I'd say expectation, rather than pressure. 

Twice he has been dropped in the shit, whilst still doing all the Youth team work. 

A mere mortal would have crumbled, just a step too far. But he galvanised a split and divided team. 

He was on Match of The Day within a very short time and no training. 

He got wins, and defended well where others could not. 

The pressure was huge, the expectation was low. 

Nonetheless, very few people, even ex players could achieve what he did.

It takes a lot more than putting a few cones out, especially at our disfunctional club. 

Been impressed with his interviews but you find a lot of the younger lads are confident in that area these days.

Not sure about huge pressure, never really been in the hunt for anything other than mid table.

He's done well on the whole over a short period of time but there's been a few stinkers in among it and I've not seen much evidence of any great tactical nous.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Been impressed with his interviews but you find a lot of the younger lads are confident in that area these days.

Not sure about huge pressure, never really been in the hunt for anything other than mid table.

He's done well on the whole over a short period of time but there's been a few stinkers in among it and I've not seen much evidence of any great tactical nous.

I'm in danger of turning into Shuck.

7 minutes ago, singe said:

If rumours are true, we won't have his fall back option.

He's a football manager now, he's earned the right to be considered that.

He'd do a decent job at L1, but likely no one will take the risk. He'd get a shot at L2 and have a chance. He could easily succed at most Conference clubs. Or the Academies of a Champ/L1 team easily. He's skillfully jumped 2 or 3 levels based on his ability.

Everything is by agreement and there's no chance in this world that A.L would disrupt or rid himself of such a talisman but pete might not want what you're suggesting and going off previous comments he seems happy with his present arrangement.

Ambition is good but expectations another thing 🙄