Retained list & youth player decisions

Has Benteke been injured much this season? I can't recall him being out for any major length of time?

Played just 38 minutes since the start of November, don't understand how we see fit to offer him a new deal yet he's been surplus to requirements since November!

• Like 1

Just now, oafcshuck said:

Has Benteke been injured much this season? I can't recall him being out for any major length of time?

Played just 38 minutes since the start of November, don't understand how we see fit to offer him a new deal yet he's been surplus to requirements since November!

Spot on Shucky! Baffling.

Just now, Ryan said:

Spot on Shucky! Baffling.

I'll be honest, I've only seen glimpse's and don't think he's as bad as people are making out. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want him as our main striker but I don't think he's much worse than O'Grady and Vera and to be honest hasn't been given a fair run of games. As mentioned above though, there was a point in the season when he wasn't even catching the bench when we had a shortage of strikers, so I don't see how we'd need him now if he was surplus to requirements then!

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

Clarke deserved  another year.

True pro.

Sad to see him go and wish him well and hope he returns in some capacity soon.

I’d have him back as player/owner. 

But yeah echo your sentiments. Deserved a far better send off. Like I’ve said somewhere else earlier, I’d love it if he sent a message to us fans. I really hope our support for him hadn’t gone unnoticed 

10 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d have him back as player/owner. 

But yeah echo your sentiments. Deserved a far better send off. Like I’ve said somewhere else earlier, I’d love it if he sent a message to us fans. I really hope our support for him hadn’t gone unnoticed 

I tried to get something going for Northampton (applause on 26th minute) from afar but no- one seemed interested.
We all knew he was going, but nothing. Everyone expects someone else to do it.

• Like 2

Talk about bare bones. If we lose Nepo and Edmunson on top of that too we have the makings of a bottom half team, not one challenging to go up! 

Clarke is a huge miss. I'd say he had a year left in him and once again would have been the standout model pro. Deserves more than to just be binned off with out an utter if a word of thanks.

Baxter and Gardener are two I expected to go thanks to injury and wage but I think still could have done a job. 

I hope AL has extensive recruitment plans in in place although, sadly I'm not holding my breath. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Clarke wanted out, wouldn't have mattered what was offered to him, he was leaving regardless.

Of course he wanted out. I imagine he’s been firefighting 24/7 behind the scenes and been the sole bridge between certain players. He’s going to be a massive miss both on and off the pitch. I do not blame him in slightest, or anyone else, for wanting to leave. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Of course he wanted out. I imagine he’s been firefighting 24/7 behind the scenes and been the sole bridge between certain players. He’s going to be a massive miss both on and off the pitch. I do not blame him in slightest, or anyone else, for wanting to leave. 

I agree, some folk seem to be under the impression that we've let him go though.

48 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

Talk about bare bones. If we lose Nepo and Edmunson on top of that too we have the makings of a bottom half team

We are a bottom half team currently! Without strengthening we're looking squarely at bottom two.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

We are a bottom half team currently! Without strengthening we're looking squarely at bottom two.

It's been the same for many seasons but even Corney always, eventually, made a few summer signings to give a glimmer of (ultimately misplaced) hope.

The bigger worry is that this loon's going to throw more shite on top of the existing shite.

I'm viewing the "negotiating contracts" players as already having gone too although his little snake in the grass Maouche being one of them surprises me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It's been the same for many seasons but even Corney always, eventually, made a few summer signings to give a glimmer of (ultimately misplaced) hope.

The bigger worry is that this loon's going to throw more shite on top of the existing shite.

I'm viewing the "negotiating contracts" players as already having gone too although his little snake in the grass Maouche being one of them surprises me. 

Not Maouche...

• Like 1