Retained list & youth player decisions

32 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can you protest about things being a bit shit? We are not in Blackpool/Bolton/Coventry territory.

I honestly don’t believe we are far off. There are clear parallels with Leyton Orient a few years ago. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There are proper ways of operating within means, we're being run like a circus alienating the paying fans. If we were a dog, we'd be put down by now.

Aye, not sure a couple of hundred pitchfork waving fans standing outside BP is going to get him to change his ways though.

How many season tickets sold so far, 1500ish? That'll be up to 2000 soon enough so he's not much down on last year.

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’ve heard he goes past his office,turns back, goes past it again but then doesn’t actually do anything. 

Wittiest post for yonks.😁

Edited by BP1960

19 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There are proper ways of operating within means, we're being run like a circus alienating the paying fans. If we were a dog, we'd be put down by now.

Should pay up Coke, O'Grady and Sefil.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Aye, not sure a couple of hundred pitchfork waving fans standing outside BP is going to get him to change his ways though.

How many season tickets sold so far, 1500ish? That'll be up to 2000 soon enough so he's not much down on last year.

Doubt it's up to 1500 at the moment and I doubt it'll go up by 500 either.

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

I agree wholeheartedly but suspect they're on prohibitively high wages.

Byrne will have been on more than all 3 of those, maybe than all 3 combined. He was paid off. 

I know Gerrard was sacked, but did that cost us? Obviously in the real world if you get sacked you get nothing, but football isn’t always like that.

It stood at 1800 at the original cut off so I would think 1850 or something like that.

The final fig last season was a shade over 3000 so I guess it’s going to be around 40% down.

That doesn’t take in to account any returns  and depending on what happens between now and month end that could dip further!

Just now, perfectOzblue said:

Long distance fan here. Surprised by lack of sadness in thread to Jose being released. Has he been that unimpressive this season? Give him a decent pre-season and he could be handy in League Two, right?

He showed signs under Scholes but other than that he has been the biggest disappointment signing wise. I would have offered him a deal personally but can also understand why it hasn’t happened. I could see him getting a deal higher than League 2 still.

2 minutes ago, perfectOzblue said:

Long distance fan here. Surprised by lack of sadness in thread to Jose being released. Has he been that unimpressive this season? Give him a decent pre-season and he could be handy in League Two, right?

I’m devastated he’s gone. Like you say with an injury free season we should have been building the team around him. He will    probably be POY at his next club and maybe in a higher division.

We’ve got Coke, Benteke and Sefil so never mind that will soften the blow..FFS!!!!

AL is not interested in the football side, if he was he would have a decent manager in now who would decide who goes and who stays. 

The signals he’s sending out pre season are suicidal and if we start badly relegation will be a certainty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Byrne will have been on more than all 3 of those, maybe than all 3 combined. He was paid off. 

I know Gerrard was sacked, but did that cost us? Obviously in the real world if you get sacked you get nothing, but football isn’t always like that.

Watch this space...

Can't see Jose being on a very big wedge considering we're the only club to give him a shot at first team football since his issues. Gutted he's gone tbh, should be building the team around him. Top lad, too.

• Like 1

The owner - absolutely what I expected, but...

Where I was going with this, and sorry if it's been mentioned earlier, is...was this list 'forced' on PW and was the catalyst for him leaving?

Just now, Witty said:

The owner - absolutely what I expected, but...

Where I was going with this, and sorry if it's been mentioned earlier, is...was this list 'forced' on PW and was the catalyst for him leaving?

Probably yeah, that's how it works under the current ownership.

3 hours ago, perfectOzblue said:

Yes. I am very sad. Angry, and sad.