37 minutes ago, latics22 said:

No offence, but does it really matter? We could be 10-0 down, makes no difference 

No offence taken. I've been watching latics and football for nearly 50 years. I've always been able to enjoy each game as its own entity. Occasionally on here someone will ask what has changed over time in football. My view for what its worth is that fans no longer live in the here and now. It's not about today's game. If we win it's , if we can get ten points out of the next four games well be in the play offs. I know it's me getting old but we live in an instantaneous society now. I was reading yesterday about gender announcement parties where you gather your nearest and dearest together to tell them if it's a boy or a girl. You know whats coming next dont you?

Edited by astottie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, astottie said:

No offence taken. I've been watching latics and football for nearly 50 years. I've always been able to enjoy each game as its own entity. Occasionally on here someone will ask what has changed over time in football. My view for what its worth is that fans no longer live in the here and now. It's not about today's game. If we win it's , if we can get ten points out of the next four games well be in the play offs. I know it's me getting old but we live in an instantaneous society now. I was reading yesterday about gender announcement parties where you gather your nearest and dearest together to tell them if it's a boy or a girl. You know whats coming next dont you?

Thank you for that reply and I’m glad you didn’t take my response in a negative. Myself and my wife made two cakes one blue one pink for both our children, I suppose it’s the norm now. I’m glad you have your ways there not wrong and mine are not right. We both want the best the best for oafc!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Can see a big clearout, whether we will get any better is debatable.

That’s the problem isn’t it! Every year not just us! New team same shit, every team needs that missing striker the one ! It’s a mirage and only happens very rarely !