Expectations For Next Season

As far as i’m concerned it’s promotion or bust for me.

I’m sure some of the ITK lads will come and say something vague about we’d be lucky to stay up.

This league is absolute bobbins, and I really mean this. It’s absolutely shite. The fact that after all that happened off the field we had it in our hands to make the play offs at the end of April demonstrates how bad this league is.

In the close season, dialogue needs to be re-opened with Abdallah and it needs to be done properly with apt individuals capable of getting an answer out of him. 

A plan is needed and everyone needs to be stood behind one banner. The lads that are happy just because we simply exist need a wake up call and need to have some ambition.

Over to you AL. Fuck next season up and I don’t think we will ever come back.

• Like 1

If the L1 bottom four stays as it is you’d imagine all (maybe barring Walsall) will have a much larger budget than us and there’s also a chance that one of the moneyball clubs from the Conference wins the play-offs. I’m expecting it to be a significantly stronger league next season.

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

If the L1 bottom four stays as it is you’d imagine all (maybe barring Walsall) will have a much larger budget than us and there’s also a chance that one of the moneyball clubs from the Conference wins the play-offs. I’m expecting it to be a significantly stronger league next season.

Leyton Orient will get promoted again, happening a few times recently.. 

Wrexham and Salford can outspend us 

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

However, Lincoln have a bigger budget than us, as will Franchise. Bury are likely to as well, via nefarious means. I think Mansfield wouldn't be far off. 

Forest Green's squad won't be cheap and I'd imagine Tranmere's squad won't be cheap either, I think their performance will very much depend on them keeping Norwood. 

Similarly, Notts County were among the favourites this season partly because of their budget but they are now odds on for relegation. 

If our budget remains the same, I doubt it will unless Marco comes into some money, then we should be more than capable of doing better next season. Some of the reasons why we have ended up mid-table have very little to do with the owner, more the managers.

I'm fairly confident that if you extrapolated Wild's results over 14 games for the season we would comfortably be in the playoffs, at least. 

Newport were 1 minute away from being relegated 2 years ago. We are in a much better position than they were then. 

16 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I don’t thInk he’s a penny pincher, I just don’t thinj he has any more money

different shit, same problem 

Well I hope he swallows his pride and realises he needs to sell or find a backer to support him.  He came with so much promise of being this Dubai-based super-agent wining and dining Seedorf, Deko etc and hobnobbing with the oil-rich, football-loving billionaires.  Trust us to end up with a selfie-obsessed super-fan who’s only real clientele is from basement leagues and the closet he got to Sheikh Mansour and Al-Fahim was seeing them on Sky at a City game.

32 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

As far as i’m concerned it’s promotion or bust for me.

I’m sure some of the ITK lads will come and say something vague about we’d be lucky to stay up.

This league is absolute bobbins, and I really mean this. It’s absolutely shite. The fact that after all that happened off the field we had it in our hands to make the play offs at the end of April demonstrates how bad this league is.

In the close season, dialogue needs to be re-opened with Abdallah and it needs to be done properly with apt individuals capable of getting an answer out of him. 

A plan is needed and everyone needs to be stood behind one banner. The lads that are happy just because we simply exist need a wake up call and need to have some ambition.

Over to you AL. Fuck next season up and I don’t think we will ever come back.

My expectation is also very similar but play offs due to stronger division. 

The owner has to swallow some pride, admit he cannot do it all and back the manager. 

Get a Professional strucrure in place. 

Accept his record is mediocre and work with the manager to identify a mix of players. 

Get Clarke on board. 

Abandon plans to scrap the Youths. 

I don't think he had any choice but to go full tilt with PW. 

And any players comes moaning to him, make sure the door smacks his arse on the way out. 

7 minutes ago, singe said:

My expectation is also very similar but play offs due to stronger division. 

The owner has to swallow some pride, admit he cannot do it all and back the manager. 

Get a Professional strucrure in place. 

Accept his record is mediocre and work with the manager to identify a mix of players. 

Get Clarke on board. 

Abandon plans to scrap the Youths. 

I don't think he had any choice but to go full tilt with PW. 

And any players comes moaning to him, make sure the door smacks his arse on the way out. 

Sorry but that’s never going to happen and I’m sure u know that

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

However, Lincoln have a bigger budget than us, as will Franchise. Bury are likely to as well, via nefarious means. I think Mansfield wouldn't be far off. 

Forest Green's squad won't be cheap and I'd imagine Tranmere's squad won't be cheap either, I think their performance will very much depend on them keeping Norwood. 

Similarly, Notts County were among the favourites this season partly because of their budget but they are now odds on for relegation. 

If our budget remains the same, I doubt it will unless Marco comes into some money, then we should be more than capable of doing better next season. Some of the reasons why we have ended up mid-table have very little to do with the owner, more the managers.

I'm fairly confident that if you extrapolated Wild's results over 14 games for the season we would comfortably be in the playoffs, at least. 

Newport were 1 minute away from being relegated 2 years ago. We are in a much better position than they were then. 

Agree ! We’re in with a shout

Far too early to set any expectations for next season - things change far too quickly at this club.

Agree with the OP though. League Two is absolutely shite, and very unpredictable week-to-week.

If we can get some consistency both on and off the pitch, we’ll find ourselves there or there abouts next season I think. Far easier said than done with Abdallah in charge though.

• Thanks 1

no chance of promotion. looks like some decent clubs coming down, orient will be ok and poss salford coming up so will be a better division and we will have a smaller budget and poss a fan managing us. no chance at all of promotion. there's clubs that are pretty well run, experienced managers in place and we expect to outperform them with the shambles behind the scenes we have. our best players are loan players, dont forget we will be 15 goals down and a decnet keeper down on this year before we start. bottom half poss relegation struggle would be more likley.

40 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I don't think budget is the main issue, it's who we sign with that budget which will determine where we finish.

Two things are completely intertwined.  Interesting to see that our average attendance this season is 13th in the division.  Spookily accurate.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Two things are completely intertwined.  Interesting to see that our average attendance this season is 13th in the division.  Spookily accurate.

Disagree to a point. Big budget helps, but we could quite easily win the league with an average budget if the recruitment is done right and we have a togetherness in the camp. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What's the average at Bury Dave?

Expectations?

Same old shit different season!

Blind optimism after this season ends followed by realisation that we are skint and only bringing in foreign trialists while rumours of unpaid wages surface at the end of every month.

We'll finish slightly lower than this season and will have  3 more managers  including Wild as Caretaker again with a 1st rd cup exit. CANT WAIT!!! :(