Expectations For Next Season

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

I actually think it’s prudent. 

Why would you sign players now, when your effectively paying for them to go holiday until July? Plus you’ve got to pay all the current squad with no income coming in. Why would you add to that? 

It it doesn’t make any sense. 

As long as the manager is appointed before the first of July, and he has a bit of squad and additions coming in, we’ll be fine. (In terms of prep) 

Firstly a football club should budget for wages to be paid for 52 weeks of the year, players and staff, it’s a job, like any other industry, what are people supposed to do in the off season, get another job? 

Secondly most teams will be reporting back around the 24th June, not the 1st July as season starts sooner. 

Thirdly the manager and his coaching team would have to plan training schedules which may include a training camp overseas, something you can’t just book at a weeks notice when you consider possible venues, travel arrangements etc so it wouldn’t just be a case of appointing a manager on a Sunday and the whole squad are back in on the Monday. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Not sure if you're trying to wind me up here, but you can have one bite. The Islamic calendar is lunar which is about ten days shorter than the solar one. Ramadan moves forward about ten days each year. 

Exactly. So for them it doesn’t change. Or them weird Pagan types.

11 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The original question related to escaping the hot part of the year. In relation to the seasons it moves. 

It does, in answering the question I slightly shifted it though. They don't exactly go to London to escape the hottest weather (which is about the same as our Summer) as for preferring plentiful Champagne, food, drugs and prostitutes round the clock to not being allowed a cigarette from dawn till dusk. Thus the (to our eyes) moveable feast of Ramadan is the relevant one.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Firstly a football club should budget for wages to be paid for 52 weeks of the year, players and staff, it’s a job, like any other industry, what are people supposed to do in the off season, get another job? 

Secondly most teams will be reporting back around the 24th June, not the 1st July as season starts sooner. 

Thirdly the manager and his coaching team would have to plan training schedules which may include a training camp overseas, something you can’t just book at a weeks notice when you consider possible venues, travel arrangements etc so it wouldn’t just be a case of appointing a manager on a Sunday and the whole squad are back in on the Monday. 

1. They are wages being throughout June, and indeed for 52 weeks of the year. (I think you’ve just made that one up) 

2. I don’t care about other teams. 

3. I agree, we do need to appoint a manager. The sooner the better. He will earn his wage in June. 99% Footballers, don’t. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

1. They are wages being throughout June, and indeed for 52 weeks of the year. (I think you’ve just made that one up) 

3. I agree, we do need to appoint a manager. The sooner the better. He will earn his wage in June. 99% Footballers, don’t. 

Footballers don’t get paid in June you are saying....... 🤔 think you need to ask some then, non league semi pro or amateur no but full time professionals yes!

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Other teams would be better prepared then, as I said that’s my worry. The league starts earlier this year, teams have 6 weeks for pre season,  that’s why they would start on the 24th June this season so if we have less preparation time there’s a good chance we will be less prepared than the other teams 

Just now, Paul said:

Footballers don’t get paid in June you are saying....... 🤔 think you need to ask some then, non league semi pro or amateur no but full time professionals yes!

😂

No. . . . 

Im saying they do get paid. They get paid to go on holiday in June - Unless your an international maybe.  Managers get paid to plan and prepare in June. 

We need to pay a manager in June. We don’t need to pay x amount of new signings to go on their jolly’s, especially when money is tight, and we have to pay the current squad till the end of themonth at least. 

What’s non league and semi pro got to do with the price chips? 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Other teams would be better prepared then, as I said that’s my worry. The league starts earlier this year, teams have 6 weeks for pre season,  that’s why they would start on the 24th June this season so if we have less preparation time there’s a good chance we will be less prepared than the other teams 

You may have a point with regards to how teams start the season. But footballers love an excuse. The win the first three, nobody cares. Lose the first three and people start to look for excuses. 

If only we’d done more running in July. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

No. . . . 

Im saying they do get paid. They get paid to go on holiday in June - Unless your an international maybe.  Managers get paid to plan and prepare in June. 

We need to pay a manager in June. We don’t need to pay x amount of new signings to go on their jolly’s, especially when money is tight, and we have to pay the current squad till the end of themonth at least. 

You agree contracts with them for when their current contracts come to an end (at the end of June). That's how it usually works. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

No. . . . 

Most players contracts expire at the end of June, so if they are joining us at the end of their contract we can still effectively sign them now with the contract commencing 1st July so no we wouldn’t have to pay them while on holiday as such.

The point I have made is that it worries me that we have no manager in place, no pre season preparations and no new signings appearing to me being made just under 3 weeks before the start of pre season, which I feel is important. If that doesn’t worry you fine, we simply have different opinions and you are more laid back than me as it does worry me, that’s all

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

You agree contracts with them for when their current contracts come to an end (at the end of June). That's how it usually works. 

AL has been offering deals to players - told of 2 who up to last week had received the best offers from us.Weirdly given his background AL doesn't want to deal with agents!

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

AL has been offering deals to players - told of 2 who up to last week had received the best offers from us.Weirdly given his background AL doesn't want to deal with agents!

I would say given his background, it is entirely logical he doesn't want to deal with agents. 

10 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Impressive contacts.  Only just confirmed on the BBC Sport site-Sturridge and Moreno to leave Liverpool.

23 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Impressive contacts.  Only just confirmed on the BBC Sport site-Sturridge and Moreno to leave Liverpool.

Piss take. If we sign either of them I’m done with Latics and I’ll be sending a letter to AL. They hardly even played last season and sturridge is too injury prone...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I found it mildly amusing when Pete Wild trotted out in one of his interviews that annual mantra "this year we need to get our business done early in the close season" Pete isn't even there.

Wellens said the same before the end of his season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Piss take. If we sign either of them I’m done with Latics and I’ll be sending a letter to AL. They hardly even played last season and sturridge is too injury prone...

Both would be lost at this level, regardless of skill