Expectations For Next Season

Infact, looking forward to whatever team we put together, as it cant be worse than this from 20161 - Connor Ripley

2 - Josh Law
3 - Jamie Reckord
4 - Brian Wilson
5 - Cameron Burgess
6 - Marc Klok
7 - Ryan Flynn
9 - Billy Mckay
10 - Carl Winchester
13 - Chris Kettings
14 - Jake Cassidy
15 - George Edmundson
16 - Connor Brown
17 - Kallum Mantack
19 - Lee Erwin
20 - Jamie Stott
21 - Danny Byrnes
22 - Luke Woodland
23 - Lee Knight

I always have that faint glimmer of hope that there’s always 2-3 teams much worse than us.  That said, I always thought that in L1 and look what happened.

I’m not even convinced that we’re “too good” anymore to avoid non-league football but this season I fear that we’ll be looking down in increasing panic over the season than looking up.  

There’s two months effectively to strengthen but we’re potless and, as per my other post, we’ll be gambling with unknowns from overseas rather than reliable domestic players.  I seriously see Lemsagam’s 3 year plan going backwards.

12/1 to be relegated is tempting but I’ve promised myself never to bet against my team.  Bottom half obscurity by March seems more likely.

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I always have that faint glimmer of hope that there’s always 2-3 teams much worse than us.  That said, I always thought that in L1 and look what happened.

No, you were right then too. Unfortunately 4 went down. 

3 hours ago, youngen said:

Infact, looking forward to whatever team we put together, as it cant be worse than this from 20161 - Connor Ripley

2 - Josh Law
3 - Jamie Reckord
4 - Brian Wilson
5 - Cameron Burgess
6 - Marc Klok
7 - Ryan Flynn
9 - Billy Mckay
10 - Carl Winchester
13 - Chris Kettings
14 - Jake Cassidy
15 - George Edmundson
16 - Connor Brown
17 - Kallum Mantack
19 - Lee Erwin
20 - Jamie Stott
21 - Danny Byrnes
22 - Luke Woodland
23 - Lee Knight

Oh yes it can, and you have rather convieniently left out Peter Clarke

Edited by GlossopLatic

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh yes it can, and you have rather convieniently left out Peter Clarke

I havent, thats direct from a OAFC Official post on the website from 18th July 2016. TBH maybe he hadnt signed by then.

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

12/1 for us to be relegated looks overpriced. Still think we will somehow survive but the odds are tempting given what's likely to go on.

That seems a generous price but, like others, just couldn't bring myself to have a wager on the demise of Latics.

13 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

8/1-10/1 everywhere else - I'd expect that price to be corrected before too long - pile on.

Betfair offer the market, so lots of opportunity to profit should we start badly.

Betfair markets tend to be very thin at our level 

13 hours ago, youngen said:

2 - Josh Law
3 - Jamie Reckord
4 - Brian Wilson
5 - Cameron Burgess
6 - Marc Klok
7 - Ryan Flynn
9 - Billy Mckay
10 - Carl Winchester
13 - Chris Kettings
14 - Jake Cassidy
15 - George Edmundson
16 - Connor Brown
17 - Kallum Mantack
19 - Lee Erwin
20 - Jamie Stott
21 - Danny Byrnes
22 - Luke Woodland
23 - Lee Knight

Christ on a bike, it's a miracle we stayed up that season 

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Is this the worst pre season feeling ever?

The Darren Kelly one was bad simply because of his appointment, although at least the squad had just been challenging for the playoffs under LJ.

The Robinson one was probably worse than that because we had completely gutted the squad (bar 5 players).

This feels like the worst of the lot though.  I simply don't trust the competence of the owners who are going to have such a big say on building the squad.  I understand not following the conventional method of building a club if you see clear ways of how to improve things, but the Lemsagams have already proven very wasteful in the way they have ran the club and I don't think they have the resources to cover it.

It's amazing that the Sheridan pre-season (no keeper until the day before the start) and the Bunn pre-season (no striker until a week before the start) are the best we've had in the last 5 years!

My expectations for the season are very low. 

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Is this the worst pre season feeling ever?

For me it is...at the moment. Maybe a few positive signing will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

I strongly suspect I'll be watching a team full of reject French players come season start and by November reminiscing fondly for the days of Clark and Baxter et al. 

Who knows though, hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

• Like 1