Expectations For Next Season

7 minutes ago, Witty said:

For me it is...at the moment. Maybe a few positive signing will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

I strongly suspect I'll be watching a team full of reject French players come season start and by November reminiscing fondly for the days of Clark and Baxter et al. 

Who knows though, hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Already 3 #frenchlads signed up apparently - be interesting to see if we can get any decent domestic signings or loans done before they're announced!

I expect that this upcoming season will be the one where the wheels well and truly come off. 

The way things are shaping up, if/when things go badly downhill we won’t be in a position to reverse the set up swiftly. 

Marco is going all-in with what he wants to do. At best it’s a gamble. At worst it’s fatal. 

I’ll buy flights next week for myself and my young lad to bring him to the first home game of the season. It’ll be his first BP trip and I’d like him to have something vaguely resembling the memory of my first trip with my dad. 

If I delay bringing him over any longer, well, let’s just say better sooner than later with the way Marco is doing things.  

Edited by Nohairdontcare
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I expect that this upcoming season will be the one where the wheels well and truly come off. 

The way things are shaping up, if/when things go badly downhill we won’t be in a position to reverse the set up swiftly. 

Marco is going all-in with what he wants to do. At best it’s a gamble. At worst it’s fatal. 

It feels a bit Russian Roulette but I have a feeling if it does all go completely tits up with him we'll come out the other side better for it, and eventually better than it was under Corney for that matter. 

Possibly, hopefully with the Fan Led Group in charge, if not, someone else who can come in and run us sensibly & properly...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

It feels a bit Russian Roulette but I have a feeling if it does all go completely tits up with him we'll come out the other side better for it, and eventually better than it was under Corney for that matter. 

Possibly, hopefully with the Fan Led Group in charge, if not, someone else who can come in and run us sensibly & properly...

Yeah, I’m clinging to that hope. Fingers crossed you are right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Already 3 #frenchlads signed up apparently - be interesting to see if we can get any decent domestic signings or loans done before they're announced!

3 French lads...Where’s that come from?

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Darren Kelly still had the core of that LJ squad at his disposal. That appointment was a disgrace.

Yet Kelly brought back Edmundson after the previous manager had given him a free transfer. Now worth over £600,000 to the club by all accounts.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Yet Kelly brought back Edmundson after the previous manager had given him a free transfer. Now worth over £600,000 to the club by all accounts.

I think Darren is a good coach by all accounts and a sound guy. He should never have been given the job though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think Darren is a good coach by all accounts and a sound guy. He should never have been given the job though. 

True but when they gave it him they shouldn't have promised it to Dunn the week after, effectively writing the season off before it started.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

True but when they gave it him they shouldn't have promised it to Dunn the week after, effectively writing the season off before it started.

Shez was available too.

Shez as manager, Dunn in midfield while learning to manage from him - what could have been..... 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Is this the worst pre season feeling ever?

We were obviously pretty close to disappearing from the face of the earth in the close-season when Chris Moore pulled the plug...

This feels worse, though.  I don't think anyone has the same energy or enthusiasm this time round to save what we've become.

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

It's the worst I've ever felt, and that includes the days when we had to apply for re-election to stay in the League. We knew we were a poor side then, but we didn't have a nut job running the club as far as I can recall.

I'll still get to games whenever I can, but a lot of the enthusiasm has gone.

• Like 2

It’s hard to be anything other than totally apathetic about next season. 

And the club doesn’t do itself any favours at all. Just zero attempt to try and get any sort of interest in next season going. 

Twitter isn’t the be all and end all but the club has tweeted 10 times this month. Did a quick comparison with Rochdale, not sure why, and they’ve tweeted 80 times this month. 

Can’t they at least try to pretend there’s something to get excited about?

• Like 1

I am not going to renew my iFollow as a mini protest. At least for a month, and that's dosh saved - no idea where I  got that from..

IF we start OK I can renew pretty quickly, but if it's a bad start, and other factors I  can decide then.

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It’s hard to be anything other than totally apathetic about next season. 

And the club doesn’t do itself any favours at all. Just zero attempt to try and get any sort of interest in next season going. 

Twitter isn’t the be all and end all but the club has tweeted 10 times this month. Did a quick comparison with Rochdale, not sure why, and they’ve tweeted 80 times this month. 

Can’t they at least try to pretend there’s something to get excited about?

Was worried for a minute then, as I realised I hadn't seen Billy tweet any ticket office for a while and hoped it was holidays.

He tweeted a reply yesterday I think!

Phew!

19 minutes ago, singe said:

Was worried for a minute then, as I realised I hadn't seen Billy tweet any ticket office for a while and hoped it was holidays.

He tweeted a reply yesterday I think!

Phew!

Ha, Billy and the ticket office not included in my twitter findings. A rare positive. Just the club main account seems to be in a deep sleep. 

It's a very strange feeling. Everything about/around Latics is as flat as a pancake. A fellow fan (25 years plus season ticket holder - until now) just rolled his eyes when I tried striking up a conversation about the new head coach - total disinterest. It's a feeling I`ve never experienced before. We've had lots of lows over the years but there's always been fight/passion amongst the supporters (or a distinct minority of them).

Whatever the cause, it is draining the lifeblood out of many long-standing supporters. Once the first home game is out of the way, it will be very interesting to see the "attendance trend" at BP. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

It's a very strange feeling. Everything about/around Latics is as flat as a pancake. A fellow fan (25 years plus season ticket holder - until now) just rolled his eyes when I tried striking up a conversation about the new head coach - total disinterest. It's a feeling I`ve never experienced before. We've had lots of lows over the years but there's always been fight/passion amongst the supporters (or a distinct minority of them).

Whatever the cause, it is draining the lifeblood out of many long-standing supporters. Once the first home game is out of the way, it will be very interesting to see the "attendance trend" at BP. 

If only you could see my face after reading another one of your whinging posts that are all the fucking same these days, you’d see exactly the same reaction as your buddy’s. 

FFS change the record. You and your pal will be all over him like a tramp on chips if he gets off to a winning start. In fact , with your past record it’ll probably be at half time in the opener if we are 1-0 up.