Expectations For Next Season

As the facts stand, more of the same. 

Worse case scenario AL has learned nothing, run out of available funds or both. 

The managerial appointment will be critical, whoever’s appointed. AL will need a modicum of luck with that one, as will we all. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Two things are completely intertwined.  Interesting to see that our average attendance this season is 13th in the division.  Spookily accurate.

I don't know. We didn't lose Sturridge for financial reasons, if we'd kept him we probably make playoffs.

I think expectation will be set for an all time low next season. We all know what needs to happen at the football club. My hopes for this season were that the owner would stabilise the club we have seen nothing of the sort if anything its more volatile than ever. He shows very little evidence that he has learned from his mistake or any self awareness that he is even doing anything wrong. Some posters might think that a promotion will remedy the problems this is incorrect a promotion alone won't solve the long term problems at the club. Ofcourse we'd welcome it we all would but if anything it would just give more reason to justify his madness a promotion is likely to be won by chance rather than good planning so it could well be followed up by relegation and more volatility.

I'd like to see a board of directors or even just a couple of directors/senior management put in place to administrate the football club, but even if this happens the owner will likely fall out with them and they won't last.

I'd like to see a manager recruited and given 2 possibly 3 seasons to win build a side that can win promotion and push on in the league above but we all know that we will be changing Manager/head coach atleast once next season.

I'd like to see the youth setup maintained but he will probably kibosh it. i'd like to see no more crap players from the arse end of French football but we all know a load more are coming this summer.

Is their a light at the end of the tunnel? who knows

One thing that could happen next season which could either make things better or plunge us into an enormous crisis is the prospective purchase of Boundary park. At this point we know very little about who this consortium is however it doesn't take much connecting of the dots to work out that by paying 7 figures for a plot of land in Oldham with the towns football club on it they are positioning themselves for a takeover of the club. So far the owner has pretty much fallen out with everyone he has been involved with so far I don't see how this will be different here. Assuming they complete the purchase of Boundary Park then they are set for a collision course with the current tennants at Boundary Park. It could work out well they might just want to own the land and collect the rent Abdullah might be happy with this arrangement I feel this seems unlikely at best though.

As for the team, well their is a nucleus of a good team here. As it stands this team is probably 6-7 good signing i.e. a strong bench away from winning promotion however I feel that nucleus the likes of Edmondson, Clarke, Iverson, Lang, will be leaving us and we are left with the deadwood.

At the moment I'm not very optimistic at all, sadly it wouldn't surprise me if the club made more headlines off the pitch than on it next season, However their is always the chance of something changing.

• Like 3

Bottom half finish. Owner isn't interested in promotion, it's not what he is here for.

We will lose the keeper, Lang and Clarke minimum. Our best three players and three of the best in their position in the league IMO. If anyone thinks our owner will replace them with anything similar is bonkers. We lost Surridge and signed Vera. Expect more of the same.

Agents make money from transfers and % of players wages. What is Maouche on again? 

Still I think we will get one or two overseas players on top whack contracts in. Their agents will probably pocket half their wages. What was Queensy on again?

Edited by Clifford
Rearranged wording
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bottom half finish. Owner isn't interested in promotion, it's not what he is here for. Agents make money from transfers and % of players wages. What is Maouche on again? 

We will lose the keeper, Lang and Clarke minimum. Our best three players and three of the best in their position in the league IMO. If anyone thinks our owner will replace them with anything similar is bonkers. We lost Surridge and signed Vera. Expect more of the same.

Still I think we will get one or two overseas players on top whack contracts in. Their agents will probably pocket half their wages. What was Queensy on again?

You’re bang on the money here but expanding any further could land you in bother. 

The club watches this board very keenly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bottom half finish. Owner isn't interested in promotion, it's not what he is here for. Agents make money from transfers and % of players wages. What is Maouche on again? 

Are you saying we are paying over inflated wages so money goes from the clubs account to the family agency business ? 

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Are you saying we are paying over inflated wages so money goes from the clubs account to the family agency business ? 

No no. Mixed message. 

See belgium football scandal on google. No links to our club.

36 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

You’re bang on the money here but expanding any further could land you in bother. 

The club watches this board very keenly.

Quite. Accidentally discussed our club and the Belgian scandal.

Quite happy to say I've seen nothing to say they're linked.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Barry Owen probably scrambling around the Boundary Park offices as we speak, yelling "Who is Clifford?"...

I've been quite clear from my initial messy post. Made no inference that our club does anything wrong. 

All happening in Belgium. Stand down Barry.

Wolves have an agent on board. Doubt he does it for the love of the Midlands 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I've been quite clear from my initial messy post. Made no inference that our club does anything wrong. 

All happening in Belgium. Stand down Barry.

Yep, seen the story myself. Luckily there are no similarities in that to the way our club is being run...

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

And where would the money come from to make that kind of thing worthwhile, we're a skint League 2 football club?? :mmm:*cough* 

I'm not implying anything either Barry, nothing to see here...

Definitely no similarities to Belgium. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

4 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

We  need statement from AL early next week to give us news on new manager targets budget and amount of players coming in 

Why on earth do you think we should tell the world what our budget is or our targets are ?

No commercial sense in that whatsoever and putting players on the radars of others. Never been done in the past and shouldn’t be expected now. Other clubs don’t do it either.

• Like 1