Expectations For Next Season

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

We will lose the keeper, Lang and Clarke minimum. Our best three players and three of the best in their position in the league IMO. If anyone thinks our owner will replace them with anything similar is bonkers. We lost Surridge and signed Vera. Expect more of the same.

So Clarke was already here, the keeper and Lang were signed at the beginning of the season. No reason why similar players cannot be signed again under the same owner.

Vera signing should be put in some context-we were desperate for a striker and the window was about to shut-he is rubbish though.

Agents make money from transfers and % of players wages. What is Maouche on again? 

So you say we pay Maouche above the rate because the agent makes more money-but the agent(or proxy) owns the club so ends up paying out more-do the math it doesn't work how you want it too.

Bottom half finish. Owner isn't interested in promotion, it's not what he is here for.

So what is he here for? Enlighten us please.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So Clarke was already here, the keeper and Lang were signed at the beginning of the season. No reason why similar players cannot be signed again under the same owner.

Vera signing should be put in some context-we were desperate for a striker and the window was about to shut-he is rubbish though.

So you say we pay Maouche above the rate because the agent makes more money-but the agent(or proxy) owns the club so ends up paying out more-do the math it doesn't work how you want it too.

No idea why Maouche is paid so much. It was a simple question. Also no idea who his agent is. He was apparently top earner once our other bench warming top earner, Queensy, left. His agent will get a cut of his wage, standard practice. Our owner isn't an agent.

He publically stated that he told Scholes he didn't need to go for promotion this season. It could wait. I've no idea what he is doing here, I'd guess neither does he.

We replaced Lydon with Sylla. Surridge with Vera. That pattern will continue IMO. We replaced those two after the bonus of the FA cup money. We've got a fall in ST sales coming this season.

Be interesting to see the club accounts and see how much our debt has increased (he told us we were nearly debt free) and how much wage spend has changed.

• Like 1

Bottom half finish. Owner isn't interested in promotion, it's not what he is here for.

We will lose the keeper, Lang and Clarke minimum. Our best three players and three of the best in their position in the league IMO. If anyone thinks our owner will replace them with anything similar is bonkers. We lost Surridge and signed Vera. Expect more of the same.

Agents make money from transfers and % of players wages. What is Maouche on again? 

Still I think we will get one or two overseas players on top whack contracts in. Their agents will probably pocket half their wages. What was Queensy on again?

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Maouche on top wages not getting on the bench when we went down though eh? Bizarre. 

B team at Tours to Oldham's top earner and not getting a game eh? Bizarre.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, seen the story myself. Luckily there are no similarities in that to the way our club is being run...

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

And where would the money come from to make that kind of thing worthwhile, we're a skint League 2 football club?? :mmm:*cough* 

I'm not implying anything either Barry, nothing to see here...

Definitely no similarities to Belgium. 

It all seems like a lot of messing about to funnel a few quid from Maouche's and a few others wages....

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It all seems like a lot of messing about to funnel a few quid from Maouche's and a few others wages....

Not sure anyone is suggesting it's happening here. Happened in Belgium though i think.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

I guess it depends where the money is coming from?

Even then.

If he was making money from being a football agent surely he could have just done a bit more work and closed an extra 2 or 3 deals a month to make the same extra money rather than all the fucking about he's done so far with OAFC? 

59 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If it a Belgium jobby, could or would they try and sue someone saying it on a fan forum? 

I seriously doubt that a club in England would end up like that. EFL wouldn't allow it. 

We're just paying stupid wages for shite players.

50 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Even if it was happening at Latics, you could wash more than a few quid. 

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Expectations. The Trust to have their hair ruffled again by Abdallah on Friday during this meeting and tell us everything is alright...

....I don’t think they had their hair ruffled by AL’s (late) response to their open letter. If anything, I’d say many of the regular fan base were more placated by it that the Trust, who’s edited/opined version came in for criticism for not being as favourable?

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Vera wasnt signed at the end of the window he made his debut on the 19th at Macc Town the window shuts on the 31st we had a further 2 weeks to look for a striker. We could easily have found another striker had we looked to properly improve the squad rather than the clown give out some jobs for the boys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Even then.

If he was making money from being a football agent surely he could have just done a bit more work and closed an extra 2 or 3 deals a month to make the same extra money rather than all the fucking about he's done so far with OAFC? 

Was he actually making money as an agent?

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Expectations. The Trust to have their hair ruffled again by Abdallah on Friday during this meeting and tell us everything is alright...

Darren doesn't have much hair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Even then.

His brother’s Agency doesn’t seem to be making / have brokered many - recent - transfers if their website is to be believed. Maybe they’re not doing that well?

46 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

When are the accounts due?

A deliberate change to the financial year extending the period by 3 months. Now due by 27th June. These will be the period covering the takeover, so very enlightening.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, singe said:

A deliberate change to the financial year extending the period by 3 months. Now due by 27th June. These will be the period covering the takeover, so very enlightening.

Thanks Singe -I'll definitely be scrutinizing these when released. The irony is they could show he may have really bankrolled us since the takeover, to a level way above what most of us think....I'm not sure it would change my view significantly on him, however I'm really curious about just much cash he has actually ploughed into us.