Expectations For Next Season

42 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Thanks Singe -I'll definitely be scrutinizing these when released. The irony is they could show he may have really bankrolled us since the takeover, to a level way above what most of us think....I'm not sure it would change my view significantly on him, however I'm really curious about just much cash he has actually ploughed into us.

Yes, it might not show on these accounts, but am curious to t know who much he spent too, and if any has been converted to other debt forms.

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Thanks Singe -I'll definitely be scrutinizing these when released. The irony is they could show he may have really bankrolled us since the takeover, to a level way above what most of us think....I'm not sure it would change my view significantly on him, however I'm really curious about just much cash he has actually ploughed into us.

Me too.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has chucked a lot of money at us and I'd give him credit if he has done. 

The concerns for me going forward are the amount of money he has wasted so far, mainly on wages, contract terminations of players and manager sackings, and whether he has the means to fund us as he (supposedly) has in the last 18+ months.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Me too.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has chucked a lot of money at us and I'd give him credit if he has done. 

The concerns for me going forward are the amount of money he has wasted so far, mainly on wages, contract terminations of players and manager sackings, and whether he has the means to fund us as he (supposedly) has in the last 18+ months.

I'd be more worried that he might want his money back...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's coming...

Yes.  Did anyone seriously expect anything more than that though? 

The trust is conflicted.  I’ve been really boring, but consistent, in saying this for years. 

I wonder if they shared their plans on buying the stadium with him? 

• Like 1

There is so many people against the trust yet won’t do anything to change it? Join as a board member and start changing it for the better only other option is to start an independent Oldham supporters trust. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

There is so many people against the trust yet won’t do anything to change it? Join as a board member and start changing it for the better only other option is to start an independent Oldham supporters trust. 

Sick of hearing if you don't like it join or start your own. 

If you don't like how AL is running Latics, join the board like he asked fans to do or set up your own club.

That's the same argument back at you

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If you don't like how AL is running Latics, join the board like he asked fans to do or set up your own club.

It really isn’t given how much it costs to set up a club. And it wouldn’t be Oldham athletic. 

Its easy to snipe from the sidelines, or to praise from the sidelines for that matter. The difficult bit is sticking your neck on the line to try and do something about it. 

There is no one solution or path that will please 100% of fans. But what I’m sure would be welcome if those with differing views and opinions could come together to try and offer constructive suggestions as opposed to the twisting of words to reach some sort of sensationalist conclusion. 

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It really isn’t the same, really bad argument. 

As Nzlatic has said financially starting a new club is far too much but joining the trust and sticking your thoughts ideas in or starting a new trust is achievable. You can’t keep moaning about a voluntary trust when you are not willing to engage and look at new ideas. 

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

AL wanted 1 fan. 

The trust want as many possible. 

Starting a supporters group or starting a whole new club? 

It couldn’t be more different. 

Why do you spend so much time criticising something you’ve no interest in? 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

AL wanted 1 fan. 

The trust want as many possible. 

Starting a supporters group or starting a whole new club? 

It couldn’t be more different. 

Why do you spend so much time criticising something you’ve no interest in? 

I have interest in Latics. 

20 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Not enough to get involved clearly. 

Why would I get involved with an organisation that clearly has no idea what it's doing, how its going to do it and will change it's tune after a few words from the owner. Previous directors have defected to the club. A director has resigned because the trust can't even reach agreement on it's own plan of action. 

They rewrite letters from the owner (who is clearly useless himself) to suit their own agenda.

They were moaning because they didn't get an instant meeting with the owner, an owner who suggested they wait while the main director of the trust was back to attend. That to me seemed sensible. 

They supported a protest, then they didn't. Then they got a meeting they wanted, then they refuse to even give a vague idea what the meeting was about.

Talk about a shambles. It's not just Latics' ownership that's a circus

🤡🤡🤡

They have zero funds and have absolutely no weight behind them in regards to moving forward. They couldn't fund the club, they couldn't run the club within it's means if push came to shove.

The only thing they seem to do, is demand from the owner what they couldn't do themselves. 

Comments from more than one Trust member suggests they'd be happy even if we were playing in the conference north as long as the chairman kisses their arse and tells them everything is ok

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why would I get involved with an organisation that clearly has no idea what it's doing, how its going to do it and will change it's tune after a few words from the owner.

Think you have answered your own question. 

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Think you have answered your own question. 

I like how you ignored every other point I made. My voice wouldn't change anything. As proven by past events, there are obviously a select few who will run it the way they want, as with any organisation 

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I like how you ignored every other point I made. My voice wouldn't change anything. As proven by past events, there are obviously a select few who will run it the way they want, as with any organisation 

All your points are fixed on the same thing. How do you know nothing will change? Can’t say that until you’ve done it.