Expectations For Next Season

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I like your comments and think they are insightful and well thought out. However ..... you’d said you wouldn’t comment till next season, about a week ago?

I know I did - apologies 🙄

34 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I like your comments and think they are insightful and well thought out. However ..... you’d said you wouldn’t comment till next season, about a week ago?

Well last season has finished - so it must be next season...

Edited by Dave_Og

Expectations for next season?

I’d say relegation. Squad decimated, player of the season (and club captain) released, most gifted player released, no doubt to be replaced with second raters. AL or ML interfering again. All adds up to disaster as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 5

If only the fans stuck to a blanket boycott.  However, a fair number opt to remain oblivious to it all and blindly buy STs regardless.

The Clown would then realise that he needs to commit or declare that he’s potless and place the club up for sale.

Im anticipating a summer lacking any ambition regarding acquisitions, a season of struggle and battling our league status.  Would you buy a ST on the basis of that?  I’m definitely not.  

Appreciate it’s a Catch 22 and he needs ticket money from us to fund the team but you trust him to deliver or waste the money on his own agenda....whatever that may be

You look at what has happened tonight, see what Utd have done year after year! Then what city, who were down with us are doing now! Are we being punished by the gods? I never saw the pinch me seasons, just pain and religation after religation! 

Just watching the oldham Southampton game! We scored 66 in the prem that’s t more than Chelsea in third the season. The players that game  to name a few Gerrard , pointen, Fleming , gunnar ( who played like a forward !) Jobson (my fav player of all time ) redmond Milligan , Henry, Ritchie, onley , not sure Bernard played but joint best player . I’ve had a few and sound like  shucky! But how , how on earth are we in this mess? That team, would survive in the prem today! Truly believe thay! The hand we have been dealt has been horrific! But when u watch that, I believe I , I have to believe we will rise again . Sadly that was the team , my only true memories are the season after that we went down with , my memories of the prem, the last days! But we must rise! We must outlive this cretin ! WE MUST RISE! Was he there then! No was he fuck, does he have the memories a lot of you have ? Sadly I don’t , no does he fucj! We’re bigger than him! We will go on OAFC!!!

• Like 1

We can see the fans expectations by the drop in ST sales.

Mine are for us to be mid to bottom of the table, flirting with relegation for most of the season. I can also see a scenario where Marco does a midnight flit and we end up in administration and get relegated. I’ll begrudgingly take my first expectation as the preferred outcome at this stage. 

I have no plans to visit BP next season, my support for Latics will be away days only. 

29 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

We can see the fans expectations by the drop in ST sales.

Mine are for us to be mid to bottom of the table, flirting with relegation for most of the season. I can also see a scenario where Marco does a midnight flit and we end up in administration and get relegated. I’ll begrudgingly take my first expectation as the preferred outcome at this stage. 

I have no plans to visit BP next season, my support for Latics will be away days only. 

Administration would have to be funded, who or what is doing that?

On 5/8/2019 at 11:18 PM, latics22 said:

Just watching the oldham Southampton game! We scored 66 in the prem that’s t more than Chelsea in third the season. The players that game  to name a few Gerrard , pointen, Fleming , gunnar ( who played like a forward !) Jobson (my fav player of all time ) redmond Milligan , Henry, Ritchie, onley , not sure Bernard played but joint best player . I’ve had a few and sound like  shucky! But how , how on earth are we in this mess? That team, would survive in the prem today! Truly believe thay! The hand we have been dealt has been horrific! But when u watch that, I believe I , I have to believe we will rise again . Sadly that was the team , my only true memories are the season after that we went down with , my memories of the prem, the last days! But we must rise! We must outlive this cretin ! WE MUST RISE! Was he there then! No was he fuck, does he have the memories a lot of you have ? Sadly I don’t , no does he fucj! We’re bigger than him! We will go on OAFC!!!

Sadly this is where our problems started. 

When we were in the prem we had a small minded div 4 board of directors. Their attitude was , Wow never thought I would live to see this so let's just enjoy it whilst we are here.

There was no attempt to try and sell the club or attract investment,  it was a bunch of old men with no foresight. When we did eventually get relegated our then board were just celebrating the fact we had 3 glorious years in the prem. The first thing they did after relegation was to clear out anyone earning more than £500 week.

Inevitably another relegation followed and the rest is history.

Look at the teams that finished below us when we won the old div2.

WHU, Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton, Wolves to name just a few and look where most of these are now. Also look at the stadiums they are playing in and the investments ploughed in.

I know their fan bases are much bigger than ours etc but teams like Burnley & Bournemouth have proved this doesn't need to be an obstacle. 

I know people slam the likes of Moore's, Corney  and now AL but it all started with a group of very small minded business men who made one very lucky decision ( based on taking a cheap option ) by appointing Joe Royle.

We can only prey that sometime in the future whoever the owner is makes the same very lucky decision we did back in the 80s.

Edited by losesome
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, losesome said:

Sadly this is where our problems started. 

When we were in the prem we had a small minded div 4 board of directors. Their attitude was , Wow never thought I would live to see this so let's just enjoy it whilst we are here.

There was no attempt to try and sell the club or attract investment,  it was a bunch of old men with no foresight. When we did eventually get relegated our then board were just celebrating the fact we had 3 glorious years in the prem. The first thing they did after relegation was to clear out anyone earning more than £500 week.

Inevitably another relegation followed and the rest is history.

Look at the teams that finished below us when we won the old div2.

WHU, Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton, Wolves to name just a few and look where most of these are now. Also look at the stadiums they are playing in and the investments ploughed in.

I know their fan bases are much bigger than ours etc but teams like Burnley & Bournemouth have proved this doesn't need to be an obstacle. 

I know people slam the likes of Moore's, Corney  and now AL but it all started with a group of very small minded business men who made one very lucky decision ( based on taking a cheap option ) by appointing Joe Royle.

We can only prey that sometime in the future whoever the owner is makes the same very lucky decision we did back in the 80s.

And then gives that manager some time in the hot seat to re-establish the nucleus of a squad

21 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

So they can afford to buy a stand, yet can't fund an administrator for a few months whilst a new buyer is found? Sounds legit.

It would be pretty hard to get a bank to  provide finance to fund a company in administration!! Not so difficult to get finance to fund a going concern like the OEC👍🏻

Edited by ghostofcecere

36 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

It would be pretty hard to get a bank to  provide finance to fund a company in administration!! Not so difficult to get finance to fund a going concern like the OEC👍🏻

A loss-making going concern with a non-paying main customer...