Sir Jim Ratcliffe

Be nice is he could put a bit our way!

From Manchester Evening News.
1 May 2019.

Manchester United fan and Britain's richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe refuses to rule out Chelsea takeover bid.

The comments from Oldham-born Ratcliffe may spark a Chelsea ownership debate.

Britain's richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe has opened up on his potential interest in buying Chelsea .

Ratcliffe was born in Oldham and is a Manchester United fan but has been heavily linked with a takeover of the Blues in recent months.

Chelsea have been owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich since 2003 but Ratcliffe has previously spoken of his interest in purchasing the London club.

Ratcliffe has a reported net worth of £21billion and amassed the fortune thanks to Ineos, his multinational chemicals company. He is the new owner of cycling giant Team Sky and is set to rename it Team Ineos, but is now aiming to also move deeper into football. The 66-year-old also owns FC Lausanne-Sport in Switzerland.

The billionaire has been asked again about his subsequent interest in Chelsea, with the businessman by no means dismissing the rumours when they were raised.

"I'm a tortured Manchester United fan. We have dipped our toe in the water with football," Ratcliffe told the BBC .

"It's a very different sport and it's complicated. We are in the process of learning. We bought this club in Switzerland and that's really been educational.

"We haven't got to where we have got to in our chemicals and business world by being rash and stupid.

"We recognise it's a very complex world. We are not in a desperate hurry to get to the end game."

When asked again if he was interested in buying Chelsea, Ratcliffe said: "You never say no."

Not Oldham born. Born in Failsworth which may be in the Borough now but wasn't then. He has said he loves sport at the elite level. Americas Cup yachting, Team Ineos (ex Sky) and there's not much doubt he's talked about Chelsea. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Not Oldham born. Born in Failsworth which may be in the Borough now but wasn't then. He has said he loves sport at the elite level. Americas Cup yachting, Team Ineos (ex Sky) and there's not much doubt he's talked about Chelsea. 

I’m from failsworth! Still support oldham! Can u imagine what that money could do for us! We could become the next City!

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Successful ? Has he even ever won anything ? 

successful

/səkˈsɛsfʊl,səkˈsɛsf(ə)l/

adjective

accomplishing a desired aim or result.

"a successful attack on the town"

synonyms:victorious, triumphant; More

having achieved fame, wealth, or social status.

"a successful actor"

39 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

successful

/səkˈsɛsfʊl,səkˈsɛsf(ə)l/

adjective

accomplishing a desired aim or result.

"a successful attack on the town"

synonyms:victorious, triumphant; More

having achieved fame, wealth, or social status.

"a successful actor"

So his aim was to do terrible at the only big club he’s been at ? He wasn’t very victorious or triumphant there from memory ? Which don’t get me wrong was fucking great 😁

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So his aim was to do terrible at the only big club he’s been at ? He wasn’t very victorious or triumphant there from memory ? Which don’t get me wrong was fucking great 😁

What are you talking about?? 

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

What are you talking about?? 

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Beat me to it 

David Moyes being a far from successful manager. Why what are you going on about ? 

Any need for the scathing attack ? 😩😳

But now I see I’m getting my wires crossed and strangely we’re tslking about the thread title 😳😂. As you were. I’m not gonna deny that anyone’s name beginning with Sir is not successful. Apologies 

second edit : now I’ve just realised the Moyes thing was in another thread. Been a long day. Go easy. 

• 2 months later...

Archived