OWTB Player Of The Season 2018-2019

OWTB Player Of The Season  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Player of the Season for 2018-2019?

• Jose Baxter
    • Johan Branger-Engone
    • Peter Clarke
    • George Edmundson
    • Tom Hamer
    • Rob Hunt
    • Daniel Iversen
    • Callum Lang
    • Mohamed Maouche
    • Christopher Missilou
    • Gevaro Nepomuceno
    • Chris O'Grady

This is the (unofficial) OWTB Player of the Season poll.

Who's your choice for the 2018-2019 Latics Player of the Season?

I've used a minimum of 25 appearances as the only qualifying condition.

:OWTB1:

Edited by LaticMark

As we don't need to send a message to our owner, I am going for Callum Lang.

Excellent attitiude, crucial times in the match, and gone above and beyond in the school visits etc.

He feels like one of our own, shame he isn't.

• Like 1

I voted for Edmondson in this I think he's been excellent this season throughout. Sadly I expect him to leave this summer which is a shame but I won't begrudge him a move he's shown strength and composure and the fact he gets into the L2 team of the year proves how highly his opponents think about him.

Daniel Iverson deserves some recognition for his form he's been excellent throughout the season. However it looks like Callum Lang is winning the poll at the moment I won't begrudge him winning it he's been superb. Sometimes when players come on loan from bigger clubs to us for a season some of them look like they don't fancy it we can't say that about these 2 they both appear to have just got on with it and grafted. It probably helps that someonelse is paying their wages as they don't have that to worry about that at the end of the month, but still they deserve recognition for the effort both have put in this season.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not played the required 25 games the poll creator specified was the ONLY qualifying condition. Probably not even played that many in 2 or 3 seasons has he ?

That's unfortunate, he'd have been a shoo-in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not played the required 25 games the poll creator specified was the ONLY qualifying condition. Probably not even played that many in 2 or 3 seasons has he ?

Coke has made 16 appearances over the last 4 seasons! However, as he's contracted to Latics until 2020 I'm sure he'll be a roaring success next season!!

:wink:

• Like 1

Clarke over Lang but only by a whisker. If Lang had been played in his proper position all season then I think he'd have had 20 goals and it wouldn't be close.

Honourable mentions for Nepo and Iversen.

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Coke has made 16 appearances over the last 4 seasons! However, as he's contracted to Latics until 2020 I'm sure he'll be a roaring success next season!!

:wink:

I’m hoping his 2nd year was based on appearances in the 1st..... otherwise someone wants shooting.

• Like 1

Clarke has been a powerhouse and just shades it from Lang, George has come of age thanks to the captain and he'll easily move on to another level.

Nepo is a great player and we need his skill and energy if we're to mount a challenge next season and God willing I'll be around to see it.