Squad movements, summer 2019

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

We already knew it wasn’t happening because Cloughies mate told Bondline over a week ago and Bondline told all of us.

It should therefore be sinking in that the Lemmy’s haven’t got a hope in hell of attracting decent players....

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

It should therefore be sinking in that the Lemmy’s haven’t got a hope in hell of attracting decent players....

You don’t know that Andy. 

I’m not saying we are well run. We clearly aren’t. But Mills was offered a deal at the comparatively very well run Rochdale (and others) and turned it down to come to us. Woods had offers elsewhere as well. Your taking your opinion of AL and then just making stuff up. 

There may well be one or two players who do turn us down because of our rep, but who cares? We only want players who want to play for us anyway. Like Mills and woods. 

We are where we are with the chairman. Can we live in hope for few weeks, without the constant reminder of how shit we are.  

We get it. 

Lets see where the squad is at the end of the August. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You don’t know that Andy. 

I’m not saying we are well run. We clearly aren’t. But Mills was offered a deal at the comparatively very well run Rochdale (and others) and turned it down to come to us. Woods had offers elsewhere as well. Your taking your opinion of AL and then just making stuff up. 

There may well be one or two players who do turn us down because of our rep, but who cares? We only want players who want to play for us anyway. Like Mills and woods. 

We are where we are with the chairman. Can we live in hope for few weeks, without the constant reminder of how shit we are.  

We get it. 

Lets see where the squad is at the end of the August. 

I don’t think it’s too far fetched to conclude  what I am.... I hope Mills & Woods turn out to be belting signings... but I fear they’re not in the same class as Maynard, Mayor or Clough.... which is why we have been able to compete with other potential suitors.

I take your point though.

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don’t think it’s too far fetched to conclude  what I am.... I hope Mills & Woods turn out to be belting signings... but I fear they’re not in the same class as Maynard, Mayor or Clough.... which is why we have been able to compete with other potential suitors.

I take your point though.

Very few teams in the league would be able to compete with them to be fair.

All the tripe being banded about is just a smokescreen to make it appear we are in for these players, there's not a chance any of the players mentioned are coming to us and for a variety of reasons, of course we've probably asked about them and therefore been linked but does anyone seriously think we'd get deals for any of those players over the line with the clowns we've got at the club?

12 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Are the club utterly incapable of announcing if players have rejected new contracts?

Just look at it as no news is good news,not like we will miss them when the next bunch of no hopers arrive.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Do any clubs do it as a matter of course?

They saw fit to announce they were in negotiations. It would be odd not to mention the outcome, especially as it means the difference between them staying or leaving.

21 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

They saw fit to announce they were in negotiations. It would be odd not to mention the outcome, especially as it means the difference between them staying or leaving.

I think the reader can work out whether they have or they haven't, clubs don't routinely shout about rejected contract offers to my knowledge.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think the reader can work out whether they have or they haven't, clubs don't routinely shout about rejected contract offers to my knowledge.

They normally announce when players have left, or have signed new contacts.

Archived