Latics Remembers

For all that is wrong with the running of the club, it does do some things very well. 

In my (biased) view this is an excellent tribute. 

Just a shame that the club needs to do this, but as the French would say, c'est la vie. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

For all that is wrong with the running of the club, it does do some things very well. 

Just a shame that the club needs to do this, but as the French would say, c'est la vie. 

I didn’t realise, condolences. 

Condolences to all others who have lost loved ones this year too. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I'm sorry Ben but was that your father in the montage. 

Just seen this thread - very moving. I find it sad that "Ziggy", a real former character in the Main Stand does not feature. A Polish war veteran (D Day landings) his name was Zygmunt Makowski and, after the war, he settled in Oldham. He ran the Polish ex-servicemen's club in Glodwick for a while and was Latics through and through. I presume these people have to be nominated somewhere in order to feature but his daughter is a steward at Latics and he featured in the match day programme following his death in September 2018 at the grand old age of 94, so I`m really surprised he's not in the video.

Never mind, Ziggy, you'll never be forgotten - one of the best.

• Like 1