2019/20 new home and away shirts.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No club identity again, just another ordinary kit like many others.

They know fans will buy them though out of loyalty to the club.

I think that loyalty will be seriously tested this close season.....

Proof will be in the home gate attendance of next season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No club identity again, just another ordinary kit like many others.

They know fans will buy them though out of loyalty to the club.

Like pretty much every other team’s kit in the entire football league.  It’s just how it is now. Not worth getting upset about. 

Edited by kowenicki

9 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Thought I was gonna miss your annual identity groan post. 

You like it and will pay the rip off prices for a ten a penny design of course?

12 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Don’t think they look great but we’ve had worse.

Main concern for me is the iron on badge. Every shirt I’ve bought my young ‘un the logo has come off after a bit.....is the badge going to do the same? Not paying £40 for in essence what will become a plain top with go faster stripes on the sleeves!

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

Think You need a new washing machine ...

Or just follow the instructions better. The last shirt I bought, the one from the season we beat Liverpool, is still in decent nick. I've not worn it in ages though. 

Usually they don't go in the drier and need to be washed at 30°C. 

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You like it and will pay the rip off prices for a ten a penny design of course?

Nope. I don’t wear replica shirts as I’ve stated earlier in the thread because I’m a grown man. 

This is identity you talk about ? What was so unique about it ‘back in the day’ ? Were we the only team in the land playing in blue or orange ? 

So long as our players can identify their teammates and preferably pass the ball to them that’ll do me. 

FFS BP you used  to be fun now you just whine and moan like my missus. Give it a rest it’s not healthy 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Nope. I don’t wear replica shirts as I’ve stated earlier in the thread because I’m a grown man. 

This is identity you talk about ? What was so unique about it ‘back in the day’ ? Were we the only team in the land playing in blue or orange ? 

So long as our players can identify their teammates and preferably pass the ball to them that’ll do me. 

FFS BP you used  to be fun now you just whine and moan like my missus. Give it a rest it’s not healthy 👍

How ironic you complain of moaning, yet you moan about me.

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Only counts if Bobby Johnstone is wearing the kit...

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ok. 

Please tell me what our identity was ? What was unique ? 

Many clubs retain unique kits -  like Ajax Amsterdam, ours was similar, but in blue.

I've seen better in non league than this non descript outfit.

That's my opinion, which despite your attempt at censorship I'll repeat as much as I wish. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Some may say red and white

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

They’d be wrong if they did actually exist 

No they wouldn't. Oldham, the town, is associated with red and white. That's why our first kits were red and white, and the rugby team still play in red and white. I think that was one of the reasons why that Pony red and blue hooped shirt added red too. 

Red and white is in my view an acceptable answer, the same way blue is and blue and tangerine is, despite our home kit not being blue and tangerine in nearly 50 years. 

I think in the survey of a 100 football fans, blue would get at least 80 votes, blue and white would get some, as would blue and tangerine. Red and white may get one or two, doesn't mean those people are wrong. 

• Thanks 1