2019/20 new home and away shirts.

37 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

For one reason or another I ended up with Darren Beckford's actual match shirt from this season. It was f***ing massive.

I think you know why you ended up with his shirt if you know he’s ducking massive....?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Danish sportswear company hummel will supply the playing kit and training wear for the first team, the academy, development teams, and women and girls sides for the next 3 years.

"In addition, hummel will also be taking over the Club Shop in the Joe Royle Stand. Controlling stock, opening times and providing extra items for sale away from the replica shirts."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/06062019-hummel-partnership/

Edited by LaticMark
hummel - lower case!
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Danish sportswear company Hummel will supply the playing kit and training wear for the first team, the academy, development teams, and women and girls sides for the next 3 years.

"In addition, Hummel will also be taking over the Club Shop in the Joe Royle Stand. Controlling stock, opening times and providing extra items for sale away from the replica shirts."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/06062019-hummel-partnership/

Upper Case 'H' 🙄

2 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Fair enough. I'd argue it's still wrong as it's a company name hence a proper noun regardless of branding. 

I'd argue that Kwik Fit is a spelling mistake but it wouldn't get me anywhere 😂

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Fair enough. I'd argue it's still wrong as it's a company name hence a proper noun regardless of branding. 

Like adidas, amazon, apple, facebook etc etc you mean....?

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If we’re still in existence...

Yeah, big company like hummel aligns themselves with a tinpot club that hasn't got more than one season left in it.

As if.

Fights that matter[edit]

hummel boosts its commitment to changing the world through sport, pledging to donate 1% of its online turnover to FIGHTS THAT MATTER.

The first project to benefit from the 1% funding pool is Girl Power, an organisation founded by Afghan football pioneer Khalida Popal. She is the former captain of the Afghan women’s football team, as well as a leader in the fight for Muslim women’s right to play sport. Sports brand hummel debuted the first soccer jersey with a built-in hijab (hijab jersey) for the Afghanistan women's soccer team.

hummel is a ethical company and that is something to be embraced, in this day and age.

Give the club some credit...for once.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

hummel is a ethical company and that is something to be embraced, in this day and age.

It's great to see but I highly doubt the ethics of hummel is the motivating factor in appointing them as our suppliers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It's great to see but I highly doubt the ethics of hummel is the motivating factor in appointing them as our suppliers.

Obviously it's not the sole factor, there are probably many others, the biggest being financial but way I see it, the club and the supplier have to work together to make the deal...it's not like Latics are doing hummel a favour, is it? 

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Come on guys,  the lower case h police should be all over this one.

It's the fist letter in a sentence, surely that takes precedence over branding!

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Obviously it's not the sole factor, there are probably many others, the biggest being financial but way I see it, the club and the supplier have to work together to make the deal...it's not like Latics are doing hummel a favour, is it? 

Brand exposure, yeah. They don’t have many teams they supply. Plus they’ll be able to sell some Rangers shirts through their new shop, will please a few on here. 

I suppose we have to give abit of credit here with a small c. A new kit deal and a renovated club shop, off the back of us bringing in a new commercial manager, and the appointment of a board of directors, and improved communication with the Trust atleast shows some progress off the pitch.

Now we need to make the right footballing decisions. Appoint a Head Coach give him a say in recruitment (That should be something that is a collective decision between SD, Head Coach and Owner) and only spend what we can afford. Give the Head Coach total autonomy on tactics, team selection, and judge them over the course of a full season minimum (unless we are heading for relegation only then make a change)

Im still far from optimistic about the immediate future. I still have little to no confidence in the owner but if we do a few more things right, then we might start resembling a football club again rather than a circus.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...