Boundary Park buy out

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he tries closing the stand having already sold tickets for it then he might as well hand in the keys at the same time.

For me, people who have already bought a season ticket are amongst our most ardent fans and open to moving stands if AL closes the JoeRoyle Stand saying the Club would be losing money if we used it.

Some ill feeling granted but the vast majority just want to support the team 

I will always support a FLG with honourable intentions. It's vital, however, that we know what "the end game" is (pardon the pun) i.e. the upcoming meeting is crucial. It mustn't just be about the intended purchase etc. - it must inform us as to the final vision they have in mind. That way, they may well be able to unite the fans as nobody has been able to throughout the past few horrible years. I assume they read this board. PLEASE ensure your communication is crystal clear and no "cloak and dagger". If you want to oust AL - tell us how you intend to do it - and the vast majority will then probably back you and take some pain along the way. 

13 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I will always support a FLG with honourable intentions. It's vital, however, that we know what "the end game" is (pardon the pun) i.e. the upcoming meeting is crucial. It mustn't just be about the intended purchase etc. - it must inform us as to the final vision they have in mind. That way, they may well be able to unite the fans as nobody has been able to throughout the past few horrible years. I assume they read this board. PLEASE ensure your communication is crystal clear and no "cloak and dagger". If you want to oust AL - tell us how you intend to do it - and the vast majority will then probably back you and take some pain along the way. 

I agree, but I can’t see them being that honest about it.  It would pretty much confirm that their statements thus far are disingenuous at best. 

Edited by kowenicki

JWL AL SC FLG TTA ...OAFC...it's going to be a glorious season with a horrible drama in the background, I do miss a good full back flowing in harmony with a winger...bob colville a false number 9...We used to talk about the game not the owners 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I agree, but I can’t see them being that honest about it.  It would pretty much confirm that their statements thus far are disingenuous at best. 

Nothing like having an open mind is there kow?

If AL may refuse to use OEC/Joe Royle stand for fixtures this season, then surely them going ahead with the purchase wouldn't happen? Doesn't make much business sense unless they can make a profit off a fans bar and other non-football related events?

On 7/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, kowenicki said:

Given the club ownership and the stadium ‘ownership’ situation right now, I’m more inclined toward this at the minute from the fans perspective... 

I’ll stuck with this stance for now... 

please god the fan group have someone and something more than we know so far.... 

I don't think this has gone very well for AL today. The club is probably more divided than it's ever been, maybe this is what he wants?

It's ridiculous to come out with a statement like that, vague and with no facts, hoping people will buy your opinion instead. Instead you've not even got into a meeting with them to discuss the deal despite repeated attempts to do so from FLG.

47 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Honest about what? Saying they want to oust the owner of the football club? That would be one hell of an aggressive objective to announce. I wouldn’t go public with that, even if I harboured those thoughts....

....Blitz wants to sell the land.... he could develop houses / flog it to amazon/Tesco et al.... Marco hasn’t got the money to buy it.... so this group have stepped in (they may require funding) to save it from that outcome. If Marco ran the club properly - you cannot argue that he does - then they may be happy to park any ambition to oust him, even if they ultimately would like to.

If Marco is running the club in such a way that we run the risk of admin/liquidation, then the FLG being his landlord may just be the thing that saves the club in the end.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Honest about what? Saying they want to oust the owner of the football club? That would one hell of an aggressive objective to announce. I wouldn’t go public with that, even if I harboured those thoughts....

....Blitz wants to sell the land.... he could develop houses / flog it to amazon/Tesco et al.... Marco hasn’t got the money to buy it.... so this group have stepped in (they may require funding) to save it from that outcome. If Marco ran the club properly - you cannot argue that he does - then they may be happy to park any ambition to oust him, even if they ultimately would like to.

If Marco is running the club in such a way that we run the risk of admin/liquidation, then they FLG being his landlord may just be the things that saves the club in the end.

They do harbour those thoughts and they won’t announce it, I agree with you,

Look, I don’t necessarily disagree with any of your post, but I am allowed to think their approach so far hasn’t been great. I think it’s been poor.  They might blow my mind with their announcement though... I hope. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Macca said:

I don't think this has gone very well for AL today. The club is probably more divided than it's ever been, maybe this is what he wants?

It's ridiculous to come out with a statement like that, vague and with no facts, hoping people will buy your opinion instead. Instead you've not even got into a meeting with them to discuss the deal despite repeated attempts to do so from FLG.

It is almost Corneyesque, desperate and divisive, spinning a yarn for sympathy and feeding the masses bullshit to cover their own incompetence. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Macca said:

For what it's worth, I think AL wants his imports to be superstars, we storm up the League playing amazing football, successive promotions, sell players for millions while bringing new ones almost as good for tuppence, big backers and sponsors attracted, Latics fans are happier than ever and love him, fans from all around start to follow us, Champions League Trophy and a statue of him in solid gold erected by public subscription outside the 90,000 AL Stadium (which he owns). I'm just not quite sure he's getting there yet.

Barry would have settled for the statue.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

My assumption is that 1) there was, at some point, a fall out between Blitz/Gazal and AL 2) with good intention, the FLG exploited this and approached Bltz/Gazal 3) Blitz/Gazal consider it better to "sell" to the FLG (maybe with a sprinkling of ulterior motive too) 4) the plan is for the FLG to raise the necessary capital in order to eventually purchase the whole ground/land etc.

Or Blitz wants to cut his years of losses and the FLG think they can make it pay off the loan to build it. Blitz hasn’t made the money that people think he has. 

• Like 2

FLG no money and dont own didly squat. However happy to increase costs to "their club", you know thealready skint one. If they really had the clubs best interest at heart they would be looking at ways to reduce costs! It a blatant act of rocking the boat, knowing al would respond this way. I'm no al fan, but at least he is now paying wages on time and hopefully we are on a better financial footing. These guys dont  have a pot to piss in and playing Russian roulette with our club!

Edited by latics22
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

For what it's worth, I think AL wants his imports to be superstars, we storm up the League playing amazing football, successive promotions, sell players for millions while bringing new ones almost as good for tuppence, big backers and sponsors attracted, Latics fans are happier than ever and love him, fans from all around start to follow us, Champions League Trophy and a statue of him in solid gold erected by public subscription outside the 90,000 AL Stadium (which he owns). I'm just not quite sure he's getting there yet.

Barry would have settled for the statue erected by pub(l)ic subscription.

Well, he is a bit of a knob, apparently. So I'm told.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Or Blitz wants to cut his years of losses and the FLG think they can make it pay off the loan to build it. Blitz hasn’t made the money that people think he has. 

It’s a possibility Blitz is playing all of this... isn’t it? (To his own advantage I mean). 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

It’s a possibility Blitz is playing all of this... isn’t it? (To his own advantage I mean). 

I seriously doubt it’s to much of an advantage. He’s been propping Corney up for years. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I seriously doubt it’s to much of an advantage. He’s been propping Corney up for years. 

.....he was to blame for leaving Corney in charge though... they - TTA - could’ve sold lock, stock & barrel on more than one occasion, but were asking silly money.... I hope the FLG have made him see sense on price.... although I fear not.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 2