Boundary Park buy out

11 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Who is are the fans that are part of the group?

What is their connection to the trust?

When they refer to 'the purchase' of the ground, land etc. Is this in the offing or just a proposition at the moment?

Where is the money coming from to fund this?

This.  we know about as much as we did yesterday. 

I was hoping this could be revealed to Trust members first. Nothing from the Trust so far. Weird how it is some basic wordpress site.

I was excited by this but I've more questions than answers right now.

I guess once the operational team are revealed more will become clear.

Can anyone confirm that the wages for OEC staff are paid by Oldham Event Centre Ltd?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Does it? Why? 

And what do you mean by “back”.  Wasn’t aware we ever had it. 

A club is nothing with out the fan  Al said so.For to long  it has been owned by different parties owning different bits thanks to the three amigos who are not fans or have the best  interest of the club at heart ,if it’s owned  by a fan led group  that does have the best interest of the club  then to me it feels like it’s the first step in getting it back to being  under one ownership    Don’t know how long you   been a fan koweniki  but I bet it feels  different now to when you first started supporting us 

Seems fairly straightforward, at this stage it says there's an agreement for the fan led group to run the OEC including providing the club with hospitality under an as yet not completed commercial agreement. I'm guessing, and it is a pure guess, that any stand profits will be split between brassbank and the fan led group which they'll reinvest to finish the stand.

Probably suits Blitz and Gazal as they don't have to put any more money into it and it gives the fan led group a head start on making it fit for purpose whilst negotiating the remainder of the deal to purchase the rest of the assets.

So if that is the scenario it means that, indirectly, AL will be paying for the stand to be finished but still won't own it.

That's my reading and take on it.

5 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

Seems fairly straightforward, at this stage it says there's an agreement for the fan led group to run the OEC including providing the club with hospitality under an as yet not completed commercial agreement. I'm guessing, and it is a pure guess, that any stand profits will be split between brassbank and the fan led group which they'll reinvest to finish the stand.

Probably suits Blitz and Gazal as they don't have to put any more money into it and it gives the fan led group a head start on making it fit for purpose whilst negotiating the remainder of the deal to purchase the rest of the assets.

So if that is the scenario it means that, indirectly, AL will be paying for the stand to be finished but still won't own it.

Well technically the FLG will pay OEC, and OEC pay Brass Bank. Till it is all completed. Staff will transfer to FLG IMHO
One step at a time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Sounds very positive. Good luck to them 

I agree.

Immediately football club wise not sure anything really changes, but hopefully it’s one of the first steps. 

Really positive for the area though, I think it’s a good facility and will be even better when it’s finished. 

I really hope it is successful. 

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if Simon Wood and Simon Brooke are both involved. 

6 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

I don't read it like that. It says the fan led group will take over the running of the stand on May 20th. Why share anything with Brassbank after that?  In effect Brassbank and OEC will have new owners. They have confirmed that the existing agreement for he club to take profits on match days, as they do now, will continue and are awaiting this deal to be done with the club.

I guess this will mean that Blitz and Gazal will have no further involvement in Oldham, unless they have assets in other parts of the town.

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't read it like that. It says the fan led group will take over the running of the stand on May 20th. Why share anything with Brassbank after that?  In effect Brassbank and OEC will have new owners. They have confirmed that the existing agreement for he club to take profits on match days, as they do now, will continue and are awaiting this deal to be done with the club.

I guess this will mean that Blitz and Gazal will have no further involvement in Oldham, unless they have assets in other parts of the town.

It was this paragraph below that made me think it would be a financial split, the in conjunction with the current landowners provided them with a commercial agreement bit. Like I say it's how it read to me. Says there'll be more announcements as time goes on so I'm hoping things will unfold transparently as we go along. Don't think we can see it as anything other than good news really. 

"As we move to our next phase we have, in conjunction with the current landowners, provided the football club with a commercial agreement for the operation of matchday hospitality for the 2019/20 season."

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wordpress blog that looks like it’s been put together by a Year 10 media student doesn’t strike me as professional but hey hoh

They're hoping to buy a footie ground not compete with google.

• Like 2

I agree it feels positive.

I’m still intrigued to know the final destination, structure and ownership.  I presume the trust aren’t involved as they would maybe fall foul of some kind of legal conflict as directors of OAFC... unless they have fully disclosed their intentions to the owner? 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I agree it feels positive.

I’m still intrigued to know the final destination, structure and ownership.  I presume the trust aren’t involved as they would maybe fall foul of some kind of legal conflict as directors of OAFC... unless they have fully disclosed their intentions to the owner? 

Two could play at that game (and there is currently no Trust Director on the board)

At least  Fans are running the operational side and should be better placed to service our demands e.g. a proper fans bar similar to those that we get invited into on our travels. Trying to buy the property is presumably the next stage