Boundary Park buy out

7 hours ago, tGWB said:

Article is on the current plight of Englands oldest football league club Notts County but the writers thoughts on lower league club owners struck a chord  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bailing-out-notts-county-makes-no-financial-sense-but-one-can-only-hope-rg5pz9zfj

I guess 5 million without the debts would be about right. They own the land and hospitality areas. It just shows that all L1 and L2 clubs, and a lot of clubs in the Championship and some in the Prem., are spending money way above their income. The cause of this is obviously players wages. Because of a few clubs at the very top paying silly money to their players (eg. City and Utd.), it filters down so that even the below average L2 player wants over 1k a month. The gates they get, and all round income just can't support it. Eventually, if this carries on there will only be two professional leagues, and L1 and L2 will have to go amateur.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, oafc1955 said:

My decision not to renew my JR season ticket looks to have been the right one. IMO The football is now totally irrelevant and all our energy should be focused on getting this bell end out and as far away from this club as possible.

We’ve spent God knows how many seasons in a three sided ground and now we’ve got the North Stand he’s considering closing the fucker!!!

Who the fuck does he think he is!!!! He is the present custodian of OUR football club and along with Barry fucking Owen and the rest he’s dragging it through the gutter!!!

Although I know nothing about this FLG they have to be a better option than this twat. Let’s hope their presentation next week will lift the doom and gloom.

I’ve had enough of this shite, FFS...LEMSAGAM OUT!!!!!!!!

Can I just ask, If (and I really don't know the answer) the club made absolutely nothing from the fans that use that stand, should AL use it? he cannot close it, it's not his to close.

Edited by Lags

18 hours ago, al_bro said:

I guess 5 million without the debts would be about right. They own the land and hospitality areas. It just shows that all L1 and L2 clubs, and a lot of clubs in the Championship and some in the Prem., are spending money way above their income. The cause of this is obviously players wages. Because of a few clubs at the very top paying silly money to their players (eg. City and Utd.), it filters down so that even the below average L2 player wants over 1k a month. The gates they get, and all round income just can't support it. Eventually, if this carries on there will only be two professional leagues, and L1 and L2 will have to go amateur.

I think the average L2 player would definately want more than £1k a month al.

Edited by BP1960

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Can I just ask, If (and I really don't know the answer) the club made absolutely nothing from the fans that use that stand, should AL use it? he cannot close it, it's not his to close.

He closed it on Saturday 

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Can they bar the clubs directors from it?

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

He closed it on Saturday 

As far as I know, it was open. The club just didn't choose to use the seating.

The question is ( and I really don't know the figures) if after rent the club made no or little money from the fans that use that stand, should AL use it?

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

The question is ( and I really don't know the figures) if after rent the club made no or little money from the fans that use that stand, should AL use it?

Yes, now that they have sold season tickets for it they have no choice but to do.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Yes, now that they have sold season tickets for it they have no choice but to do.

Whilst I agree if I had purchased a ST in there, then that's where I want to sit. The club still have a choice, it might not be a good choice. If no compromise can be reached and rent agreed then I suppose if the club choose not to use the JR stand then they have to offer relocation or refund. 

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Whilst I agree if I had purchased a ST in there, then that's where I want to sit. The club still have a choice, it might not be a good choice. If no compromise can be reached and rent agreed then I suppose if the club choose not to use the JR stand then they have to offer relocation or refund. 

Nuclear option that, not sure they can go through with it.

I think a solution will be found one way or another.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Nuclear option that, not sure they can go through with it.

I think a solution will be found one way or another.

I hope so. 

We all want better players, that tend to need paying more but without income into the club it's not going to happen.

23 minutes ago, Lags said:

He bought the club knowing the cost of the rent, he has just not been too good at paying it. New (to be confirmed) landlords want the rent paying promptly. The blame is entirely his. 

Given we could afford a tour of Morocco I am sure we can afford the rent on the stand for some time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He bought the club knowing the cost of the rent, he has just not been too good at paying it. New (to be confirmed) landlords want the rent paying promptly. The blame is entirely his. 

Given we could afford a tour of Morocco I am sure we can afford the rent on the stand for some time. 

I am not apportioning blame to anyone Clifford. It was a question asking what the board members thought regarding making money or not for the club and should the club use the stand if it doesn't make any money from it. Where it would should those fans sit in other stands?. The FLG currently are looking after the OEC running so it requires them amd the club to strike a deal everyone accepts. 

36 minutes ago, Lags said:

I am not apportioning blame to anyone Clifford. It was a question asking what the board members thought regarding making money or not for the club and should the club use the stand if it doesn't make any money from it. Where it would should those fans sit in other stands?. The FLG currently are looking after the OEC running so it requires them amd the club to strike a deal everyone accepts. 

What if they aren't making money but still covering the costs to build it? If they don't keep up the payments and the bank takes control, we'd be in a worse position IMO.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

What if they aren't making money but still covering the costs to build it? If they don't keep up the payments and the bank takes control, we'd be in a worse position IMO.

Brassbank own the OEC, do they?

So if Brassbank still owe money it's they who stand to lose it to the banks. Why is that the clubs problem?. The club might even get it back from the Banks cheaper.

I take your point though if Brassbank really want the club to pay for their stand and the club don't, then they could lose it if they don't pay it themselves.  

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Well they have made £270 out of me in March having paid early for the “privilege “ of reserving the seat I sit in.

The club were happy to take my money knowing the bonkers arrangements re ownership of the stand. How can they suddenly decide to change things.

”One Town , One Team” .......haha. Don’t make me laugh.

1 minute ago, mossleyblue said:

Well they have made £270 out of me in March having paid early for the “privilege “ of reserving the seat I sit in.

The club were happy to take my money knowing the bonkers arrangements re ownership of the stand. How can they suddenly decide to change things.

”One Town , One Team” .......haha. Don’t make me laugh.

Fair play, you think they should. So it's yes from you

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Brassbank own the OEC, do they?

So if Brassbank still owe money it's they who stand to lose it to the banks. Why is that the clubs problem?. The club might even get it back from the Banks cheaper.

I take your point though if Brassbank really want the club to pay for their stand and the club don't, then they could lose it if they don't pay it themselves.  

Brassbank don't own OEC, its a separate entity. The owner of Brassbank is also a part owner of the OEC.

He sold seaon tickets , 100 Club, car parking and hospitality based on use of the OEC, so clearly did not have an issue then. it's only the 4% increase that has triggered his toy chucking.

It's the clubs problem due to contractual agreements. The agreements will be used to pay the OEC repayments though.

Also, it is not neccesarily the banks that are the creditors.

Edited by singe