Boundary Park buy out

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I agree it feels positive.

I’m still intrigued to know the final destination, structure and ownership.  I presume the trust aren’t involved as they would maybe fall foul of some kind of legal conflict as directors of OAFC... unless they have fully disclosed their intentions to the owner? 

Can't see any conflict for a 3% shareholder that has had no board representation 

2 hours ago, singe said:

I was hoping this could be revealed to Trust members first. Nothing from the Trust so far. Weird how it is some basic wordpress site.

I was excited by this but I've more questions than answers right now.

I guess once the operational team are revealed more will become clear.

Can anyone confirm that the wages for OEC staff are paid by Oldham Event Centre Ltd?

My understanding is that they are, and the football club then pay a fee to OEC to provide hospitality.... as you can imagine, this may not have been paid, allegedly.

4 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

My understanding is that they are, and the football club then pay a fee to OEC to provide hospitality.... as you can imagine, this may not have been paid, allegedly.

So the fans group could bring about a winding up order if the bills aren’t paid? 🤔

2 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

So as the owners of the premises the fan led group can charge numbnuts whatever they like rent and make things  pretty hard for him

Doubt it. 

Edited by kowenicki

14 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

I'd say let Abdallah use it free for the sake of the club, but he'd just pocket the savings. Make him pay and release it back for player purchases during transfer windows?

Nah you don't want to do that he will just spunk it on a crap French 8th division player and pay him 5k a week.

This seems like good news and the 1st step to getting rid of the useless scumbag who is currently ruining the football club.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

The following has now been added to the original statement:

Further clarification to the earlier statement:

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. Thus taking over the 364 day operations within the stand.

More details of our proposals will follow, but our stated aim going forward is to generate income for the football club to make it sustainable.

The agreement we are awaiting the club sign off on only relates to Matchday operations.  This is in line with that of previous seasons.  Increases in hospitality purchases in the 19/20 season will therefore directly benefit the club.

The belief of the group is that for Oldham Athletic to be successful going forward the asset i.e. the ground and particularly the North Stand should directly benefit the football club. Our plans involve ensuring exactly this happens.

In view of the fact that we will be making further statements next week we will be making no further comments until then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. Thus taking over the 364 day operations within the stand.

More details of our proposals will follow, but our stated aim going forward is to generate income for the football club to make it sustainable.

The agreement we are awaiting the club sign off on only relates to Matchday operations.  This is in line with that of previous seasons.  Increases in hospitality purchases in the 19/20 season will therefore directly benefit the club.

The belief of the group is that for Oldham Athletic to be successful going forward the asset i.e. the ground and particularly the North Stand should directly benefit the football club. Our plans involve ensuring exactly this happens.

In view of the fact that we will be making further statements next week we will be making no further comments until then. 

That’s more helpful. 

Sounds like this fan based initiative needs as many people through the doors on match day as possible.

...bit of a dilemma for some here then. 🤔 

Edited by kowenicki

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

I want to know what will happen on the other day in 3 years, and other 2 days in leap years. 

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I want to know what will happen on the other day in 3 years, and other 2 days in leap years. 

We’ll all be at home, eating turkey and sprouts, having a few drinks and playing charades 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

We’ll all be at home, eating turkey and sprouts, having a few drinks and playing charades 

I'd have thought given the hospitality nature of the facilities that they might be open on Christmas Day. I know a few restaurants etc that are open on Christmas Day. 

Doesn't account for Feb 29th either. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Until he appoints his brother as manager. 

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not if the money is still going to AL

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Mine continues until the club is run by someone who gives a fuck.

So you aren’t supporting this fan led initiative then?