Boundary Park buy out

PW doing this in a open forum is that really wise for his future employment slagging of his ex employer, if he came for an interview would you employ him ill advised at best imho.

What is the long term objective of the FLG was that disclosed?

1 minute ago, mickjagger said:

PW doing this in a open forum is that really wise for his future employment slagging of his ex employer, if he came for an interview would you employ him ill advised at best imho.

One is to build an hotel, cant understand why with a Premier Inn yards away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

To be fair Premier inns are sleep factories rather than full blown hotels with conferencing and restaurants. 

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

maybe looking for a higher standard of clientele than a premier inn  compliment  rather than compete 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

if they think they can get their hands on £7million then why aren't they buying the fucking team first? You don't know how long term the club will have left if AL completely fucks things up. No point having a £7m car park and stand with a team playing Sunday League.

how anyone thinks looking to buy that first and in the mean time rubbing it in AL's face you're after taking over his club is a good idea is beyond me

You've got member of the FLG calling the owners of the club wankers on facebook. They had PW in as guest speaker at their "launch night" that was a big fuck you to AL as well. Their aim is to get his club. Why the fuck would he want to negotiate with them?

if someone was clearly wanting to take something of yours, would you sit and be nice as pie with them?

you were of the mindset that anyone was better than Corney, pretty sure you were also part of the "relegation will rejuvenate the club" brigade.

my point was always SC fucked some things up. He also wasn't to blame for every last thing and better the devil you know

‘That’s a bold statement!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

I think it’s widely accepted that Lemsagam is a nutcase. I don’t think PW has done himself any harm. 

• Like 2

Want Abdallah out? Stop going.. No revenue, no club and we’ll just have to start again.

This FLG is starting to look like an unorganised bunch of chancers who want their moment in the light. Was anything revealed about how they plan to actually get this club up and going apart from sticking a hotel in the corner?

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Want Abdallah out? Stop going.. No revenue, no club and we’ll just have to start again.

This FLG is starting to look like an unorganised bunch of chancers who want their moment in the light. Was anything revealed about how they plan to actually get this club up and going apart from sticking a hotel in the corner?

Oh dear. 

9 minutes ago, peanuts said:

maybe looking for a higher standard of clientele than a premier inn  compliment  rather than compete 

At last, someone who can raise us all to a smile today. 

34 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

The Clown doesn’t have funds to buy the land and stands.  He can’t even afford to pay rent to Blitz.  He can’t even fulfil his obligations as an employer on pension payments apparently.

The FLG will own the land and OEC.  Basically they’ll be the Clowns landlord and ultimately the main creditor if he opts to not pay rent.

I don’t see the Clowns tenure lasting long and he and his sibling could well be smoked out sooner.

Question then - will the FLG take ownership of club?  I’m forecasting more pain in months ahead but my prediction that the club could soon be owned / partially owned by a certain individual could come true.

Which individual? 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Have you been kidnapped and fallen victim to Stockholm Syndrome? 

One of the biggest problems fans had was AL telling PW what players to play. 

PW made it clear in a radio interview, after leaving the club, that it had stopped. I don’t see the issue with highlighting this fact. As someone who thinks AL deserves time to correct his ways, it isn’t right that those who want to slate him at any given opportunity still use this when its a  positive thing that he’s stopped doing it. Folk too blinkered to see that.

Next up, he needs to start paying pensions properly, tell his brother to wind his neck in, be more open about the books and add a couple of CBs, a midfielder and a striker. 

3 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

I don’t know Kevin Williams. 

Not sure how you take what he posted as shit stirring, or that it contradicts what I stated. 

“The chairman IS recruiting his own players”

It could never be truly a Pete Wild team can it? He can only pick the players signed, therefore why should people stop Pete Wild left be of interference? He did. 

He left because the job wasn’t what he wanted. The position of manager was no longer available (a position which would include signing of players). The position offered was Head Coach. If a director or chairman or Head of Football or whoever then signs players, that isn’t interference. I know folk want to promote is that...but it isn’t. That is club policy now. Just like how Ole at the scum won’t sign players or Klopp at Liverpool etc. Fans still haven’t got their heads around the fact the club has moved to that style. Which AL is perfectly entitled to do. Considering AL and whoever he may have as backers is putting in the money to do this, for now, they deserve time to see how it pans out. Promotion in 2yrs he said right? Let’s see it then. 

I really am puzzled by all this. The  figures just DO NOT add up.

If the club can make £500 thousand pound profit a year from the OEC then Blitz is a business man and would have done it himself .

All the major banks would be queuing up to lend you the £7 Million pound you required to purchase the ground OEC and all the land.

Numerous entrepreneurs and wealthy landlords would be queuing up for something that returns full value in 14 years as an ongoing asset. 

Even better when one of the directors owns the company that is going to build the houses on the land................ seems like a massive conflict of interest to me. 

To me it just seems like its all wishful thinking  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

The Clown doesn’t have funds to buy the land and stands.  He can’t even afford to pay rent to Blitz.  He can’t even fulfil his obligations as an employer on pension payments apparently.

The FLG will own the land and OEC.  Basically they’ll be the Clowns landlord and ultimately the main creditor if he opts to not pay rent.

I don’t see the Clowns tenure lasting long and he and his sibling could well be smoked out sooner.

Question then - will the FLG take ownership of club?  I’m forecasting more pain in months ahead but my prediction that the club could soon be owned / partially owned by a certain individual could come true.

Is this one of the individuals who currently wish to remain anonymous?

It would be nice in this continuing age of cloak and dagger at the club to know who these people are

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He left because the job wasn’t what he wanted. The position of manager was no longer available (a position which would include signing of players). The position offered was Head Coach. If a director or chairman or Head of Football or whoever then signs players, that isn’t interference. I know folk want to promote is that...but it isn’t. That is club policy now. Just like how Ole at the scum won’t sign players or Klopp at Liverpool etc. Fans still haven’t got their heads around the fact the club has moved to that style. Which AL is perfectly entitled to do. Considering AL and whoever he may have as backers is putting in the money to do this, for now, they deserve time to see how it pans out. Promotion in 2yrs he said right? Let’s see it then. 

Klopp has no say in which players are recruited? Ok.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Exactly. And if the club will be £500k off. Why not just give him profit less his rent?

I would say because the £500k comes with conditions, whereas free rent would be his to do with as he wants.

Also if he refuses to pay rent they then own his debt, which could be a useful lever in future plans to bring the club under one ownership entity.

Edited by WLYOWD

9 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

They might not sit around the negotiating table and draw up the contracts, but If you think Ollie & Klopp dont pick the players they want you are deluded.

Banide will have no say in recruitment at all...do you really think Vera, Eagles and Sefil would be his preferred choices?

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They might not sit around the negotiating table and draw up the contracts, but If you think Ollie & Klopp dont pick the players they want you are deluded.

Banide will have no say in recruitment at all...do you really think Vera, Eagles and Sefil would be his preferred choices?

Think Banide does have say, I believe he recommended a trialist who may be signed.

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A hotel would make commercial sense. Manchester is booming and room occupancy rate at a "Latics' Hotel" in such close proximity to the city centre would be healthy.

In addition, a quality hotel, with conference facilities, would attract other business clientele who would use the on-site facilities (i.e. as well as those using it as a base for conducting business in the city).

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Perhaps we just see it as it is?  FLG providing c£500k pa to club for strengthening.

If this Clown is refusing to accept this then surely - and even BoundaryBlue80 cannot dispute this - this should set alarms ringing with the Clown’s motives?

If the FLG was dictating that the club must play Paul Whitehead’s grandson up front for 90 minutes every game then understandable.  If however it’s recommending the acquisition of Callum Lang then why turn it down?  

Correct me if I'm wrong but it’s not £500k in return for 5% stake in club each season and voting rights?!  There may be conditions but if it’s to the benefit of the club then why refuse?

Serious questions now need asking by Trust, by supporters on mass and by local media -

1. Why won’t you engage with the FLG?

2. What is the actual £ playing budget for 2019/20 season

3. What of this budget has been spent and how proportioned on each and every player?

4. Do you honestly believe we’ve strengthened the team from last season despite an increase on budget?

I strongly believe if you got the truth on points 2 and 3, you’ll understand his motive.

Some may say we have no right to answers to these questions as he’s owner.  However if budget is being wasted on these imports and to detriment of the squad this season and immediate future if club then we have every right.

I prefer THIS tone than the agenda ridden “smoke the fucker out” tone.

I’ve said elsewhere, I fully support the probing questions of AL and pressure for him to correct his ways. I won’t support something that can be seen (at worst) as a hostile attempt at a takeover, by anonymous backers, whose funds are as anonymous as ALs is, spearheaded by a guy who got into bed so badly with Corney that he had to sell his company so Corney could lay debts all over and bump it when the time was right for him. Not a great track record that.

Just like AL has a lot of convincing to do, so has the FLG to be anything credible for what is ultimately the long term goal for the club...everything back together. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

A hotel would make commercial sense. Manchester is booming and room occupancy rate at a "Latics' Hotel" in such close proximity to the city centre would be healthy.

In addition, a quality hotel, with conference facilities, would attract other business clientele who would use the on-site facilities (i.e. as well as those using it as a base for conducting business in the city).

Besides the Premier Inn an hotel is planned at the magistrates court slap bang in the town centre so this idea makes no sense to me. Why would  these city businesses prefer this hotel to the others and those outside Oldham - including the many in Manchester?

37 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

One of the biggest problems fans had was AL telling PW what players to play. 

PW made it clear in a radio interview, after leaving the club, that it had stopped. I don’t see the issue with highlighting this fact. As someone who thinks AL deserves time to correct his ways, it isn’t right that those who want to slate him at any given opportunity still use this when its a  positive thing that he’s stopped doing it. Folk too blinkered to see that.

Next up, he needs to start paying pensions properly, tell his brother to wind his neck in, be more open about the books and add a couple of CBs, a midfielder and a striker. 

You don’t publicly slag off what’s gone on if you want employment elsewhere. Wellens/shez/Bunn said nothing. Wise move.  The only one who could afford to not worry was Scholes- and look what he said. . 

AL hasn’t stopped at all. If anything he’s  been more brazen about it by making it a head coach role. Why are you blinkered to that? 

30 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The difference is Klopp is allowed to pick the team. Do you believe that we run with same the professionalism as Liverpool? 

Do you think professional boundaries of one’s roles within the club are respected? 

Ive no problem with giving the model a try, in fact I see some merit in it. I have an issue with AL pretending this is how it works and believing we’re mug enough to believe it. 

£500k is probably the figure the club makes out of selling the hospitality, 100 club season tickets and the remainder of the other season tickets and pay on the dayers, I wouldn't say its profit or indeed money made exclusively from that stand because surely fans would just relocate if the stand was to shut, I also don't understand the drama surrounding the catering contracts, at yesterdays game it was frankly a piss take what was on offer, do the OEC/FLG hold sway over the catering as well then?