Boundary Park buy out

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

It is OAFC’s liability which Lemmy took on when he purchased the limited company. The charge was on the accounts long before Abdallah got involved so to try and claim Corney hid it from him is ridiculous, all of the fans were aware of it.

It's a fair point....

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's not my area but I think it can just be registered to give preferential creditor status rather than against specific assets

It’s a long time since I used to teach Law Relating to Banking (living the dream eh?) but IIRC, a floating charge (mortgage debenture) will be crystallised and secured against all assets of the Company if the debt is called in.  The debenture will also give other rights such as being able to appoint your own named insolvency practitioner effectively meaning they will work to protect your interests rather than anybody else’s.

2 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

It’s a long time since I used to teach Law Relating to Banking (living the dream eh?) but IIRC, a floating charge (mortgage debenture) will be crystallised and secured against all assets of the Company if the debt is called in.  The debenture will also give other rights such as being able to appoint your own named insolvency practitioner effectively meaning they will work to protect your interests rather than anybody else’s.

Attending Law Relating to Banking evening classes was what made me leave banking!

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

It is OAFC’s liability which Lemmy took on when he purchased the limited company. The charge was on the accounts long before Abdallah got involved so to try and claim Corney hid it from him is ridiculous, all of the fans were aware of it.

It would be if I ever claimed he hid it from him. I said he hid debts (LED boards etc) and that Corney never fulfilled his obligation to settle the Necarcu debt. Hence he said he intends to sue him. I hope he does. If he doesn’t, more fool him. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's not my area but I think it can just be registered to give preferential creditor status rather than against specific assets

Possibly, but I thought football creditors always took preference... even over HMRC.  Risky for the lender (hence horrific rates no doubt). 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly, but I thought football creditors always took preference... even over HMRC.  Risky for the lender (hence horrific rates no doubt). 

Only if they carry on playing football.  And lord knows how they even get away with that.

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It would be if I ever claimed he hid it from him. I said he hid debts (LED boards etc) and that Corney never fulfilled his obligation to settle the Necarcu debt. Hence he said he intends to sue him. I hope he does. If he doesn’t, more fool him. 

Apologies, misread your original post.

Still though, it became Abdallah’s obligation once he purchased SC’s shares.

10 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Surely if there was an 'agreement' that Corney would pay the Necacru charge, that AL would simply deduct that amount off the price he had agreed with Corney for the 97% shares in the club.

Who wouldn't do that !

22 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Surely if there was an 'agreement' that Corney would pay the Necacru charge, that AL would simply deduct that amount off the price he had agreed with Corney for the 97% shares in the club.

Who wouldn't do that !

I don’t think he paid very much for those shares.....

Just now, tGWB said:

Its all he bought isn't it ?

It is.... but the selling party was more interested in remaining on the board and being able to continue dipping his hand in the till than realising/maximising a sale value for an entity that was largely worthless....! I don’t think very much money changed hands at all....

17 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It is.... but the selling party was more interested in remaining on the board and being able to continue dipping his hand in the till than realising/maximising a sale value for an entity that was largely worthless....! I don’t think very much money changed hands at all....

Not sure about that, particularly considering the c£5m debt 'write off / payment' in the recently published accounts

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/20192/july/20190731-club-statement/

Chesterfield's owner has written off £2m and is still  out to the tune of 9m. 

Why the hell would anyone want to be the owner of a football club.

Looking at their owners name seems you need to be a comedian or a right 🤡  

seems like a stand up guy though 😂

Edited by WLYOWD
  • Like 1