Boundary Park buy out

Jesus wept....the fans suffering yet again. Surely AL can meet with the FLG and sort it out. Surely the SLA deal on offer must be similar to last season.

I’m at a point now where I’m beginning not to give a Flying fu** anymore. The football club is close to the abyss!!!!

I just dont get this.

If we can't use the North Stand this season, then I would hope those having purchased a ST in the NS to request a refund and not happily move to one of the other stands.  Why would he want to alienate an already angered fanbase even further.

It's almost as though he no longer gives a fuck, and is simply getting whatever money he can in with a view to just upping sticks and fucking off with it all...

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Jesus wept....the fans suffering yet again. Surely AL can meet with the FLG and sort it out. Surely the SLA deal on offer must be similar to last season.

I’m at a point now where I’m beginning not to give a Flying fu** anymore. The football club is close to the abyss!!!!

It is similar, 4% higher but more avenues for the club to make money according to the FLG.

I would ask anyone with a North Stand ticket should they be moved to ask for a full refund. This is the only way this will be sorted out. 

It is a bit odd we are willing to upset fans over such an issue with us having a bigger budget.

But eh up lads, no matter what stands are open the players on the over inflated 2 or 3 year deals will still be getting paid by the OAFC current account. They will then still be giving a cut to their agents, who knows what % that may be, who knows what agency that will be.

Makes you think.

It would appear to me if he can't own the North Stand at his price (that is), whoever owns gets no revenue from him, so forcing them out. Why would you own something to lose money maybe he's trying to smoke the FLG out, just a thought.

1 minute ago, pcassist said:

It would appear to me if he can't own the North Stand at his price (that is), whoever owns gets no revenue from him, so forcing them out. Why would you own something to lose money maybe he's trying to smoke the FLG out, just a thought.

They'll still be getting money from functions, the gym, the fans bar. OAFC will lose more in lost corporate tickets, season ticket refunds and possible ticket loss (should we draw a big side in a cup). 

If he is trying to smoke them out after they have agreed a 7million deal to buy it then he has less brains than a pork pie. 

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

It is similar, 4% higher but more avenues for the club to make money according to the FLG.

I would ask anyone with a North Stand ticket should they be moved to ask for a full refund. This is the only way this will be sorted out. 

It’s madness...from what I understand without the SLA we are still entitled to use the seats for football etc in the north stand without a new one being signed. The SLA is based on corporate and hospitality etc. 

Which means a decision to not use the stand altogether means he is being stubborn and not really considering fans. 

Every chance they’ll blame Heath and safety blah blah but he’s being stubborn on my opinion and between him and the FLG the outlook is bleak moving forward whilst there in battle. 

1 minute ago, super_blue said:

It’s madness...from what I understand without the SLA we are still entitled to use the seats for football etc in the north stand without a new one being signed. The SLA is based on corporate and hospitality etc. 

Which means a decision to not use the stand altogether means he is being stubborn and not really considering fans. 

Every chance they’ll blame Heath and safety blah blah but he’s being stubborn on my opinion and between him and the FLG the outlook is bleak moving forward whilst there in battle. 

It could well be that if he opens the ground that the FLG can allow people into the boxes. If the stand is closed then it may be no one can watch the game. Total guess but it may be the case that the whole stand is available and if he wont sign the deal then the landlords may use it. 

Only financial punishment will push AL to sort this. All this 100% the budget will be bigger is just total bollocks and the club is being rinsed for all it's got IMO.

4 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Don't forget it will actually lose the club money for no good reason aswell.

The decision to not buy a season ticket for the 1st time in 28 years is looking better and better every day.

21 minutes ago, singe said:

Gateshead owe £6m 😮

Its getting to breaking point. Players so far down the leagues expecting 0000's of pounds, due to Premier League inflation, with clubs further down the leagues only receiving income from matchdays and minimal sponsorship. Clubs cant raise prices, as fans choose to not attend and go to cheaper Premier League clubs. It will get to the point in the next 10 years where a huge number of lower league clubs will need rich owners just to survive. And I imagine Bury/Bolton are just the start of a lot of clubs ceasing to exist. We will slowly start to see less and less professional clubs.

People have started saying Premier League clubs should be bailing out Bury/Bolton, which is nonsense as Bolton/Bury have been poorly managed also. But in-fact the whole structure needs resetting, and cash filtered down the leagues evenly if English football wishes to maintain 4 professional leagues. How it has been allowed that Premier League can continue to blow all this huge money and offer one player wages that would cover a whole clubs wages only 2 divisions lower is beyond me. Football has become a business and not a sport for the local community these days, and it needs to be returned to a competitive nature if English lower league football fans wish to ever see better days. Otherwise we may need to decide on which business we would like to support in the future.

51 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I just dont get this.

If we can't use the North Stand this season, then I would hope those having purchased a ST in the NS to request a refund and not happily move to one of the other stands.  Why would he want to alienate an already angered fanbase even further.

It's almost as though he no longer gives a fuck, and is simply getting whatever money he can in with a view to just upping sticks and fucking off with it all...

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, youngen said:

Its getting to breaking point. Players so far down the leagues expecting 0000's of pounds, due to Premier League inflation, with clubs further down the leagues only receiving income from matchdays and minimal sponsorship. Clubs cant raise prices, as fans choose to not attend and go to cheaper Premier League clubs. It will get to the point in the next 10 years where a huge number of lower league clubs will need rich owners just to survive. And I imagine Bury/Bolton are just the start of a lot of clubs ceasing to exist. We will slowly start to see less and less professional clubs.

People have started saying Premier League clubs should be bailing out Bury/Bolton, which is nonsense as Bolton/Bury have been poorly managed also. But in-fact the whole structure needs resetting, and cash filtered down the leagues evenly if English football wishes to maintain 4 professional leagues. How it has been allowed that Premier League can continue to blow all this huge money and offer one player wages that would cover a whole clubs wages only 2 divisions lower is beyond me. Football has become a business and not a sport for the local community these days, and it needs to be returned to a competitive nature if English lower league football fans wish to ever see better days. Otherwise we may need to decide on which business we would like to support in the future.

People have been saying things like this for years. I confidently predict 10 years from now their will be 92 professional English club most of whom will be going bust.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I think the FLG said they were offering the club a fixed matchday income that would be higher than what it had been in the previous season (or two seasons?).... 

47 minutes ago, Clifford said:

It could well be that if he opens the ground that the FLG can allow people into the boxes. If the stand is closed then it may be no one can watch the game. Total guess but it may be the case that the whole stand is available and if he wont sign the deal then the landlords may use it. 

Only financial punishment will push AL to sort this. All this 100% the budget will be bigger is just total bollocks and the club is being rinsed for all it's got IMO.

What's it got? 

41 minutes ago, youngen said:

I don't understand why some people assert that Premier League players getting paid more and more means League Two players need to (or even do) get paid more. 

Does this even happen and if so why?

If more cash filtered down the leagues wouldn't it just all be relative and badly run clubs would still be badly run and just spunk even more money than they're able to now? 

I don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't understand why some people assert that Premier League players getting paid more and more means League Two players need to (or even do) get paid more. 

Does this even happen and if so why?

It has to happen surely, clubs that can compete at the lower levels have huge attendances, and/or wealthy owners. Or they gamble like Bury and ultimately pay the price. Sunderland/Pompey/Bradford/Pboro as examples of being able to sustain this. When you've got clubs hoarding players and someone at Man City reserves on even 5-10k/week as standard and they get released, they are highly unlikely to take 2k/week at another club, and 2k/week for someone like Latics is a lot for untried and untested. And then when senior and proven players see these young lads on this silly money, their agents immediately want more. Vicious cycle.

If more cash filtered down the leagues wouldn't it just all be relative and badly run clubs would still be badly run and just spunk even more money than they're able to now? Possibly, but salary caps/more financial checks etc should counter this perhaps? 

I don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

More money from above would change nothing except the wages for the lower league players 

The wages are already unmanageable without external income. IMO Championship clubs will be the first to start suffering as they literally go shit or bust on wages of ex Prem players, and it has to have an impact 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

On match days the football is the product on sale and the FLG don’t have any stake in that so they’d be unable to allow people to watch from the stand under there own terms so to speak. 

For example the gym has to drop its shutters for matches as your paying for the gym not the gym and to watch the football. 

Edited by super_blue

Just now, youngen said:

The wages are already unmanageable without external income. IMO Championship clubs will be the first to start suffering as they literally go shit or bust on wages of ex Prem players, and it has to have an impact 

The Championship seems to be booming though.

When we were in it in it's previous form most clubs were skint with archaic grounds and facilities. As were most top flight clubs bar the top 5 or maybe 8. 

The flipside is that there are also League One and Two clubs today in better states than many top flight/second tier clubs were 25 years ago....

Nobody ever mentions that.... 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

They'll still be getting money from functions, the gym, the fans bar. OAFC will lose more in lost corporate tickets, season ticket refunds and possible ticket loss (should we draw a big side in a cup). 

If he is trying to smoke them out after they have agreed a 7million deal to buy it then he has less brains than a pork pie. 

One could argue that paying £7 million to buy it demonstrates equal traits... 

its all a mess. 

• Like 1