Boundary Park buy out

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

The Championship seems to be booming though.

When we were in it in it's previous form most clubs were skint with archaic grounds and facilities. As were most top flight clubs bar the top 5 or maybe 8. 

The flipside is that there are also League One and Two clubs today in better states than many top flight/second tier clubs were 25 years ago....

Nobody ever mentions that.... 

Interestingly ncome has gone up substantially but wages have gone up even more to £106 for every £100 earned.
By comparison, the Prem went up over £1.5 billion in the same 4 years! Although wages kepot to £70 in every £100.
Without Sky, or Sky paying less, there could be a huge pop.

i

Edited by singe

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't understand why some people assert that Premier League players getting paid more and more means League Two players need to (or even do) get paid more. 

Does this even happen and if so why?

If more cash filtered down the leagues wouldn't it just all be relative and badly run clubs would still be badly run and just spunk even more money than they're able to now? 

I don't get it. 

I think the main issue is not how much each league gets, but how much it gets in relation to the league(s) above. The bigger that gap, the more financial risk involved to try and move up and compete at that level.

3 hours ago, super_blue said:

It’s madness...from what I understand without the SLA we are still entitled to use the seats for football etc in the north stand without a new one being signed. The SLA is based on corporate and hospitality etc. 

Which means a decision to not use the stand altogether means he is being stubborn and not really considering fans. 

Every chance they’ll blame Heath and safety blah blah but he’s being stubborn on my opinion and between him and the FLG the outlook is bleak moving forward whilst there in battle. 

At the FLG meeting it was stated that the fire safety certificate has not yet been received for the seating area, and that is the responsibility of the club. 

23 minutes ago, al_bro said:

At the FLG meeting it was stated that the fire safety certificate has not yet been received for the seating area, and that is the responsibility of the club. 

You are not telling me that the owners (FLG) of the Royle stand did not include the seats in their fire risk assessment? Why would you try and fob that part off on someone else? Fire doesn't choose?

1 minute ago, Chaddy14 said:

You are not telling me that the owners (FLG) of the Royle stand did not include the seats in their fire risk assessment? Why would you try and fob that part off on someone else? Fire doesn't choose?

Calm down Keith Laird - The OEC has no intention and no need of using the seats for the public, the club do (or did) so the OEC don’t need it to be covered 

1 minute ago, Chaddy14 said:

Are you really questioning fire safety regulations at a football ground? Have a think...

4 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Maybe I am confused but seems that its matchday and the club are the football club, should it not be the club's responsibility?

The seats on the terraces belong to the club don't they?

Happy to be corrected

14 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Are you really questioning fire safety regulations at a football ground? Have a think...

Please note. This was from the meeting:-

It came to light that the seats in the stand are available to be used by the club, providing the club meet fire safety regulations known as the ‘Green Guide’. The seats in the stand are part of the club’s leasehold on the stadium and are not part of the Service Level Agreement (SLA). The SLA allows for use of the stand’s hospitality facilities, which is separate from the rent the club pays for use of the stadium and covers the cost of food and other amenities provided on matchday by the OEC

33 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

What is in your fire risk assessment and what is your legal responsibility are not the same thing.

9 hours ago, super_blue said:

I’m sure you want be the only one and fully understandable!

Potential PR disaster ahead unless there is a u turn. 

Really pleased with Wheater signing but if Joe Royle stand remains closed I'll still ask for refund.

5 hours ago, underdog said:

Maybe I am confused but seems that its matchday and the club are the football club, should it not be the club's responsibility?

The seats on the terraces belong to the club don't they?

Happy to be corrected

The club rents the stand from Brassbank so its the responsibility of Brassbank to ensure it carries all the necessary statutory certification for them to rent it as a football stand 

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I admit it's a massive own goal to close it. But to ask for a refund seems a bit ridiculous. Just sit in the rochdale road end.

The owner has decided to not allow the fans to use a stand he's sold them a ticket for. I'd say they should ask for a refund.

Head out of the sand time.

Just now, Clifford said:

The owner has decided to not allow the fans to use a stand he's sold them a ticket for. I'd say they should ask for a refund.

Head out of the sand time.

I go to watch football not to sit in a stand. If my ticket was changed to another team I'd prob ask for a refund 

• Like 1