Boundary Park buy out

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Could do with an update or at least a bit of inside info from those in the know.  Latics leaks like an old tub but OEC seems immune. 

Blog please. 

I am sure information will be released when necessary. Chill out and enjoy your weekend...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am sure information will be released when necessary. Chill out and enjoy your weekend...

Loving my weekend. 

Its just we we were promised something by now.  But yeah, I guess when they see fit. 

45 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Loving my weekend. 

Its just we we were promised something by now.  But yeah, I guess when they see fit. 

What were we promised?

20 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What were we promised?

Last two blog posts promised specific types of updates. Neither have materialised. 

I dont doubt they read this forum though, so we might get something soon. 

Edited by kowenicki

I am not sure what the end goal is with all this. No one is really saying what that is.

I'd be far happier someone coming along and making OAFC whole again, Surely that's the clubs best chance.

Still I am prepared to wait to hear the ultimate plan.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Last two blog posts promised specific types of updates. Neither have materialised. 

I dont doubt they read this forum though, so we might get something soon. 

Nothing specific and nothing promised that I can see...

We have some significant meetings this week, after which we hope to be able to share some further news.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Nothing specific and nothing promised that I can see...

We have some significant meetings this week, after which we hope to be able to share some further news.

I forgot they get a complete free pass on this forum for some reason. 

Some here would be up in arms if the owner was as quiet and secretive as this group seem to be.  Two vague blog posts from unknown individuals in the last 3 months. 

Lookers hasn't even asked for a “plan” or some “kom-Uni-Kay-shun yet”. 

Anyhow, I’ll wait and hopefully communication will ramp up and it’ll be good news.  Though I do wonder how it can lead to anything other than conflict given the people involved so far. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Some here would be up in arms if the owner was as quiet and secretive as this group seem to be.  Two vague blog posts from unknown individuals in the last 3 months. 

Anyhow, I’ll wait and hopefully communication will ramp up and it’ll be good news.  Though I do wonder how it can lead to anything other than conflict given the people involved so far. 

They dont like being questioned on Twitter they blocked me for asking a simple question.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

It’s quite clear to see what their motive is though isn’t it. To be ready to save the club, or begin a Phoenix if/when administration or liquidation occurs.

No-one knows with the other fella.

If/when, the FLG own the land and the stand, presently all they do is run the OEC, I might be more inclined to ask for a Plan.

Blitz hasn’t got away without stern criticism from me on here....

....but we’ve covered this topic before, you choose either ignore it, or you’re forgetful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

A free pass?  The two situations aren't in any way comparable.

AL has been in charge of the football club for how long now and all we've seen so far is a relegation, multiple employee complaints, our lowest finish in 40 years or something, and an underwhelming squad head off on a pre season tour.

The fan led group have had ownership of the OEC for a couple of weeks (actually, has it even gone through yet?) and have released a video of the renovations to the top floor for a new supporters bar.  Why do they need to put out more of a plan at such an early stage?  And why would we need one? They aren't involved in the football club, which is why we're all here, not to know the ins and outs of the workings of a conference centre.

You're trying to generate some sort of hypocrisy where it doesn't exist.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

They have certainly had a free pass on here compared to how the Trust were treated on here when they tried to update.

They're essentially a business next to the club for the moment though, no connection. We haven't had an update from B&Q on their upcoming range of garden furniture either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbooth said:

They're essentially a business next to the club for the moment though, no connection. We haven't had an update from B&Q on their upcoming range of garden furniture either. 

They're essentially a business next to the club for the moment though-are they, how do you know, nobody knows who they might be. Just because they want to buy the ground/stand doesn't mean they have the best interests of the club at heart.

They are potentially a game changer for our club, so is there not some responsibility with that to keep folks updated? Something the trust tried to do and got murdered for trying.So yes they are getting a free ride at the moment.

Or do we have to put up with the quote "they are good people" and be happy with that?

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

They're essentially a business next to the club for the moment though-are they, how do you know, nobody knows who they might be. Just because they want to buy the ground/stand doesn't mean they have the best interests of the club at heart.

They are potentially a game changer for our club, so is there not some responsibility with that to keep folks updated? Something the trust tried to do and got murdered for trying.So yes they are getting a free ride at the moment.

Or do we have to put up with the quote "they are good people" and be happy with that?

What do you want to know then?