Boundary Park buy out

14 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

They're essentially a business next to the club for the moment though, no connection. We haven't had an update from B&Q on their upcoming range of garden furniture either. 

Yes, yes.  The owners of a stand that is an integral part of Boundary Park, seats fans in the ground at matches and could potentially make or break the current regime is essentially just a business next to the club... just like B&Q or the Audi dealership.

Thats why we have an 8 page thread elsewhere here on the new patio furniture ranges at B&Q and the exciting new EV’s coming from the VW Audi group. 

Jesus Christ. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....they don’t own it. How many times do you need to be told before it goes in?

Sorry? 

Further clarification to the earlier statement:

As part of the agreed purchase of Boundary Park, the group are acquiring the shares in Oldham Event Centre. Thus taking over the 364 day operations within the stand.

More details of our proposals will follow, but our stated aim going forward is to generate income for the football club to make it sustainable.

The agreement we are awaiting the club sign off on only relates to Matchday operations.  This is in line with that of previous seasons.  Increases in hospitality purchases in the 19/20 season will therefore directly benefit the club.

The belief of the group is that for Oldham Athletic to be successful going forward the asset i.e. the ground and particularly the North Stand should directly benefit the football club. Our plans involve ensuring exactly this happens.

In view of the fact that we will be making further statements next week we will be making no further comments until then. 

I think you are splitting hairs.  These guys CONTROL boundary park including the North Stand.  The tenor of my post is correct. 

Edited by kowenicki

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

tenor = tenet ?

No tenor. Meaning the character of something. 

As in “the tenor of the speech...”

If thats wrong then I’ve used it wrong hundreds of times. 😂

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No tenor. Meaning the character of something. 

As in “the tenor of the speech...”

If thats wrong then I’ve used it wrong hundreds of times. 😂

I thought there were only three tenors...

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Isn’t three tenners this seasons playing budget.... ? 

I’m still waiting for the usual suspects to reach a consensus on this. They are split in to two schools of thought (complaints) at the mo...

1. Budget is tiny

2. We are paying multiple thousand pound contracts to a selection of crap players. 

Cant both be true. 

Edited by kowenicki

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m still waiting for the usual suspects to reach a consensus on this. They are split in to two schools of thought (complaints) at the mo...

1. Budget is tiny

2. We are paying multiple thousand pound contracts to a selection of crap players. 

Cant both be true. 

I'm not in either camp but they're not mutually exclusive. The 'real' budget could still be tiny and inflated wages being paid which reduces that. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think you are splitting hairs.  These guys CONTROL boundary park including the North Stand.  The tenor of my post is correct. 

No. No hairs being split. It’s in black & white above, they DO NOT own Boundary Park, or the North Stand. Blitz does.... and values it at many millions.

They - the FLG - do own a Limited Company that operates from the North Stand. Blitz gave it to them for free. You don’t need to be Hercule Poirot to work out why. Because it was worth fuck all and gave him a headache owning it. I couldn’t give two shiny sh1tes about the OEC currently.

Until anyone other than Blitz owns the tangible assets, the club is in limbo. I hold TTA in contempt. Their motive when the bought the club - after failing to buy Hull because the council - unlike ours who gifted it to them at a price under its value - wouldn’t let them have Boothferry Park - was to play at football ownership, with the insurance policy that they could recoup any money they burned, by selling/redeveloping the land. When Blitz & Gazal walked from OAFC 2004 in 2010 - because they wanted too much for whole shebang - they fucked us, massively. Corney then abused us until his luck ran out.

The fella that bought the football club says he did not know the land and North Stand did not come with it. How stupid does that make him sound? I don’t - by the way - believe it for one second. It’s just an excuse to say, woe is me. He knew what he was getting alright..... and so it takes me right back to the start. What is your motivation Mr. Lemsagam?

Why would - on face value - a seemingly successful Moroccan football agent, living in Dubai, give up his income/business, to own a small unsuccessful football club in a cold, dark and wet part of Northern Europe (he said he was moving his family here in a very early interview, to give the impression of being in it for the long term - he hasn’t done this!) that does not own its land or stands, without having any connection/affinity with the club/area at all? It’s doesn’t add up, does it?

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

1. Budget is tiny

Cant both be true. 

12 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I'm not in either camp but they're not mutually exclusive. The 'real' budget could still be tiny and inflated wages being paid which reduces that. 

....spot on.... and debts being run up - like Bury -  but we have no idea, cos the fella who owns us doesn’t submit his accounts.....!

32 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

The amounts being thrown around do make them mutually exclusive. 

Our budget isn't tiny imo. 

It may well all be debt based (which will be bad), but the budget isn’t tiny. 

Edited by kowenicki

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It’s in black & white above, they DO NOT own Boundary Park, or the North Stand. Blitz does.... and values it at many millions.

Correct for now but the FLG have an agreement in place to purchase the stadium, including the North Stand.

• Like 1

Just now, kowenicki said:

If there was substance in the allegations, it'd mean it was a part of the budget that was going to AL's other business. He wouldn't be speculating for the benefit of OAFC. He could pay millions if he's getting it all back.

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Correct for now but the FLG have an agreement in place to purchase the stadium, including the North Stand.

....which could fall though and Blitz decides to sell it to (for examples sake: Amazon) and/or redevelop some/the lot into houses.

....but even then, I’ve told you what the FLG’s motive is above. It’s a clear as the sea off a Caribbean island. Marco’s is a opaque as the Atlantic off Agadir.

Edited by lookersstandandy

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It may well all be debt based (which will be bad), but the budget isn’t tiny. 

We agree for once here.... but then it does beg the question why we’ve offered the likes of Maynard, Mayor, Clough ‘peanuts’ and tried to renegotiate Clarke and Baxter’s contracts, but don’t seem to have the same problem with the likes of Maouche & Vera?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Why would - on face value - a seemingly successful Moroccan football agent, living in Dubai, give up his income/business, to own a small unsuccessful football club in a cold, dark and wet part of Northern Europe (he said he was moving his family here in a very early interview, to give the impression of being in it for the long term - he hasn’t done this!) that does not own its land or stands, without having any connection/affinity with the club/area at all? It’s doesn’t add up, does it?

This hardly breaking news. Folks were asking this when he first appeared on the scene. Admittedly there has never been a conclusive answer to his motivation or source of wealth.

25 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We agree for once here.... but then it does beg the question why we’ve offered the likes of Maynard, Mayor, Clough ‘peanuts’ and tried to renegotiate Clarke and Baxter’s contracts, but don’t seem to have the same problem with the likes of Maouche & Vera?

Agents?

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agents?

Could be..... which is a co-incidence isn’t it, cos Marco was one.... and his brother still is. I’m sure they’ll be unconnected though. There’s no way Marco & brother would put their and their client’s personal interests above that of OAFC 2004 Ltd.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Could be..... which is a co-incidence isn’t it, cos Marco was one.... and his brother still is. I’m sure they’ll be unconnected though. There’s no way Marco & brother would put their and their client’s personal interests above that of OAFC 2004 Ltd.

I think that would need to involve some fraudulent and illegal activity. 

Edited by kowenicki

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think that’s illegal. 

I’m sure it is.... which is why I said there’s no way they’re doing it.... anyway Marco gave up his interest in his football agency to remove the conflict of interest, so it’s all immaterial isn’t it.

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’m sure it is.... which is why I said there’s no way they’re doing it.... anyway Marco gave up his interest in his football agency to remove the conflict of interest, so it’s all immaterial isn’t it.

😂