Boundary Park buy out

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

We agree for once here.... but then it does beg the question why we’ve offered the likes of Maynard, Mayor, Clough ‘peanuts’ and tried to renegotiate Clarke and Baxter’s contracts, but don’t seem to have the same problem with the likes of Maouche & Vera?

Maybe because when players are suggested to AL by Barry there is one budget. And when it’s players AL found there is another budget? 

It’s not good for morale, but it’s hardly sinister. In addition, I’m sure there are always players any chairman pushes the boat out for if he rates him personally, and is suddenly skint when the manager wants what he Perceives is a dud. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Maybe because when players are suggested to AL by Barry there is one budget. And when it’s players AL found there is another budget? 

It’s not good for morale, but it’s hardly sinister. In addition, I’m sure there are always players any chairman pushes the boat out for if he rates him personally, and is suddenly skint when the manager wants what he Perceives is a dud. 

That's a true recipe for success there.

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

This hardly breaking news. Folks were asking this when he first appeared on the scene. Admittedly there has never been a conclusive answer to his motivation or source of wealth.

Never been a conclusive answer? Never been even the merest hint! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I’m still waiting for the usual suspects to reach a consensus on this. They are split in to two schools of thought (complaints) at the mo...

1. Budget is tiny

2. We are paying multiple thousand pound contracts to a selection of crap players. 

Cant both be true. 

You're correct in what you say, but wilfully missing the point. Yes, we had a big budget. You might be the biggest spender in this division purely on what we paid Johhny and Queensy in the one below. £4k a week in this division should be buying you a striker you'd expect to get 25 goals, and that takes you a long way to promotion.

However, if this is all you spend money on your big budget is filled out with Giles Cokes. Which is what happened.

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s not good for morale, but it’s hardly sinister.....

....it is if one budget is reserved for players whose agents you ‘prefer’....and another for players whose agents you do not. Then you might like to speculate why some agents are preferenced over others....!?!

Edited by lookersstandandy

Is ML still connected to the business that AL resigned from?

You could say there may be a potential conflict of interest if he's in a position of Sporting Director at a football club, particularly if the SD is overseeing the transfer dealings.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is ML still connected to the business that AL resigned from?

You could say there may be a potential conflict of interest if he's in a position of Sporting Director at a football club, particularly if the SD is overseeing the transfer dealings.

No.

....but there is a 3rd brother called Omar.

http://sport2jlt.com/team

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He is..... so why would he give up, seemingly his only regular income, to own us......?

I reckon he likes the prestige of owning a football club and was told during negotiations that he wouldn't need to put much of his own money into it.

• Like 1

....it is if one budget is reserved for players whose agents you ‘prefer’....and another for players whose agents you do not. Then you might like to speculate why some agents are preferenced over others....!?!

We’re back here again Andy. 

Maybe, maybe not. 

You speculate that that we are spending money we don’t have (maybe in loans) we use that money to pay inflated wages to average players (with no proof) and then that money gives kick backs to his former agency. (With no proof)  In summary the whole club is a mule for him to pay himself and his family . . . Or so you seem to imply in every third post. Without anything to back it up other than just your opinion.

Anyone who offers balance or doesn’t see the whole thing through your narrow prism is deluded. . . 🙄 Clearly not everything is rosy. Nor I am defending AL.  But literally everything you post these days is a conspiracy theory.   !!??!?!??!?- (I couldn’t understand what you were saying without all the punctuation.) 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

You speculate that that we are spending money we don’t have (maybe in loans) we use that money to pay inflated wages to average players (with no proof) and then that money gives kick backs to his former agency. (With no proof)  In summary the whole club is a mule for him to pay himself and his family . . . Or so you seem to imply in every third post. Without anything to back it up other than just your opinion.

Anyone who offers balance or doesn’t see the whole thing through your narrow prism is deluded. . . 🙄 Clearly not everything is rosy. Nor I am defending AL.  But literally everything you post these days is a conspiracy theory.   !!??!?!??!?- (I couldn’t understand what you were saying without all the punctuation.) 

Amen.  It’s almost every post now!  Just report it to the authorities and have done with it.  

40 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He is..... so why would he give up, seemingly his only regular income, to own us......?

Because you can make far money owning super Latics than being a super agent.... obviously.  😂🙄

Edited by kowenicki

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I reckon he likes the prestige of owning a football club and was told during negotiations that he wouldn't need to put much of his own money into it.

....if it's as innocent as this, then he's not very bright is he?

:lol:

Exactly.  So stop bending our ears about it then. Its become very boring.  We are well aware of your suspicions and they may well have some substance, but repeating the same insinuation over and over again is pointless.  Come back to us when you have something new or some evidence.  The accounts (if they EVER land) will possibly help in that regard.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

There is 100% proof of this...

Edited by Ryan

53 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So why don’t you just post that proof on here instead of resorting to the above?

I was only confirming the part I highlighted with bold text and not the rest of LOF’s post.

There’s proof that we’ve paid over-inflated wages for Abdallah’s players. £4,000 p/w for Mo Maouche, £12,000 p/w for Menig etc - these simply aren’t anywhere near their true market value.

Edited by Ryan
Mistaken identity

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I was only confirming the part I highlighted with bold text and not the rest of LSA’s post.

There’s proof that we’ve paid over-inflated wages for Abdallah’s players. £4,000 p/w for Mo Maouche, £12,000 p/w for Menig etc - these simply aren’t anywhere near their true market value.

That’s what I am asking you to do - show that proof. 

Just now, TheBigDog said:

That’s what I am asking you to do - show that proof. 

What do you want? Pictures of contracts?

When Abdallah was questioned about Queensy’s wage he replied saying he wanted to treat the fanbase. If it was untrue surely he would’ve burst out laughing before refuting such a ridiculous figure.

Lots of good people with insider knowledge who care deeply about the club are all singing from the same hymn sheet about these things, they can’t all be lying and/or misinformed.