• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  9. 9. Kevin Nolan

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2019 at 10:59 PM

There have been several names linked to the Latics Manager's job on OWTB, in The Chron, as well as the shifting favourites on Sky Bet and Bet Victor.

I've listed 9 names in the poll to gauge people's views.

Would you find one, some, or none acceptable as the new Manager - or Head Coach - at Boundary Park?

Edited by LaticMark

I think Brown Evans or Flitcroft could get us up given the right type of support a d the right type of environment to work in.

I put unsure to the 2 foreign managers as Ive nothing really to go off to suggest they could succeed in this league. Their is ofcourse no reason to suggest they can't succeed in fact correras C.V. is actually pretty good.

I'm unsure on Sol Campbell I'm not sure he's the right fit for us. But he didn't look a good fit for Macc town and he did a good job keeping them up. I'm unsure on Kevin Nolan while he got sacked at Notts this season he also got them into the play offs last year.

I've gone for a no for Coyle and Clark. 

But The biggest worry is not the quality of candidates but the environment they will work in. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

Out of all the candidates or potential candidates Evans would be favourable purely because he does deliver, despite his abrasiveness.

Brown possibly, wouldn't be overjoyed but might be the kind of manager needed to get us out of this league.

Campbell, not sure, did a job at Macc but only just.

Coyle, no

Clarke,no

Foreigners, who knows.

A couple would be of interest likely not interested due to budget and/or set up. Realisticly (not by choice) an ideal candidate in our set up would have worked in the head coach role with Director of Football. 

Jonker has a 67 points in a season, Nolan a bit more. Evens for the ride and the experience. Campbell has earned some respect. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Brown, Coyle and Clarke are a HUGE no for me. 

I’m unsure on most of the rest. 

I’d take Evans despite his divisive personality.  Far superior record than those other three. 

I'd prefer Evans out of the options but Brown has got a better record than him...

What makes people think that someone who is used to with a sporting director is going to succeed here.

The role of the sporting director/Director of football is to look for and sign players. They don't interfere with team selection ours obviously does.

A sporting Director can be a very good thing for a football club. Ours obviously isn't.

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What makes people think that someone who is used to with a sporting director is going to succeed here.

The role of the sporting director/Director of football is to look for and sign players. They don't interfere with team selection ours obviously does.

A sporting Director can be a very good thing for a football club. Ours obviously isn't.

It's normal apparently...